The work is finished! (Eco angle France2)

philosophical debates and companies.
Christophe

The work is finished! (Eco angle France2)

by Christophe » 27/10/16, 22:31

In the movement of economy-finance / tomorrow-all-unemployed-t13279.html (again on econology, we were 2 years ahead :D) ... tonight the Angle Eco on France2 is entitled: work is done!

For this back-to-school issue, broadcast in preview on the franceinfo website since October 21, then on France 2 on October 27, "L'Angle éco" looks at work, an occupation ... disappearance !

Supermarket cashiers are replaced by automatic kiosks, secretaries disappear from offices (104 jobs eliminated in ten years), new metros and buses no longer have a driver ... Now, all trades are affected. After the blue-collar workers, it's the white-collar workers' turn. Robots with artificial intelligence, software with almost unlimited computing capacities: digitization is upsetting all of our businesses.

Millions of jobs will be lost

While productivity per hour worked explodes in France (+ 759,3% in sixty-five years!), Experts and economists are formal: in the coming years, 40% of today's professions will have disappeared . Millions of jobs will be lost, in France and around the world. But new professions remain to be invented… and employees to be trained!

Should we be worried? Should we rejoice? Because with work, it is a form of suffering or alienation that disappears. At the start of this crucial election year, "L'Angle éco" looks at this work which worries the French so much, and explains why, little by little, it is disappearing!

Work_finished.jpg

In summary :
- Help ! My job disappears. Call center advisers, neighborhood photographers, secretaries… So many endangered professions. What do the employees think about it?
- More tires, fewer workers. For the past XNUMX years, Michelin factories have produced more tires with fewer workers. Will men disappear from factories? Or finally get rid of hard work?
- Stop the breakage. Unlimited productivity comes at a high price! Musculoskeletal disorders are more and more numerous and the spirits also crack…
- California, work in shambles. In this western American state, more than a third of workers are now "self-employed".
- Netherlands: work less to live more. One in two working Dutch people has chosen to work part-time. And surprise, companies are gaining in productivity and efficiency!

"L'Angle éco" also went to meet economists and business leaders: Jean-Dominique Senard, CEO of Michelin, Bernard Thibault, former secretary general of the CGT and member of the International Labor Organization, Robert Reich, former Secretary of Labor to Bill Clinton and theorist of the digital revolution.

http://www.francetvinfo.fr/replay-magaz ... 82037.html
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Work is over! (The eco angle, France2)

by sen-no-sen » 28/10/16, 10:59

Hopefully the question of automation should be taken into account for the elections of 2022 or even 2027 ... when it is too late. :x
Ah well what is the new jobs of substitution? : Lol:
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
Christophe

by Christophe » 28/10/16, 12:05

Too late ... what do you mean by that?

For new jobs ... pfffuuuu good question !!

Unemployed? : Cheesy:
Politics? : Cheesy:

The policies will undoubtedly be very strong to create useless jobs as it is already the case ... starting with theirs in many cases! : Mrgreen:
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 28/10/16, 12:11

Christophe wrote:Unemployed? : Cheesy:
Politics? : Cheesy:

May the god of algorithms hear us and replace this whole bunch of good-for-nothing with an AI! : Lol:
Insofar as no job is spared (from neurosurgeon to tile washer!) It is good to think that this "class" can also be replaced.
As much as I am against the automation of society, as much as I find it urgent that the policy be driven by predictive models as is the case in the climate field, this would demonstrate the absurd and catastrophic purpose of the current system ...
0 x
The shadow
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by The shadow » 28/10/16, 12:41

Work ???? already the word is absurd because to read what refers to it is terrifying> Google is my enemy : Cheesy:
Because in our beautiful society many words have been modified to avoid the worst few that come to mind
Maneuver = Surface Technician
Blind = blind person
Killing = collateral damage
Handicaper = person with reduced mobility
I let you continue this linguistic monstrosity of our molière language
For the word work = the one I selected is not the nicest ....
The origin of the word work comes from Latin tripalium, which was a three-stake torture device.
So I zapped this expression of my vocabulary for 60 years I replace it with Activity
Have a good day
PS I better for the end May 1 is her birthday
0 x
Without Exhausting draw
Christophe

by Christophe » 28/10/16, 12:52

sen-no-sen wrote:As much as I am against the automation of society, as much as I find it urgent that the policy be driven by predictive models as is the case in the climate field, this would demonstrate the absurd and catastrophic purpose of the current system ...

I understand what you mean but:

a) It is a little paradoxical: not to wish the automation of the company but to wish it for its direction?

b) Who tells you they don't already have these tools? And that their function as "pawns, liars and political clowns" would be all the more real!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 28/10/16, 12:53

Shadow wrote:PS I better for the end May 1 is her birthday

It is not false!

I declare May 1, BDSM party !!! : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 28/10/16, 13:49

Christophe wrote:
sen-no-sen wrote:As much as I am against the automation of society, as much as I find it urgent that the policy be driven by predictive models as is the case in the climate field, this would demonstrate the absurd and catastrophic purpose of the current system ...

I understand what you mean but:

a) It is a little paradoxical: not to wish the automation of the company but to wish it for its direction?

I obviously don't want to be led by a HAL9000 or Skynet but to the extent that the political class is acquired in automation, it would be somewhat playful that it in itself the first touch ... then maybe ... some will wake up? But I have doubts!

b) Who tells you that they don't already have these tools? And that their function as "pawns, liars and political clowns" would be all the more real!

In reality the various political agents are already automata, but biological automata ... while waiting for their less expensive and less horrible substitutes.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 28/10/16, 14:00

Good for refocusing: who watched the show?

Personally I did not have the morale for : Cheesy: : Cheesy:

The excerpt that I saw showed the example of automatic trucks (yes, it's already on the road) ... which we just talked about in the subject all unemployed a few days ago!
0 x
The shadow
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by The shadow » 28/10/16, 17:14

Since the man's spacewalk everything is in place for automation> ROBOTS
HAL = IBM
0 x
Without Exhausting draw