lazy gardener in Loire Atlantique

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Did67

Re: Lazy Gardener in Loire Atlantique

by Did67 » 11/06/18, 10:57

No no. That's toxicology !!!

We study the harmful effects and at what dose, according to protocols (LD 50, effects if swallowed, effect if splashed in the eyes, allergies, etc.) ... These are standard protocols.

But you see right away what use of Khmer Green can make of these cards when it comes to a synthetic pesticide (hated by "religion" - since it is synthetic, it is because it is harmful)? But the same will proselytize vinegar in every way! Or soap.

[Far be it from me to defend synthetic pesticides; there are other effects which do not emerge from these sheets, sheets which only concern immediate toxicity; not the long-term effects, the cocktail effects, the accumulations in certain parts of the body, etc ... I would just like us to have some consistency in our ideas: no, synthetic products are not all badly toxic - cf polyethylene in certain prostheses and not, all "old" products are not devoid of negative effects or dangers, even if they are handled every day; and it is therefore not a question of making full use of it. That is my point. I have already written somewhere that if I had to use a fungicide it would surely not be copper, but a synthetic fungicide - well sulfur first!].
0 x
guibnd
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by guibnd » 11/06/18, 22:00

green khmer may be as bad at chemistry as I am : Mrgreen:
this afternoon, I went to brico and I took a look; there was the acetic acid roundup you are talking about and also a pelargonic acid roundup, it must be natural so necessarily organic, in pelargonic, there is pelargonium therefore genanium? (there I do the green Khmer but my little finger tells me that you will not like pelargonic : Mrgreen: )
0 x
Twandering with clayey and fertile wheat, full of water in winter, cold in spring, crushed and cracked in summer,
but that was before the Didite ...
to be chafoin
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by to be chafoin » 12/06/18, 01:25

Did67 wrote:
phil53 wrote:3rd year of cultivation with hay and bindweed has never been so beautiful despite the hunting I do.
There are two species of bindweed, the smaller one, the "field bindweed" (Convolvulus arvense from its Latin name). It is, according to the "flora" (identification books) 20 to 80 cm. Especially in the fields and meadows.
The other much stronger, the "hedge bindweed" (Calystegia sepium or Convolvulus sepiuem) is mainly found along hedges, banks, fences or brush. It is, depending on the flora, 1 to 3 m! It can have rhizomes, more than 50 cm deep, the size of asparagus !!!
I too have lots of bindweed and both. Here the hedge monster which is exploding at the moment, elsewhere it is like waves!
2018-06-11 19.55.09.jpg
"bucolic" setting of my perries and red beets
We could make arbors to sift the sun so it goes fast (it would suffice to put fairly large supports!).
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 12/06/18, 08:34

It is the bindweed for hedges!
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 12/06/18, 08:49

Guibnd wrote:... and also a roundup with pelargonic acid, it must be natural so necessarily organic that, in pelargonic, there is pelargonium therefore genanium? (there I do the green Khmer but my little finger tells me that you will not like pelargonic : Mrgreen: )

Absolutely. It is an extract of geranium, which has the property of "dissolving" the cuticle (this film of "waxes" which covers the leaves and prevents them from drying out). But I believe that in this Roundup, there is still some glyphosate ??? [I have trouble finding its card; I don't remember his trade name anymore, because with the "Rundups", everything is now in the details]

No, no, I have nothing against these "weedkillers" (except that it is expensive and the effect is very temporary). If I intended to weed, I would do it with a heat gun (proof that I am not a Khmer Green: I would burn fossil gas!). Exactly, the vinegar in the vegetable garden is not the best, but the "living" degrades it (our cells work with acetic acid). Pelargonic acid is in every geranium you compost ...

NB: Roundup "pure glyphosate" is no longer authorized for "free sale" (shelving of garden centers or "garden" section of hyper). It is now one of the products "under lock and key". It was therefore vital for Monsanto to release this "Canada Dry" product to remain present. But apart from the "new" mention, very banal, who reads the composition of a product? Who understands it?
0 x
phil53
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by phil53 » 23/06/18, 11:06

For the bottle, it's the little one I have but in great shape. Sometimes I manage to get 30cm from the deep root. I read that some used the asparagus gouge and that in 3 or 4 times c was set. I doubt a little.

My red onions are small and we have few roots.

First year of beans, not a big harvest, very disappointing given the price of seeds.

If you cut the flowers of an artichoke, which ones are rough?
0 x
phil53
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by phil53 » 25/06/18, 23:45

the cloves planted, from the shoot I was proud and hoped to have 4 beautiful heads of garlic, the others being ridiculously small. Sure it's not the biggest contest but still when you have to peel them, it's still better the big ones
cayeux.jpg

Result at least one went to bed alone and horror is unusable, a kind of mixture of can and garlic a little rotten.
result.jpg
0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 26/06/18, 02:01

I did'nt understand everything.....

Are you happy with your harvest or not, your pods seem correct right?

But isn't the harvest a little later?
0 x
phil53
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by phil53 » 26/06/18, 07:50

The first picture is the 4 bubilles that I planted. I had cut one and it seemed to be one piece.
The bottom photo is the result of one of the 4.
I did not harvest, except what I eat. I see last year that it will be small and tedious to peel.
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 26/06/18, 10:34

phil53 wrote:
I read that some used the asparagus gouge and that in 3 or 4 times c was set. I doubt a little.

As already written somewhere, there is the field bindweed and the hedge bindweed. The latter has rhizomes the size of an inch to about fifty cm deep (when properly installed). It is not tomorrow the day before that it will be "emptied"!

The bindweed, it happens, it is even quite frequent, that they are "replants": a piece of rhizome carried by the tiller (the most beautiful machine for cutting bindweed that man has invented) or, more surprising, by the mole-rats, which made clusters (undoubtedly reserves - logic: what the ear to cereals is, the rhizome is for the bindweed - the reserve organ which ensures survival and offspring).

In this case, a stroke of the asparagus gouge may suffice (I sometimes "pull" such cuttings in damaged soil, without any tools; and I suspect mole rats since I have never worked the ground !).
0 x