Carrot juice: vegetarian diet increases risk of cancer and heart disease

How to stay healthy and prevent risks and consequences on your health and public health. occupational disease, industrial risks (asbestos, air pollution, electromagnetic waves ...), company risk (workplace stress, overuse of drugs ...) and individual (tobacco, alcohol ...).
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: The vegetarian diet increases (would?) The risk of cancer and heart disease

by Obamot » 12/04/16, 14:38

izentrop wrote:There is only excess of offending

Not at all what you said in first intention, was:

- "The important thing is the excess".

I say no, the important thing is not to be deficient (with respect to the title of the thread).
It has nothing to do.

izentrop wrote:
Obamot wrote:"Culture of prevention"
Eat everything without excess and without exclusion.

No, you still want me to say what I did not say, the "Prevention culture" is not that, it is:
1) an attitude of anticipation regarding risks, contained in the word: Prevention
2) for the word "Culture", this is a daily practice,"in everyday life"

Why has the International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC) decided to evaluate red meat and processed meat?
This recommendation was based on epidemiological studies suggesting that small increases in the risk of multiple cancers may be associated with high consumption red meat or processed meat.

Impossible to say, each subject is different. Again, it is the accepted global data that prevails (usually Izentrop takes advantage, ah, well, not in this case?).

And so it is the release of the WHO that is authentic (in this case I admit the correct information after evaluation and experience over tens of years ...)

By the way you want to tell the CIRC what he did not say, you can not read ...? The dangerousness is not only proven but it is not weak. In comparison, here is how to compare the processed VS meat of other carcinogens, since they are in the same group:

Updated IARC List of Carcinogens of the 1 Group who wrote:List of 1 Group Carcinogens (IARC)

Asbestos
Amino-4 biphenyl (Amino-4-diphenyl)
Arsenic and its compounds1
Gallium arsenide
azathioprine
Benzene
benzidine
Benzo [a] pyrene (Benzopyrene)
Beryllium and its compounds2
N, N-Bis (chloro-2 ethyl) naphthylamine-2 (Chlornaphazine)
Bis (chloromethyl) ether and chloromethyl methyl ether (technical grade)
Butadiene-1,3 (Butadiene)
Butanediol-1,4 dimethanesulfonate (Busulphan; Myleran)
Cadmium and its compounds2
chlorambucil
(Chloro-2 ethyl) -1 (methyl-4 cyclohexyl) -3 nitrosourea (Methyl UNFC, Sémustine)
Vinyl chloride
Hexavalent Chromium (CrVI) 2
cyclosporin
Dyes metabolized to benzidine
Nickel compounds
Combined oestroprogestative oral contraceptives3
Sequential oral contraceptives
cyclophosphamide
diethylstilbestrol
erionite
Ethanol in alcoholic beverages
Etoposide in combination with cisplatin and bleomycin
Formaldehyde
Mustard gas (sulfur mustard)
Helicobacter pylori (infection with)
Iodine, short-lived radioactive isotopes, including 131 iodine, atomic reactor accidents and detonations of nuclear weapons (childhood exposure)
melphalan
Methoxy-8 psoralen (Methoxsalen) with ultraviolet A irradiation
Methylenebis (chloraniline) (MOCA)
MOPP (associated treatment with nitrogen mustard, vincristine, procarbazine and prednisone) and other chemotherapies using alkylating agents
Naphtylamine-2 (Β-naphthylamine)
neutrons
N'-Nitrosonornicotine (NNN)
and Nitrosomethylamino-4 (pyridyl-3) -1 butanone-1 (NNK)
Estrogen therapy in menopausal women
Nonsteroidal estrogens1
Steroidal estrogens1
Opisthorchis viverrini (infestation with)
Ethylene oxide
Phosphorus 32, as phosphate
Medicinal plants containing Aristolochia species
Plutonium 239 and its disintegration products (may contain 240 plutonium and other isotopes), aerosol
Radioelements emitting α particles by internal contamination4
Radioelements emitting β particles by internal contamination4
Radium 224 and its disintegration products
Radium 226 and its disintegration products
Radium 228 and its disintegration products
Radon 222 and its disintegration products
X-rays and γ-rays
Schistosoma haematobium (infestation with)
Crystalline silica (inhaled in the form of quartz or cristobalite from a professional source)
Tamoxifen5
2,3,7,8-Tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin (TCDD or Seveso dioxin)
Combined estrogen / progestogen menopausal therapy
thiotepa
Thorium 232 and its disintegration products, administered intravenously in the form of a colloidal dispersion of thorium dioxide 232
ortho-Toluidine
treosulfan
Processed meat
Epstein-Barr virus
Hepatitis B virus (HBV) (chronic infection with)
Hepatitis C virus (HCV) (chronic infection)
Human Immunodeficiency Virus 1 (HIV 1) (infection with)
Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Types 16, 18, 31, 33, 35, 39, 45, 51, 52, 56, 58, 59 and 66
Human T cell leukemia virus, type I (HTLV-I)

