Cheating TDI EA189 pollution Volkswagen (seat, audi ...)

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
Christophe

Cheating TDI EA189 pollution Volkswagen (seat, audi ...)

by Christophe » 23/09/15, 10:49

This is the headline of all the media, especially financial cheating premeditated pollution on the engine of the Volkswagen Group EA189 TDI risk of their expensive price: in cash stock but also in the long term in image (although ...) .

German rigor and deutsch qualität are going to take a hit !!

Although I am sure that in 6 months the average consumer will have forgotten ... and VW will make nice specials to sell its stocks ...

In short this subject is not interested in the controversy but the technique!
What exactly is the method used ??

This is a diesel engine, the only test of diesel pollution is opacity (smoke) and possibly NOx (but it is not yet in the standards for passenger cars ... to check).

So VW would have cheated on what? Just the particles?

Anyone can cheat on particles by tapping their engine well before the test, just to "clean" their pot ... all auto mechanics have known this for 30 years!

In addition, a diesel engine that is not in charge will never really pollute the particles. Pollution tests (at least in Technical Control) are NEVER loaded engine. So they are not worth anything! (or almost because if, for example, injection jokes there necessarily it smokes even without charge)

I read on the web that many neuneus say they have chosen a VW car for its "low" CO2 emissions. You can't cheat on CO2, the more there is the better the combustion and therefore the less the engine pollutes!

In any case, it is not necessarily measured during a technical inspection (it is not considered a pollutant).

Do I greet?

Edit: this concerns the Nox and a water injection could have solved the concerns most certainly without cheating.

Info here: https://www.econologie.com/forums/combustion ... t5794.html

Last edited by Christophe the 23 / 09 / 15, 12: 52, 1 edited once.
0 x
Gaston
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gaston » 23/09/15, 10:58

The Argus wrote :Nox's emission control system, when activated, degraded car performance: the engine tended to heat up, wear out faster, and fuel consumption was higher. And the couple of the vehicle was sometimes also affected. It was unthinkable for a builder who wants to build an image of comfort, quality and sportsmanship, while being sensitive to the protection of the environment.

So cheating would simply have consisted of disabling the system outside the tests.
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 23/09/15, 11:08

No no, it is NOx emissions. More severely regulated in the US than in Europe.

Everything is from the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). The latter accuses Volkswagen of having parameterized some diesel vehicles marketed in the United States between 2009 and 2015 - essentially models of Golf, Jetta and Beetle, Passat and Audi A3 - so that they camouflage their real emissions of nitrogen oxides, a family of atmospheric pollutant.
Learn more about http://www.lemonde.fr/pixels/article/20 ... qpdDf4O.99

And the software detected quite simply that the vehicle was subjected to a test, then reduced the performances (it is enough to unregulate so that the combustion is colder), which decreases the emissions ... (I followed tests remote control of our Schnell cogeneration group, and the engine-engineer from Bavaria, were able to modify certain emission values ​​in the order of 1 to 10, at the cost of a loss of efficiency from 2 to 3%)

This engine calculator was designed to trigger a mode of operation specific to the tests of the US administration, which had no chance to trigger during normal use. The rest of the time, the EPA finally explains, this test-specific mode was disabled " reducing the effectiveness of emission control devices [nitrogen oxides] ". Which explains why, under real-world conditions, some Emission Volkswagen vehicles, according to the EPA, 10 to 40 times nitrogen oxides than allowed under US law.

How? :

According to the EPA, the engine ECU of the offending vehicles "detected when the vehicle was subject to EPA compliance testing", taking into account, in particular, the position of the steering wheel, the speed of the vehicle, the duration of use of the engine and the atmospheric pressure. This allowed him to "accurately detect the test parameters of the federal authorities",
0 x
Gaston
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gaston » 23/09/15, 11:17

Le Monde wrote :The rest of the time, the EPA finally explains, this test-specific mode was turned off "reducing the efficiency of [nitrogen oxides] emission control devices."
It confirms the Argus article.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 23/09/15, 12:30

Ok if we go on NOx! I did not know that Nox was controlled for light vehicles! (In Belgium it is not ... In France I do not believe at least in the CT .... in terms of certification test is something else!)

A diesel engine, not loaded (therefore in excess of air) will be in a favorable enough condition to create Nox from XNUMxère acceleration (even without load). This is the conditions of anti pollution tests CT ...

A manufacturer homologation test must certainly be supported ... but in this case why fraud concerns 11 million vehicles? It was enough to defraud the copies submitted for approval!

A bit stupid to have installed the "virus" on the assembly lines!

And to say that an injection of water could, perhaps, solve this ... WITHOUT CHECK!

ps: please try to relay this info everywhere on your social networks, mailing, comments on other sites ... with a link that goes well towards econology! It may be the publicized event that can make known the injection of water!
Last edited by Christophe the 28 / 09 / 15, 12: 54, 2 edited once.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 23/09/15, 12:35

0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 23/09/15, 12:59

I relayed on twitter and facebook:

https://twitter.com/Econologie/status/6 ... 9329293312

https://www.facebook.com/econologie?ref=hl

Thank you for relaying ... a like, a forward ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 23/09/15, 13:11

Should mediate this.

Can someone contact French TVs or radios?
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 23/09/15, 14:24

AE engine 189 kesako ....

In 2.0TDI we find the following engine codes: BMA, BMP / F, CBAA, CBDC, BVE .....

AE 189 must be the code of the injection computer .... It is a detail compared to the cheating but always is it that the average dwarf does not see if we speak of a motor or a calculator injection ....

When the neuneus (which I belong) who say they bought 2.0TDI engines for their low rate of emission ... My C. We do not choose a car that makes 140 has 170 cv to save the polar bears .. .Perso what motivated me to buy it is the ratio power / consumption (and especially the price sold off that my brother did for a car in super condition of which I knew the history even if it was strongly kilometer) to 310 000km it makes the 5.4 / 100 on highway has 140 regulator, and accelerre like a missile ....

Regarding the TB pollution test : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: Vacuum without rotation of the wheels ... It does not rise to more than 2000rpm ... But we do not care because even scratching the outlet of the pot with a white chifon..At well it remains white .. So at the opacity level ... The test is useless on these vehicles ... After you say what she rejects ... But as much what I care is what she swallows and what it restores in return ...
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
Christophe

by Christophe » 23/09/15, 14:38

EA189 is a type of VW engine: https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Affaire_Volkswagen

AE189 ca I do not know : Cheesy:

Yes for your opacity test comment ... But obviously the Ricans, the largest energy consumer in the world, are very much on the NOx, much more than us ...

Obviously in my opinion, there is also (above all?) A competitive and protectionist dimension there. Let me explain :

a) a gasoline (not inflated) releases very little NOx
b) Historically in the US, gasoline engines dominate the market (even for trucks!)
c) The Americans do not really know how to make modern high performance diesel (except Ford)
d) the rules on the most significant diesel pollutant are therefore tightened to prevent Europeans from conquering the market

I think everything is said no?
0 x

Back to "New transport: innovations, engines, pollution, technologies, policies, organization ..."