Le Potager du Sloth: Gardening without fatigue more than Bio

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
paysan.bio
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

Re: The Kitchen Garden Sloth: Gardening without fatigue more than Bio

by paysan.bio » 18/11/17, 19:18

MTPOD S2
0 x
Den54
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Den54 » 18/11/17, 19:52

Kna wrote:
Julienmos wrote:to complete my stupid questions (see previous page) : Lol:

I like your stupid questions, it often avoid me ask them myself : Mrgreen:

Regarding compost, I always read that it is an amendment, but I confess I do not understand very well the difference between amendment and fertilizer ... : Oops:

Unless I'm mistaken, in the strict sense, an amendment will not nourish the soil, it will only modify the physical and / or chemical structure to make it more suitable for cultivation. A fertilizer will give it "food" for the plants. But as Didier says, most often nothing is all white, nothing is all black. Compost, for example, has a mixed role and improves the structure and fertility of the soil.

See https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amendement_(agriculture)

For you it's old, I discover and I love :)
0 x
Den54
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Den54 » 18/11/17, 20:46

Paysan.bio wrote:I wanted to share with you my favorite moment.
this is the short program "my land for tomorrow" that can be seen on france 0
on YouTube it's called MPTOD S2

I do not know how to put the links with my tablet.
maybe someone can help me do it.

there is an episode about learning for permaculture mounds schoolchildren to guard against the devastating effects of chlordecone that I found very moving

is not it that crap that will poison Martinique for hundreds or more years? I went once and before, I did not know.In relation I believe with the banana cartel, their leaders well protected and dubbed by the power in place.Lamentable ...
I will go see this report.
I unfortunately can not help for the tablet : Cry:
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 18/11/17, 21:10

phil12 wrote:
Alkaline residues from burning wood, wood ash is rich in potash. They consist of 25 50% lime, 13% potash and soda 9% total oxides such as magnesium oxide (magnesia), iron oxide, manganese oxide. In addition, other substances are present but in low doses such as sulfur, chlorine, iron and sodium.

On the ashes:

1) It is the return to the earth of the minerals that the tree had stored in the wood. Well, it stores little. Wood is mainly an accumulation of lignin, so hydrocarbon fibers (so what the tree draws CO² from the air).

2) And indeed, rich in "lime", which is only correct when the ashes are dry; in the soil, it becomes Ca ++ ions. Which are very well retained and little subject to leaching ...

The ashes are therefore a "calcium amendment". It is above all that.

The problem is to know if the soil is not already alkaline, that is to say not already too rich in calcium. If this is the case, the excessive rise in pH can cause some problems, including insolubilization of some other minerals: iron, ...

Conversely, if it is too acidic (below 6) it can be very useful.

3) Potassium is an ion held back in the soil ... There, no risk. This is the main interest of ashes as fertilizer. Preferably on greedy plants, such as potatoes.

Ashes are therefore also a good enough potash fertilizer.

4) The "soda" (in fact, sodium ion in solution of the soil) is rather harmful but leaches quite easily ...

5) The other elements are retained. And useful at low doses.
2 x
Did67

by Did67 » 18/11/17, 21:19

Moindreffor wrote:calcium is a mineral salt : Mrgreen:

Go, to maintain the general level of this thread, let's be precise again.

A salt is a solid resulting from the association, ordered regularly, of positive ions and negative ions. "Kitchen salt" is sodium chloride. Slaked lime is a calcium hydroxide. Etc ...

The salts are more or less soluble in water. During the dissolution, the ions become free in the solution ... where they walk independently of each other, while neutralizing themselves electrically.

So the calcium in the soil solution is the calcium ion (Ca ++).

In short, we had CaO quicklime at the start, which in contact with water becomes lime or calcium hydroxide, which ends in free Ca ++ ions and free OH- ions ...
1 x
Did67

by Did67 » 18/11/17, 21:23

I forgot: in all cases, the ashes (apart from any pieces of charcoal that might mix with it) are very concentrated in minerals. So it has nothing to do with amendments or fertilizers, which are "diluted" ...

So be limited to one or two handles per m². No more.
1 x
paysan.bio
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by paysan.bio » 18/11/17, 21:23

Den54 wrote:
Paysan.bio wrote:
there is an episode about learning for permaculture mounds schoolchildren to guard against the devastating effects of chlordecone that I found very moving

is not it that crap that will poison Martinique for hundreds or more years? I went once and before, I did not know.In relation I believe with the banana cartel, their leaders well protected and dubbed by the power in place.Lamentable ...
I will go see this report.
I unfortunately can not help for the tablet : Cry:

many people knew. I knew and could not do anything.
derogations fell every year under every government.
at the ministry, the counselors answered me on the phone that they could do nothing about it.

there is a nice analogy with the round-up.
we have known for a long time that it is toxic.
there were peasant villages sprayed by plane where all the children are sick.
at the same time, there were spotlights on the TV with the dog burying his bone in healthy soil free of these weed crap without any risk because the product was biodegradable.

There is a total organic weedkiller but its inventor can not get it approved. Hulot who does the beauty does not seem ready to give him a hand.
and we see on TV organic producers asking for the extension of the homologation of the round-up.

weak system
2 x
phil12
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by phil12 » 18/11/17, 21:26

Good evening Did,

Thank you, I just edited because you answered all my questions, as long as you are there since you have answer to all you know the number of the lotto of next week : Lol:
1 x
Sustainable energy consulting for construction
http://www.philippeservices.net/
Did67

by Did67 » 18/11/17, 21:32

Oup, oup ...

Clay soil does not say whether it is acidic or not ... Simply, clay soil has a high "buffering capacity" (it is resistant to variations in pH that we want to subject it to).

Most plants like a slightly acidic pH - it's usually 6,5 to 7. In fact, a lot of plants don't care. But the pH will affect almost everything in the soil: activity of bacteria, fungi, solubility of almost all elements useful to plants. As soon as we deviate from this "ideal" range, trouble can arise. Such or such useful elements become insoluble (iron, for example). Or, conversely, this or that element becomes toxic (aluminum) ...

That's the real reason why we recommend a range between 6 and 7.
2 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 18/11/17, 22:26

Paysan.bio wrote:For hay, we speak in tons
100 euros per ton is a good price.

especially this year when, because of the drought, there was very little renewal (second and third cut)

at my place we are at 120 euros per ton for a hay of good quality that has not been wet after the cut.

for info, the hay of the plain Crau (delta of the Rhone) is 200 euros the ton made (on the spot)

When they want to sell it .... because some wait for prices to rise over the winter ....
1 x