I think looking at the Benefit VS Risk of the veggie diet, before getting to such a degree of "dangerousness" ...
it's a long way from the cut to the lips ... (the nugget made by this thread is decidedly hilarious when we look closer)
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 12/04/16, 15:40

Janic wrote:DID hello
Yes. An excess of carrots promotes cirrhosis. Or an excess of carrot juice (kind 3 l per day) ...
An excess of juice probably, not the consumption of carrots themselves, because it requires a significant masticatory effort which limits the consumption, in fact, by mandible fatigue and the effect of saturation. Moreover, it would require exclusive consumption over a relatively long time (monodiète), which is exceptional for the majority of people.

Most people do carrots, it limits the effort!

But yes, in fact, the case that I had heard about 20 years ago is that of an English drink memory 2 or 3 l of juice per day ...

And indeed, it intervened after 10 or 15 years of this regime! But without monodiet. The rest of the meals were "ordinary". It's like alcohol: too much work for the liver ...

I also think that the average person would get bored with "food disgust", by dint of always eating the same thing, day after day.

So it is quite theoretical. Just to say that the abuse of a "good thing" can hold some surprises.

I think it would be the same for an abuse of "red fruits", despite their "anti-oxidant" effect. Because there too, they ask the organization for their "dismantling". Or red cabbage. And probably from someone who would eat large amounts of parsley every day. Or what do I know ...
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 12/04/16, 15:44

A small clarification: red meat and processed red meat are not classified the same. One is "possible", the other "probable".
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 12/04/16, 16:08

Do you eat raw meat? From when is it considered "transformed", that is the question.

Okay, the tartar is classified 2A Group (here we are sure ...) :) and since you insist here is the list of red meat (unprocessed supposedly with less risk) in there are lovely guests, such as ... trichlorethylene, toluene (ouaaaah it's good that toluene ...) :

Updated IARC List of Carcinogens of the 2A Group who wrote:List of 2A Carcinogens (IARC)

