Le Potager du Sloth: Gardening without fatigue more than Bio

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Carl
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Re: The Kitchen Garden Sloth: Gardening without fatigue more than Bio

by Carl » 13/03/18, 22:15

Besides, I just found a new video of "Jardiner au naturel" (
) or he makes a furrow in the hay with a saw to sow peas and or he refers to Didier, using an anti-slug or he emits the idea that Didier would authorize this type of product ..... to the 19th minute
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (489.71 Kio) Accessed 2284 times

Having watched your Youtube videos, I don't remember that you said that .... When is it?
1 x
Adept of laziness and sensitive to the quality of what my family consumes, I wish to make a vegetable garden of the lazy!
olivier75
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by olivier75 » 13/03/18, 22:40

carl,

We discussed it on the forum, and the fact that it is also assimilable iron, and therefore a very small fertilizer.
I haven't seen the whole video, but I find that,
The quantity put is far too large,
It is better to put it a few days before especially for seeds which can be eaten before germinating,
it is also better to distribute outside the line, the product being appetizing, it attracts slugs, so it is better to move them away a little, or at least not to attract them too much.
Olivier.
3 x
guibnd
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by guibnd » 13/03/18, 23:20

Carl wrote:I think that the origin of the technique of multiplying the number of seeds comes from this video:

I adooooore the guy who puts 1kg of wrinkled pea seeds in a 5m long furrow! : Mrgreen:
this is what I do when my seeds are expired!
I watch the 2nd film / the harvest tomorrow ....
1 x
Twandering with clayey and fertile wheat, full of water in winter, cold in spring, crushed and cracked in summer,
but that was before the Didite ...
Did67

by Did67 » 13/03/18, 23:36

1) I confirm that I have no reservations against Ferramol (or generics), an iron phosphate product.

In what is "organically authorized" by virtue of dogma (it's natural), I distinguish what is clearly or predominantly harmful (natural or not, I don't care), and what is not. little or no ...

a) Pests:

- copper sulphate (Cu is toxic for many organisms, has negative effects on worms, and remains in the soil for a long time, like other metals - Nickel, Cadmium, etc.)

- certain broad spectrum insecticides (in particular pyrethrums or derivatives); action against amphibians ...

They are excluded.

b) Little or little harmful:

- Ferramol (iron phosphate); both iron and phosphate are elements present in quantity in the soil, which plants use as nutrients ...

- Micronized sulfur: S has an antifungal action, especially against powdery mildew; it oxidizes very quickly, almost instantly (remember matches in S) and then goes back into the air; it is also an element that plants need; as a rule, our soils lack S; some crops are demanding (in particular the former crucifers, now Brassicaceae).

- auxiliaries such as Bacillus thuringiensis (Bt - anti-caterpillars and larvae), certain nematodes (Ph and some others); preferably those from our soils or regions (because exogenous sometimes have very negative effects by occupying the niches of our organisms - see Chinese Ladybug) ...

The a) I do not use. The b) I can use (even if I have not yet opened a box of S that is 5 years old or a box of Bt; it's just lazy and time to react, the problem was either solved - tracks on my cabbages, no doubt thanks to the hornets and / or chickadees - or desperate - cucurbits in the fall, once it condenses every night.

Finally, I am sad to see that I use "dogma": it uses because I said it! This is the exact attitude I hate. That of sheep! Tell me: "Didier explained such and such a thing (see above), so I have decided whether or not to ... "That's the point of explaining. I just have to give orders then!
3 x
Did67

by Did67 » 13/03/18, 23:37

Guibnd wrote:
I adooooore the guy who puts 1kg of wrinkled pea seeds in a 5m long furrow!

I admit that I would abstain from making videos, with the idea of ​​explaining something!
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 13/03/18, 23:39

olivier75 wrote:
it is also better to distribute outside the line, the product being appetizing, it attracts slugs, so it is better to move them away a little, or at least not to attract them too much.

Absolutely !

a) put a good week before - if there are slugs, since they have nothing to eat, they will throw themselves on the Ferramol (but not all, a priori, according to my observations - I have doubts in any case).

b) and above all, of course, not on the line specifically, but over the entire surface.
2 x
Did67

by Did67 » 13/03/18, 23:41

Guibnd wrote:Yes it is ! let's see Didier! to eat them ... laziness obliges : Mrgreen:

Yes, well seen: because the raspberry tree hides its raspberries well so that we can see them very badly "from the top", but very well from below!
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 13/03/18, 23:48

Carl wrote:
Should not we impose a period in FEBRUARY or MARCH? or we remove all the remaining hay to let the earth dry and warm up ???
Or is it inconceivable for a gardener not to do anything for a month? (Yeah, I'm teasing!) : Lol:

It is an option!

I took no option, with on one side the greenhouse for a few "early vegetables", the time to wait.

And the rest, at its simplest, when it has warmed up.
1 x
Did67

by Did67 » 13/03/18, 23:50

Carl wrote:
I think that the origin of the technique of multiplying the number of seeds comes from this video:

I've never seen that !

I sow in a row (in fact I poke them in the soil), spreading the seeds about 2 to 3 fingers apart.

I still don't feel that the density of peas and seeds at the start is the same - I'm not sure the seeds at this density all germinate?
0 x
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 14/03/18, 08:04

Hello
I saw that
0 x
"Those with the biggest ears are not the ones who hear the best"
(of me)