Le Potager du Sloth: Gardening without fatigue more than Bio

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: The Kitchen Garden Sloth: Gardening without fatigue more than Bio

by Moindreffor » 16/01/18, 20:15

Did67 wrote:Oh yes okay. It's also true. A fortiori. I was very, very down to earth: in the ground, for now. And since the word "land" has a double meaning ...

had to pay attention to the capital letter : Mrgreen: Earth the planet, earth the ground, Man the human race, man half the woman : Mrgreen:
it's all stupid, like what, so few things can make such a big difference
0 x
"Those with the biggest ears are not the ones who hear the best"
(of me)
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 16/01/18, 20:35

Did67 wrote:The word "green manure" is therefore clumsy, compared to all the expected effects. For me, the key is c) and a)!
That's why I changed my tactics a bit. I only partially unrolled my hay last week. Promoting as much as possible, until the soil freezes, the "plants" - those that remain, those that want to grow well on their own (or those that I sow if I am not given a choice, the EVs!). The rest will be done when the weather is nice again.

again, a problem of vocabulary, as the French language is very rich to write beautiful novels, but does not adapt to popular science, it will be better understood that 95% of the scientific literature is in English

I think that next year I will sow an "EV", using an acronym we do a little pirouette : Mrgreen: because this year, my floor was too bare for me, I put the fake BRF, a bit of the last mowing of lawns, but it lacked life, unless covered with a max of winter salads, it do not do it,
Phenoculture is cultivating in living soil, and the fact of not having plant life in this soil does not satisfy me, it is often said that we must look at things in their entirety and therefore without plants can we talk about whole?
in nature there is no bare ground, so its existence can only be artificial, so counterproductive
0 x
(of me)
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 16/01/18, 21:11

Moindreffor wrote:I think that next year I will sow an "EV",

I have nothing against green manures and I understand the interest, but once again I do not really understand where and especially when to sow green manures (so that they have a chance to grow) on a small area if you want to grow a little intensively.

For me it is interesting for relatively large areas where actually boards will release in late August / early September without the need to reuse.
0 x
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 16/01/18, 21:29

sicetaitsimple wrote:
Moindreffor wrote:I think that next year I will sow an "EV",

I have nothing against green manures and I understand the interest, but once again I do not really understand where and especially when to sow green manures (so that they have a chance to grow) on a small area if you want to grow a little intensively.

For me it is interesting for relatively large areas where actually boards will release in late August / early September without the need to reuse.

Well, at the end of the season, there is little more than winter salads, maybe leek, a little turnips and carrots, even if the EV will not develop excessively it should cover the plot, I prefer it's nothing at all

after what remains at home at the end of the season? it may give me ideas : Mrgreen:
0 x
(of me)
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 16/01/18, 21:49

Moindreffor wrote:Well, at the end of the season, there is little more than winter salads, maybe leek, a little turnips and carrots, even if the EV will not develop excessively it should cover the plot, I prefer it's nothing at all

after what remains at home at the end of the season? it may give me ideas : Mrgreen:

The end of the season is for me the beginning of the frosts, it is certainly certainly earlier at home than at home.

But after the frosts start, I do not really see how a green manure will develop. In short I prefer at least for now cover (leaves, hay) as the boards are released.
0 x
Julienmos
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Julienmos » 16/01/18, 22:04

sicetaitsimple wrote: I have nothing against green manures and I understand the interest, but once again I do not really understand where and especially when to sow green manures (so that they have a chance to grow) on a small area if you want to grow a little intensively.

I do not have a large area either (about 70 to 80 m²).

What I have left in the vegetable garden at the end of the season is: escarole, chicory (savage and sugar loaf), lamb's lettuce, Milan sprouts, kale cabbage, leeks, celery.

The EV, I sow them on potato plots, as soon as they are harvested. : Lol:
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 16/01/18, 22:20

Julienmos wrote:
The EV, I sow them on potato plots, as soon as they are harvested. : Lol:

Yes, I understand.

In my case, I just watched, the potatoes this year I planted in 3 once, very tight, on a dozen m2 in all I think. 5 / 03, 12 / 03 and 19 / 03. And I harvested them between the 8 / 07 and the 22 / 07, so much soon enough to redo a second crop (leeks, beans, salads, celeris-branches, ...).
0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 17/01/18, 00:58

Did67 wrote:I did not understand why he made hills ?? (this will come perhaps?)

I believe, unless I am mistaken, that it is mainly a question of significant soil moisture: a lot of sources on its domain
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 17/01/18, 10:25

Maybe that's it? In which case, I agree ... [I have already mentioned the hydromorphy as a situation in which making mounds is reasonable].

But at the same time where he has dug to show his soil, there is no sign of hydromorphy, even in the bottom of the hole! And he's watering his tomatoes. If there was some hydromorphy, they would fend for themselves.

So I do not want to decide, remain dubious, and fear that this is only mimicry (follow the fashion) ...
1 x
Did67

by Did67 » 17/01/18, 10:30

sicetaitsimple wrote:

In what I have described, I think I underlined the importance of having "plants" (be they EVs, vegetables, weeds), to capture nitrates and retain them, to nourish soil life. , to protect it against degradation, to improve it via the root system ...

So the vegetables play the role of EV perfectly !!! I can guarantee you that under my leeks, the ground is badly "aggradated" (as long as you leave a little chickweed or other coverings between, because the foliage of the leeks is a little light as "protection") ... You eat what you need and the rest will have been an EV ...

And I think a number of vegetables are perfect for playing the role of EV !!! Winter radish. Celery branches. Kale sprouts, etc.

To your lists!

I remember that we must free ourselves from the "classifications" that man likes to do. Every plant is a chlorophyll autotroph and therefore a potential "EV"! Including our vegetables !!!
1 x