Aristolochic acids (natural mixtures)
acrylamide
Adriamycin (Doxorubicin)
azacitidine
Bis-chloroethyl nitrosourea (BCNU)
Vinyl bromide
captafol
Ethyl carbamate (urethane)
chloramphenicol
Procarbazine hydrochloride
(Chloro-2 ethyl) -1 cyclohexyl-3 nitrosourea (UNFC)
4-Chloro-o-toluidine
chlorozotocin
Dimethylcarbamoyl chloride
cisplatin
Clonorchis sinensis (infestation with)
Cyclopenta [cd] pyrene
Diazinon2
Dibenz [a, h] anthracene
Dibenzo [a, l] pyrene (Benzopyrene)
Dibromo-1,2 ethane
Dimethyl-1,2 hydrazine
epichlorohydrin
etoposide
N-Ethyl-N-nitrosourea
Vinyl fluoride
glycidol
Glyphosate2
Kaposi's sarcoma herpesvirus / human herpesvirus No. 8
Malathion2
IQ (Amino-2 methyl-3 imidazo [4,5-f] quinoline)
Methyl methanesulfonate
Methoxy-5 psoralen
N-Methyl-N'-nitro-N-nitrosoguanidine (MNNG)
N-Methyl-N-nitrosourea
Nut mustard
Nitrate or nitrite (ingested) under favorable conditions for endogenous nitrosation
N-Nitrosodiethylamine (DEN)
N-Nitrosodimethylamine (NDMA)
Oxide-7,8 styrene
phenacetin
Tris Phosphate (dibromo-2,3 propyl)
Indium phosphide
Lead, inorganic derivatives of
Ultraviolet radiation A
Ultraviolet B radiation
Ultraviolet radiation C
Androgenic steroids (anabolic)
Diethyl sulphate
Dimethyl sulphate
teniposide
A-Chlorinated Toluenes (Benzotrichloride, Benzal Chloride, Benzyl Chloride) and Benzoyl Chloride (Mixed Exposures)
Tetrachlorethylene (Perchlorethylene, mainly used for dry cleaning)
trichlorethylene
1,2,3 Trichloro propane
Red meats

There is beautiful dirt in this list! (Janic must be bent laughing in his chair?)
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 12/04/16, 17:57

Eat everything without excess and without exclusion.
Under the guise of wisdom, it remains more of an advertising formula for self-justification of consumption than of diet. Of course, excess (but where does the notion of excess begin and compared to what?), Such as drinking large amounts of carrot juice over a long period of time, are to be avoided. But eating everything is like advising a hypochondriac to eat everything (drugs available from pharmacies) to avoid getting sick. Eating everything and eating a variety of foods (which can eliminate some of those "everything") are actually two different things. So a VG actually eats everything (which is not animal) and this can be done without excess. Our increasingly precise knowledge of nutrition has made it possible to classify certain foods according to their real benefits on the body and to advise against others for their intrinsic "toxicity" such as the various alkaloids which overload the hepatic system with no use other than taste or cultural.

There is beautiful dirt in this list! (Janic must be bent laughing in his chair?)
Beautiful is not the term best suited to the circumstance. If not, I'm actually laughing yellow for having realized it some time ago; but not all of them do this because it takes time and reflection (see painful experiences) for the eye to change.
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
Did67

by Did67 » 12/04/16, 18:24

Obamot, it's weird, I thought you liked the details ... More when it comes to one of your posts?

I almost eliminated the red meat from my diet, well before this information made noise, there is about 1 year. I have never eaten raw (or very very exceptionally!).

Now red meat, cooked or raw, is "possible". carcinogenic action is not proven, but suspicions are nonsense.

Sausages and other "cured meats" made from red meat are "probable", precisely because of nitrosation and other phenomena linked to processing. The carcinogenic action is not [yet] proven, but probable.

That's it that's all. What the WHO says. It is a precision compared to higher, where everything was put in the same bag.
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 12/04/16, 18:31

Janic wrote: advise against others for their intrinsic "toxicity" such as various alkaloids which overload the hepatic system with no use other than taste or culture.

Small question, for my personal culture - if it does not "pollute" this thread: what is the position of fungi (fungi) in your diet (it is the alkaloids that remind me of it)?

The latest trends in nomenclature go in the direction of creating a kingdom apart, alongside plants and animals. Not being chlorophyliens but saprophytes (or paraists), they are similar in this aspect to animals. Their structure is made up of chitin, like insects ... So it fits into a VG "diet" ???
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 12/04/16, 18:54

The nutritional value of mushrooms in general, is not great (but those I do not know them and do not want to answer instead of Janic.)

Did67 wrote:Obamot, it's weird, I thought you liked the details ... More when it comes to one of your posts?

Mwouahah, you can tell me everything as long as I know you're consistent in your comments and loyal ^^
At first we sintered a bit on the food and then we realized we were talking about the same things.
So no, that does not bother me. And to tell you the truth, I have nothing against flexitarianism.
But since the WHO had the courage to release this release, it pushes me to revise all my knowledge, so instead the clarification that you ask are welcome. The proof, I pulled the list!

