Earthworms ... it is how?

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Earthworms it comes ... how?

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 08/06/17, 22:23

Did67 wrote:Yes Yes. It was not to contradict at all. But to add a point, a slip that often comes ...

Nowhere does nature, whether it be a savannah, a forest, a mixed system (agroforestry for example) form mounds, spirals, bury aerial organic matter (but the roots remain!) ... So yes, 100 % Okay.

I simply wanted to say "beware of the temptation" very common today, to consider the forest floor to be the best! [you will find videos, on the internet, of people digging trenches in their garden, then looking for soil in the forest (which is illegal) to fill them in !!!]

In this case I follow you all the way ....

And .... I am not like that ...

No dream of Paradise Lost or Garden of Eden, no hidden demiurge in my case :D

It also doesn't bother to "shoot anything that moves" : Cheesy: : Cheesy: : Cheesy: (I hope you will take this remark with all the humor it contains, I prefer to specify heavily because the writing is so poor in intonations .... : Wink: )

Did67 wrote:people who dig trenches in their garden, then go to look for soil in the forest (which is also illegal) to fill them !!!]

You make me laugh when you say that because my wife had this temptation in our forest (it even seems to me that if it's with us we don't have the right anyway ... but whatever) and then she s is delighted.

It reminded me of the final of Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade with this Grail that he touches with his fingertips and wants at all costs to seize at the risk of his life: leave him where he is Indi, leave him where he is
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 09/06/17, 08:42

nico239 wrote:
It also doesn't bother to "shoot anything that moves" : Cheesy: : Cheesy: : Cheesy: (I hope you will take this remark with all the humor it contains, I prefer to specify heavily because the writing is so poor in intonations .... : Wink: )

You make me laugh when you say that because my wife had this temptation in our forest (it even seems to me that if it's with us we don't have the right anyway ... but whatever) and then she s is delighted.

1) Yes, you're right. Sometimes my passion takes me away ... And this inspires me that. And it's endless ...

2) I start from the principle that the threads are read by a lot of people ... And I realize with hindsight, that there is generally someone who discovers something ... You yourself, you read my responses to others ...

In my head, I am very rarely in the invective. I am more in the "delirium" that generates what an interlocutor writes ...

3) You see that the temptation is great. It is actually a "fad" right now.

I think it's forbidden, even in public forest (which "belongs" to a municipality or to the State). But there is a broad tolerance, for the pickings, the gleaning of dead wood, etc ... Some are legally recognized "rights of use". Not take the land, to my knowledge. That said, if certain degradations of the public domain shock me, not this one. I simply inform. For many people, if it's public, it's for everyone and we can take ... Forests are for everyone, we throw in what we want and take what we want. we want !!
0 x
Grelinette
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Grelinette » 13/05/18, 15:56

Hello,
I reactivate this subject to tell you about a funny phenomenon!

I leave my equines from time to time on a field, and necessarily they leave some droppings there.
When I remove these droppings, which solidified in a few days, I notice that below there are holes about 1 cm in diameter: these are the big earthworms, the famous anecic, which go up from the depths of the ground (up to 6 m deep) to feed on the droppings and reject the result of their digestion.
I also find small mounds of earth 5 to 10 cm high in places made up of a twist of digested earth.

It is already interesting to note that the anecic worms detect the place where there is a dung placed on the ground above them and goes directly there to feed on it.
Earthworms (01) .jpg
Earthworms (01) .jpg (122.23 KiB) Viewed 4018 times

also note that the seeds swallowed and not digested germinate and grow directly on the dung!
Earthworms (02) .jpg
Earthworms (02) .jpg (147.4 KiB) Viewed 4018 times

These worms are quite large, 1 cm in diameter and some are as close as 1 m long!
Earthworms (04) .jpg
Earthworms (04) .jpg (159.75 KiB) Viewed 4018 times

Earthworms (05) .jpg
Earthworms (05) .jpg (121.45 KiB) Viewed 4018 times

When I started to remove a pile of droppings from the ground, there was a big lagging worm underneath which could not fit into its hole because it was soaked with droppings!
I let him disgorge his dung for 10 minutes, and then little by little he returned to his hole ... and I was able to continue my cleaning.
Earthworms (03) .jpg
Earthworms (03) .jpg (178.94 KiB) Viewed 4018 times

Earthworms (06) .jpg
Earthworms (06) .jpg (213.49 KiB) Viewed 4018 times
1 x
Project of the horse-drawn-hybrid - The project econology
"The search for progress does not exclude the love of tradition"
Did67

by Did67 » 13/05/18, 17:27

Yes, it is an anecic there is in the south. Roughly below Valencia. With us, in the north, they decimated by the last glaciations, and they never regained this lost space. This shows that horizontally, they move very little. A question that had been touched on in the thread on the Lazy Vegetable Garden ...

It is undoubtedly more common with the horse, which "digests" cellulose badly and whose dung is still rich and "herbs" not digested, but softened that the anecic will have no difficulty in dragging into its galleries.

Note: this is an excellent "anti-flood" method!

Under the cow dung, it is mainly the epigés ...
0 x