electric car and transport, wire news

Cars, buses, bicycles, electric airplanes: all electric transportation that exist. Conversion, engines and electric drives for transport ...
Christophe

Re: Electric Cars and transport, wire news

by Christophe » 06/10/17, 19:43

It is because a product does not meet the needs of 100% of consumers that it should not be studied and that there is not a market!

If everyone had your reasoning, bin all the products currently on the market would be clones! : Cheesy:

In short there you go a little in fallacy or trollism if you prefer!
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 06/10/17, 20:16

Christophe wrote:It is because a product does not meet the needs of 100% of consumers that it should not be studied and that there is not a market!

If everyone had your reasoning, bin all the products currently on the market would be clones! : Cheesy:

In short there you go a little in fallacy or trollism if you prefer!

It happens, as I said above, that I really believe in the development of the electric vehicle, in its complementarity with renewable energies, in the role that it can play as a "home battery", or even more. services rendered to the electrical system (vehicle to grid).

So sorry trollism, I see it rather among those who explain that it would be a very good idea to handle each day or each WE of 25kg batteries ... It is just to demonstrate that the thermal vehicle is better?
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 06/10/17, 20:50

Complement, precision: I'm only talking about the individual vehicle.
Of course for industrial uses (forklifts for example) which rotate in certain cases 24/24 or (perhaps but I am not convinced) of the fleets type urban bus, the battery exchange can be a solution. But in these two cases it is or it would be highly automated.
And perhaps also that for this type of case, the characteristic of which is very intensive use, hydrogen is / will be a solution.
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 06/10/17, 21:02

having the possibility of moving the batteries does not mean being obliged to move them every day! ... as long as a conventional recharge is sufficient why move the batteries

having the ability to move the batteries is just an advantage to be able to use them better ... just a little better than batteries immobilized in the vehicle, and unusable if you need them elsewhere

I will once again make the comparison with a famous manufacturer that compressed air car which sold nothing ... if the compressed air energy storage was useful it should have sold generator and emergency power before break your head to make cars

the same for the electric car! you must be able to mount the same battery in several machines ... a single battery for a scooter or a lawn mower, and a larger number for a car

the price of the batteries is an abyss when you want to buy a car ... and a dry loss if the car does not work anymore ... or a loss the other way around when you have an old electric car whose batteries are no longer available

it takes a standardization process so that the investment in batteries is independent of the car
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 06/10/17, 21:30

chatelot16 wrote:having the possibility of moving the batteries does not mean being obliged to move them every day! ... as long as a conventional recharge is sufficient why move the batteries

having the ability to move the batteries is just an advantage to be able to use them better ... just a little better than batteries immobilized in the vehicle, and unusable if you need them elsewhere

I will once again make the comparison with a famous manufacturer that compressed air car which sold nothing ... if the compressed air energy storage was useful it should have sold generator and emergency power before break your head to make cars

the same for the electric car! you must be able to mount the same battery in several machines ... a single battery for a scooter or a lawn mower, and a larger number for a car

the price of the batteries is an abyss when you want to buy a car ... and a dry loss if the car does not work anymore ... or a loss the other way around when you have an old electric car whose batteries are no longer available

it takes a standardization process so that the investment in batteries is independent of the car

I agree with the idea of ​​standardization, but let's face it, it's impossible for the moment because all the manufacturers are pulling the plug. Are you going to ask companies, labs, which really drive performance (see progress over the past 20 years) to fit into a mold? No way. It will come later for "basic" uses. You have to be patient, a standard will emerge the day someone has become a dominant player through their technology. It's not for now in my opinion.
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 06/10/17, 21:40

chatelot16 wrote:having the possibility of moving the batteries does not mean being obliged to move them every day!

It was not me who mentioned the idea of ​​having half of its batteries in the car and the other half recharged during the day by its photovoltaic panels ...... Hence 250kg to handle all evenings (or every morning if you prefer!).
0 x
lilian07
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by lilian07 » 06/10/17, 22:11

The Li-ion battery for the EV is already standardized, the elementary cell evolves appreciably but several vehicles use it because it is the best density which is sought.
Depending on the type of vehicle the pack is different depending on the need and the number of elementary cells that goes with it.
It is found that the battery buffer is very beneficial to the overall energy delivery and production system. Putting a buffer battery in the home, in the charging stations reduces the cost of transporting energy from large centralized energy infrastructures. It allows to use highly renewable energies and reduces the weak point of these In recent years (intermittence), renewable energy has thus become more profitable than any other energy (nuclear, fossil, etc.). We talk about the battery with several thousand cycles which will then be recycled for the home for example ....
Another advantage is that it allows EVs to be recharged with ease without overpowering the network. The buffer battery in an intelligent network makes it possible to alleviate the malfunction of the overall network. Finally, 10% of buffer battery in an electrical network with multiple sources allows significantly reduce the use of costly processes (importing electricity, starting a coal plant, managing dams, etc.) to counter peaks in activity.
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 06/10/17, 22:40

lilian07 wrote:Putting a buffer battery in the home, in the charging stations reduces the cost of transporting energy from large centralized energy infrastructures.

Is that so? Can you explain this statement?
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 06/10/17, 23:42

no car manufacturer will make an element just for him ... the same element is used by all manufacturers, but they mount them in special size packs to be incompatible ... exactly as for computers where there is a multitude of incompatible pack containing however the same element

this is why I say that for the future of the electric car solution, a state must govern and impose something!

without state which governs the constructor do anything

ecology needs efficiency ... the maze is not effective ... the mismatch is wasteful

but finally there is so much other waste for lack of standardization ... printer cartridge ... cell phone battery ... automotive spare part ... that it does not surprise me that there no solution either for electric cars
1 x
lilian07
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by lilian07 » 07/10/17, 14:37

Is that so? Can you explain this statement?

For me it's always the same logic that prevails, production as close as possible to the user, it's service-oriented. Instead of producing a large quantity of energy instantly at a given point by transporting it over a large and fragile air network which costs the producer enormously (20 Twh of loss per joule effect without counting the cost of maintaining conditions) especially during harsh climatic events, it is better to produce at the right need without the need for heavy infrastructure. Today the network cannot really adapt to routing 100ene KWs to areas as disparate as parking lots or car passing places, so let's encourage storage that smooths the flow and avoids peaks that are partly responsible for the wear and fragility of the network, therefore no additional cost on the network.
In addition, large production units are not very reactive (even if you don't believe it here) and difficult to control, especially in winter.
With the assumption that renewable energies are already profitable without subsidy in the face of fossils, they then become more profitable when we add storage whose cost is literally collapsing, why not develop them as close as possible to the reserve.

In summary, we reduce the additional cost on the infrastructure to be created to support large power, we save it by smoothing demand and we reduce losses by joules effect. In addition, the variations on large production units and the dependence on the coal power plant, which would then have to be started during the school holidays, are reduced to cushion the peak demand.

Finally, the EV will make it possible to have a large amount of battery to recycle, so it is a second life for the lithium which is badly recycled today.
It is also the choice of the big EV manufacturer to sell smart Packs for the habitat which will quickly find themselves bringing money to the user. It is estimated that a recycled habitat pack will bring 400 euros / year to an average solar habitat (4 people) which will sell its surplus at the best time while being completely autonomous.

For me the EV and the Lithium battery will revolutionize energy and the means of consuming it. In addition, the rapid development of processors should create a smartgrid selling and storing at best while bringing the VE's ability to be 100% automated and better used.
0 x