Did67 wrote:I almost eliminated the red meat from my diet, well before this information made noise, there is about 1 year. I have never eaten raw (or very very exceptionally!).

You use the vocabulary you want, but I banished the word "diet" from my vocabulary, because it implies a notion of deprivation, and our organism adapts to that very well, to the point that some subjects make obesity (by giving orders to store fat, but curiously not in everyone ...)

Did67 wrote:Now red meat, cooked or raw, is "possible". carcinogenic action is not proven, but suspicions are nonsense.

Everyone does what he wants, the important thing is to be informed.

Did67 wrote:Sausages and other "cured meats" made from red meat are "probable", precisely because of nitrosation and other phenomena linked to processing. The carcinogenic action is not [yet] proven, but probable.

It's always the same, if you overindulge all the time, then it can go wrong. If, on the contrary, we have a life judged to be healthy, some excess will be "forgiven" (well I presume and that changes from one person to another ...)
But between the risk of eating a lot of plant-based products with the ridiculous little risk of carrot juice, it's been a long time since I made my choice. It is much more difficult to assume at the level of the family ... But this affective notion should not influence us.

Did67 wrote:That's it that's all. What the WHO says. It is a precision compared to higher, where everything was put in the same bag.

What the WHO says is essential, since we live in a very hierarchical world and what an authority says is very followed in the long run!
It's a public health issue (admitting meat not so good for us ...)
Personally I was not surprised by this study, since it tends to confirm the fact that our ancestors were frugivorous.
To end this chapter - it is not just junk food there is "too much food" - thus the WHO kills two birds with one stone: because by giving the salutary impetus for the reduction of consumption of meat, cultivable land freed from its use for animal feed, can then be devoted to human food! And at the same time to be a contribution to solving the problem of hunger in the world.
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 12/04/16, 19:18

Yes, the word "diet" is ambiguous. When I speak of "what I eat", therefore of "my diet", I do not experience it as a deprivation at all, and it has nothing to do with all these "shattering and miraculous methods" ... So by that I mean simply "what I eat".

I am happy because 9 years after my heart attack, I am still alive. I maintain my "correct" weight and still managed to scrape a kilogram or two.

I allow myself one or two - sometimes three - times a month, a "dispensation". For my 60th birthday, I wanted, as a "fantasy" 7 years after my accident, a big prime rib and I got it. There are the "working meals" or "invitations", where I eat what I am served. Afterwards, I know that I must return to the path I have set for myself ...

But with my "lazy vegetable garden", I am lucky to have "more than organic" vegetables, which have a taste that surprises even those who are used to "organic" ... Here, it's all about salads. And I still have cabbages that have passed the winter! Turnips which "melt" in the mouth (me, who hated them!) ... I have a blast intellectually [I always try to put my way of doing things together in a book - but I crack!] And ... tastefully !
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 12/04/16, 19:26

Obamot wrote: with the ridiculous little risk of carrot juice, it's been a long time since I made my choice. It is much more difficult to assume at the level of the family ... But this affective notion should not influence us.

Except to stuff yourself like a patient, there is no real risk! As said, the case cited was 2 or 3 l per day, every day, during 10 or 15 years ...

At "normal" dose, the transformation of carotene (pro-vitamin A) into vitamin A is a natural phenomenon. The liver is made "for".

Moreover, there are carotenoids in orange juice, so at very high dose, it would probably be the same! And with a high dose of grapefruit juice, in the long run I'm not sure it would be very good ...

This still poses the problem for our society, with products available all the time. Where our ancestors necessarily "juggled" with the seasons!

Add to our addiction to fashions, as stupid as they are. The need to reassure oneself To do something. And as there is always a guru of this in ambush, to make money, or simply to heal his ego disproportionate big hit TV shows ...

So, it is not easy to be ... reasonable! I am lucky to have a total and strong allergy against “all religions”.

And the chance to have a family that pushes me. A pretty strict VG girl. A woman "legumivores" by taste.
0 x