Troubleshooting dishwasher (self-timer)

And if they were repairing rather than throwing and change? Rediscover the pleasure of the repairs yourself. How to diagnose a problem or find spare parts? Repair itself is way to save money generally!
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Troubleshooting dishwasher (self-timer)

by Macro » 08/07/15, 08:54

I just repaired a De Dietrich dishwasher which after 15 years of service in a family of 2 (retirees) no longer wanted to start ...

Here is the faulty piece ...

The start-up delay provided to start the device later in off-peak hours.

The device consumes on a normal cycle (consumption measured on an electronic energy meter) purchased second-hand 1.050KWh ....

the new spare part costs 55 €
the HP / HC EDF price difference is 0.05 € per Kwh ...
It therefore takes 55 / 0.05 or 1100 cycles before making the purchase of the spare part profitable ...
A dishwasher works (for a family of 4 people) on average 220 times a year. It therefore takes 5 years to amortize the price of such a part ... On a dishwasher that is already 15 years old the calculation has been very quickly: 2 dominoes and basta ...
The fact that this dishwasher is built-in (taken under the worktop) only makes it difficult to set up a programmer (because of the time change it should be brought out twice a year) ...

I do not know the price difference between the model without and the model with retarder to new but in any case it requires thinking about the purchase ...
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
Gaston
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: dishwasher repair (start delay)

by Gaston » 08/07/15, 10:13

Macro wrote:The fact that this dishwasher is built-in (taken under the worktop) only makes it difficult to set up a programmer (because of the time change it should be brought out twice a year) ...
Uh ...

We don't need it to start right on time.
Just set it to 1 a.m. and it works all year round : Idea:

Otherwise, agree with you for the repair : Mrgreen:
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 08/07/15, 10:23

Gaston wrote:Uh ...

We don't need it to start right on time.
Just set it to 1 a.m. and it works all year round : Idea:

It prevents doing the dishes with Sunday afternoon after the meal with the tribe ... This is the only problem ...
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
Gaston
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gaston » 08/07/15, 11:33

Macro wrote:It prevents doing the dishes with Sunday afternoon after the meal with the tribe ... This is the only problem ...
Yes.

A setting "Off from 20 p.m. to midnight" can cover the majority of cases, but there will always be exceptions ...

Otherwise, there are clocks to put in the electrical panel to control the outlet (that's what I did in a previous home), but we fall back on the question of profitability :|
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 08/07/15, 11:50

well yes, your clock it costs at least 40 euros (wholesale price) and still there must be a circuit "just for the LV"
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
OlivierD
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Re: Dishwasher troubleshooting (start delay)

by OlivierD » 22/10/16, 18:50

Hello
The circuit only for the LV is compulsory in the C15-100 ...
By the way what troubleshooting did you do for your dishwasher? only chunter the timer ?, I do not call that a troubleshooting, but a palliative ...
If you fix the timer, it will be a troubleshooting ...

olive
0 x
700W of PV in autoconso with tignous router ...
Permaculture cannot be improvised in 15 days, let's listen to Arthur Keller, and let's not forget to vote for the program that best defends our interests!