Le Potager du Sloth: Gardening without fatigue more than Bio

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: The Kitchen Garden Sloth: Gardening without fatigue more than Bio

by sicetaitsimple » 15/01/18, 14:10

Did67 wrote:I don't think the solution is the police... ]

Quite honestly, me neither, it was an expression!

And very honestly too, I was not thinking first of all of the loss of biomass, but of the nuisance and pollution caused.

But I know very well that unless you are already very angry with your neighbor you are not going to file a complaint for that, and that the Mayor of a small village will tend to turn a blind eye even if the prefectural decree s imposes on him and that he himself has in certain cases specified it in a municipal decree.

So yes, you have to educate and convince, but in some cases (I think of "my neighbour" whom I sometimes talk about), it's just lost in advance....You have to bet on young people.
1 x
Did67

by Did67 » 15/01/18, 14:22

Yes, sometimes it's a waste of time.

And sometimes, you have to allow time... Ideas have a speed - which varies according to the individual. My neighbor throws me his dead leaves over the fence... And he picks a lettuce or a tomato on occasion... While he was seriously smoky in the neighborhood a few years ago!
2 x
Did67

by Did67 » 15/01/18, 14:34

Strange, these "naked mole-rats"! I watched this report on Arte almost by chance!

http://www.lemonde.fr/televisions-radio ... 55027.html

[Well, in some ways, they remind me of my mole rats, which I hope don't have the same longevity]
1 x
Cigalyves83
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Cigalyves83 » 15/01/18, 15:06

Coming back to Ruth Stout,
It reassures me that a method used empirically years ago by a lady on another continent is validated and explained by an agricultural engineer on our territory.
This can be useful to convince the unbelievers who want to wait to see what it will give : Oops:
For the cotton cake, it seems to me that it was not systematic, (a coquetry to impress visitors : Wink: )
0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 15/01/18, 15:07

Did67 wrote:I don't think the solution is the police ... I wish people understood! If I were younger, more enterprising, less "tired, worn out ...", I would install one or two ha of "phenoculture" and I would distribute leaflets "do not burn your biomasses, they are precious to me!" [even organize a collection (people are so reluctant to put in any effort - for that; to do zygomars elsewhere, that there are!)]

What a waste... Image
0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 15/01/18, 15:10

Did67 wrote:Yes, sometimes it's a waste of time.

And sometimes, you have to allow time... Ideas have a speed - which varies according to the individual. My neighbor throws me his dead leaves over the fence... And he picks a lettuce or a tomato on occasion... While he was seriously smoky in the neighborhood a few years ago!

Same here we found lots of clippings and other on the other side of the fence Image
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 15/01/18, 15:32

nico239 wrote:Same here we found lots of clippings and other on the other side of the fence Image

You should be happy!
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 15/01/18, 16:19

Fungi and phosphorus

I am happy to find in a serious pen, things that I expressed in a similar form - before finding this pdf!

http://www.limousin.synagri.com/ca1/PJ. ... penElement

[Others preferring to burn woody substances !!!]
2 x
phil12
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by phil12 » 15/01/18, 17:52

Hello everyone,

There is a You Tube version of Phosphorus by Hervé Coves (and other videos he's a storyteller).
0 x
Sustainable energy consulting for construction
http://www.philippeservices.net/
Did67

by Did67 » 15/01/18, 17:57

Moon calendar

We talked about it above.

Random research on the net, I came across this exchange (Gerbeaud site / part forum). These are excerpts (I only included what concerns the lunar calendars):

My problem is the following: whatever radish I sow (round, elongated, red, white, etc.), I only get leaves. The stem, which should turn into a radish, does not bulge. I specify that: 1. this problem occurs with each sowing, whether it is done in the ground (100% clay, here), in potting soil, outdoors or in my greenhouse 2. my seeds are fresh 3. I have had this problem for several years.
Placed in Vegetable seedlings
answers:

Have you thought about sowing according to the lunar calendar? 2) do you respect the seeding depths? 3) Is the heat sufficient? 4) Are your seedlings watered enough? 5) do you bring fertilizer? 6) do you practice crop rotation? Try to sow today in well-prepared soil, and keep the soil moist throughout cultivation.
shrimp - 30/05/2013

Here are my answers to the questions you ask me: 1. I scrupulously respect the lunar calendar which is published on "Jardin-magique.fr" 2. my seeds are barely inserted in the ground, then very slightly covered 3. the heat is the one we are currently experiencing in Belgium 4. given the gloomy weather we are experiencing, the radishes are sufficiently watered!! 5. I use a dried organic fertilizer in the form of granules & marketed by the firm Bakker, which advertises on your site 6. each seed is sown individually & is within ± 3cm of its neighbor 7. I practice rotation & I take care to respect the good neighborliness of plants & vegetables. I hope these details will help you to better define my problem which remains intact to this day. Please get back to me
siske - 30/05/2013

Good evening, unfortunately I cannot help you, but I have been meeting exactly the m^m troubles for a long time. I had almost obtained a result after having respected the lunar calendar well by starting training, then nothing but leaves.

In general, people easily shout "victory" when they think a practice is working. But testimonies of failures are much much rarer...
1 x