Le Potager du Sloth: Gardening without fatigue more than Bio

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: The Kitchen Garden Sloth: Gardening without fatigue more than Bio

by Moindreffor » 18/11/17, 18:13

phil12 wrote:Good evening Geek gardening,

I have a wood heating (oak)

I think to store in the shelter of the rain (garbage cans) my ashes to amend in the spring;

Putting ashes on the mulch is it a good thing?

it's full of mineral salts, but it's going to alkalize the earth, if it tends to be too acidic that's fine, but to use with a spoon rather than the ladle

but I think that like any contribution of this type it will tend to be leached, so to put in several small times, rather than a big one
0 x
"Those with the biggest ears are not the ones who hear the best"
(of me)
paysan.bio
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by paysan.bio » 18/11/17, 18:18

That's right.

I have neighbors who have a garden to rent all grills.
we do not find it beautiful.
so they put strongx all the way.
before they were stealing vegetables in the garden.
now the "borrowers" are content with the beans that lead out onto a path.
everybody is happy
0 x
paysan.bio
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by paysan.bio » 18/11/17, 18:23

Moindreffor wrote:but I think that like any contribution of this type it will tend to be leached, so to put in several small times, rather than a big one

I think that with the hay, there is not too much leaching but to put it gradually avoids bothering to store it.
0 x
phil12
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by phil12 » 18/11/17, 18:28

Paysan.bio wrote:
Moindreffor wrote:but to put it in step avoids to bother to store it.

It is necessary to put the ashes in the spring to effectively avoid the leaching and thus to use it at the right moment from where the storage.

Okay ok then on the mulch.

For info:
Alkaline residues from burning wood, wood ash is rich in potash. They consist of 25 50% lime, 13% potash and soda 9% total oxides such as magnesium oxide (magnesia), iron oxide, manganese oxide. In addition, other substances are present but in low doses such as sulfur, chlorine, iron and sodium.
0 x
Sustainable energy consulting for construction
http://www.philippeservices.net/
Den54
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Den54 » 18/11/17, 18:40

Mixieer56 wrote:
Den54 wrote:NB: and to make salivating - connoisseurs- 8) , this afternoon on the menu: hotpot of green cabbage from the garden, with PDT of the garden, pork chops (ripchen ^^) pork cheek, and beef tail (not garden) Miammi : Cheesy:
Chuss.

Thank you Den for the gourmet menu, I am a follower of the oxtail, as the cheek, the chopper in fine slice grilled, the tab, the shaft, .......... on the other hand the ripchen ???

Hihi Mixieer ^^ in fact, rippchen and not ripchen, is the term used in Germanic Mosellan dialect, we also say "platt" or "francique mosellan, to speak of the pork cotis (I had put it in brackets) or through pork for the US Let's not forget that Alsace, and the Moselle (department of Lorraine) were annexed twice by our German friends if I remember correctly. And I am Mosellan by origin, with remains from platt.
I prefer the pigtail, but I did not have it at hand (I'm going back tonight) : Cheesy:

@ above, for the ash, I also put it "with a spoon" I think I have a rather acidic soil (ferns present, nettles), and if I am not mistaken, it is not the "full of salts minerals "which is involved, but especially calcium, right?
Byyye
1 x
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 18/11/17, 18:41

Paysan.bio wrote:
Moindreffor wrote:but I think that like any contribution of this type it will tend to be leached, so to put in several small times, rather than a big one

I think that with the hay, there is not too much leaching but to put it gradually avoids bothering to store it.

I thought more of an accumulation in the soil, rather than a leaching, it should not have too much tendency to make the alkaline soil in the duration

I will put on the hay, the rain will make them come down in contact with the ground
0 x
(of me)
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 18/11/17, 18:43

Den54 wrote:
Mixieer56 wrote:
Den54 wrote:NB: and to make salivating - connoisseurs- 8) , this afternoon on the menu: hotpot of green cabbage from the garden, with PDT of the garden, pork chops (ripchen ^^) pork cheek, and beef tail (not garden) Miammi : Cheesy:
Chuss.

Thank you Den for the gourmet menu, I am a follower of the oxtail, as the cheek, the chopper in fine slice grilled, the tab, the shaft, .......... on the other hand the ripchen ???

Hihi Mixieer ^^ in fact, rippchen and not ripchen, is the term used in Germanic Mosellan dialect, we also say "platt" or "francique mosellan, to speak of the pork cotis (I had put it in brackets) or through pork for the US Let's not forget that Alsace, and the Moselle (department of Lorraine) were annexed twice by our German friends if I remember correctly. And I am Mosellan by origin, with remains from platt.
I prefer the pigtail, but I did not have it at hand (I'm going back tonight) : Cheesy:

@ above, for the ash, I also put it "with a spoon" I think I have a rather acidic soil (ferns present, nettles), and if I am not mistaken, it is not the "full of salts minerals "which is involved, but especially calcium, right?
Byyye

calcium is a mineral salt : Mrgreen:
1 x
(of me)
Den54
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Den54 » 18/11/17, 19:08

Julienmos wrote:for Rubikscube: I think that the answers to these questions are already surely, scattered in this long subject, it is true that to reread all this in detail, it takes time, I gave myself this pain, I took some notes without having read everything in detail, but on some important topics, masterfully treated by Did, I noted the pages to return later.

Besides, I saw that important questions were listed as FAQ ... it might be good to group all this somewhere, under a FAQ ???

Well, there you have it, page 177, I couldn't let it go without reacting. Bravo Julienmos. Me too I read everything, except that I am very late on you ^^ (818 pages) And when I will reach the end ( probably 1000 probably by then) I will say to myself "shit, I will have to wait for the continuation, like for a series, or anime manga (I am a fan 8) )
It was just a favorite ♥
ahhh + + +
0 x
Den54
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Den54 » 18/11/17, 19:09

Moindreffor wrote:
Den54 wrote:
Mixieer56 wrote:

Byyye

calcium is a mineral salt : Mrgreen:

moindreeffort, I hate you : Lol:
0 x
paysan.bio
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by paysan.bio » 18/11/17, 19:12

I wanted to share with you my favorite moment.
this is the short program "my land for tomorrow" that can be seen on france 0
on YouTube it's called MPTOD S2

I do not know how to put the links with my tablet.
maybe someone can help me do it.

there is an episode about learning for permaculture mounds schoolchildren to guard against the devastating effects of chlordecone that I found very moving
2 x