EDF counter domestic consumption?

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Internal consumption EDF meter?

by chatelot16 » 07/03/16, 22:03

a usb socket is very sad ... if the meter and far from the house you have to come and connect your computer!

a real CPL would allow you to connect your computer regardless of the distance ... but alas it has a special low link CPL incompatible with the computer CPL

the CPL of the linky would however be very useful for low speed home automation gadgets, but alas there is nothing available at reasonable prices
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 08/03/16, 10:37

Uh who can the most can the least chatelot right?
Now ERDF has most certainly strongly encrypted its CPL history of computer security ...

Otherwise it would be far too easy to break the smart guird, to collapse the network and thus paralyze the whole country! And incidentally to cheat on his invoices as some still do with their disc meters (and they are certainly against the linky for this reason alone ... and there are more than we think!)

The question of the own consumption of the linky is interesting, as said above, it will necessarily consume more than an old disc with zero consumption ... or almost zero because nothing is zero in terms of energy, a meter to disc consumes maybe 1 or 2 W? Or a% of the consumption that goes through the meter (I have never looked into the matter).

So the linky will certainly overconsume and this overconsumption will be billed to whom? I think that ERDF will put this in the "losses" of the network ... but if it does not appear on the customer's invoice, it is inevitably the customers who will pay "in fine" ...
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 08/03/16, 10:48

the consumption of an old electromechanical meter is not zero either, since there is a magnetic circuit still in operation ... it is like any transformer or motor there are losses ... and it's easier to measure: I just have to take an old counter out of my scrap heaps ... (but there is no linky)

given the size of the windings I think it will be 1 or 2 watt at least when empty, and increase with the current flowing but more difficult to measure

it is possible that the new electronic meter does not consume more than the old
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 08/03/16, 11:04

To be discussed yes: maybe it's even better for the Linky because I think, like everything in electro-mechanics and induction system, that the own consumption of a magnetic counter varies according to the measured power, that is to say that it increases with the power ... inevitably more power is needed to make turn a disc faster!

If someone has specific information on the operation of magnetic counters, this interests me!

This is not necessarily the case with a Linky type electronic counter!

This ("false" I put a caveat on false for the moment while waiting to clarify the matter) overconsumption of linky meters will therefore perhaps be classified in the disinformation campaign currently circulating on the web about Linky .. .
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 08/03/16, 11:43

Hello,
No info on the characteristics of the linky. Sagem electronic meters:
consoCounterSagem.png
consoCompteurSagem.png (5.08 KB) Viewed 5995 times

It is not specified if it is taken before or after counter http://www.polier.fr/medias/files/cr13mm11.pdf
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 08/03/16, 12:06

Thank you izentrop ... we can assume that for the linky we are in the same value range (probably a little more because of the management of the CPL ...)

So in the case of Sagem: we have (max) 1W + 15.1VA OR 1W + 17.5VA above 15 A of consumption?

In domestic use, VA can be compared to Watts by taking an average cos phi of 0.8 because there is still quite little reactive consumption in a home! Good or not as an estimate according to you?

We would therefore have a consumption between 1 + 15.1 * 0.8 = 13W and 1 + 17.5 * 0.8 = 15W, therefore 15W max.

Ok for you?

Now we would have to find the same information for a disc counter ...
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 08/03/16, 12:27

Not so much:
<1 w without consumption. Capacitive VA is not taken into account on your private bill.
and for 15A of consumption: 0.1 VA more, which does not mean that the Watt will be reached.

Since 2010, European regulations have finally imposed a reduction in standby power. The linky should not depart from it in principle.
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 08/03/16, 20:51

if the cpl of the linky is well managed it must consume negligible energy ... it should not be confused with the computer cpl which consumes around 5W permanently to respect the high speed protocol and stay connected

I found it objectionable that the client could not easily connect to his counter by cpl, but ultimately it makes sense ... the cpl of the linky is optimized for low speed between counter and EDF ... if the client wants to connect to it it goes through internet and telephone network
0 x
gum arabic
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by gum arabic » 09/03/16, 18:42

Since you are dealing with the case of cos phi, I understand that the linky will take it into account and in our homes it is sure that it is not much, but there are still the motors (washing machine, dishwasher , circulator ...) and fluorescent lamps.
What seems strange to me, and that is why without obsession I wonder, it is the little info or the truncated info delivered by EDF, an example: EDF says that linky will improve the management of the network and the production by communicating instantly and moreover they say linky will only collect data every 30 minutes and send them to the concentrators only once a day at night ... EDF in Tours indicates that the linky will be manufactured in France; while they are made in Tunisia and only the two modules assembled in France by boxes like the Sagem in Dinan, a technique well known for displaying made in France!
0 x
sun_first
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by sun_first » 04/01/17, 01:11

I have always noted the instantaneous consumption of common areas in a condominium where only these meters have been changed to LINKY.
Consumption is in VA (volts-amps now).

When the lights of the common areas come on, the additional "old" and "new" counter values ​​are identical. On lamps, it makes sense.
When the lights are off, I mainly measure VMC and some minimal consumption.

But this time, I have 100 VA more than before (in snapshot).

I'm going to find out where this difference comes from, but I'm wondering ...
0 x