Le Potager du Sloth: Gardening without fatigue more than Bio

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Did67

Re: The Kitchen Garden Sloth: Gardening without fatigue more than Bio

by Did67 » 12/10/18, 14:04

This is not the same ! Particle "intrusions" can have immediate sudden effects (acute toxicity). Nevertheless, it evaporates / is entrained.

But indeed, between plague and cholera ...
1 x
to be chafoin
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by to be chafoin » 12/10/18, 21:14

Particles, I guess you want to talk about phytosanitary treatments of crops ...
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 12/10/18, 22:36

Yes, thank you for correcting this slip - I was talking about the "fog" of pesticides, they are very fine droplets, which then evaporate or fall, attach themselves to the hedges (which are a protection) ...

Not diesel particles, of course.
0 x
to be chafoin
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by to be chafoin » 12/10/18, 23:26

Yes no doubt there is a big difference with the fine particles of urban pollution, even if the drift of pesticides can reach relative distances: several kilometers according to this study which is worth what it is worth (data taken back from the USA) . http://www.omafra.gov.on.ca/french/crops/hort/news/hortmatt/2013/16hrt13a2.htm The comment is unclear, but if I understood the graph correctly, small portions of the product systematically go beyond 60m with each spraying. By the way, they also speak of "particles" for treatments. Another astonishing fact according to this doc:
Vapors are formed when the spray droplets evaporate at the time of application, but also once the pesticide spread on the soil and plants has dried.
This would mean that even if the farmers pay attention to the climatic conditions during the treatment, there will be vapors that can be formed (I imagine in a smaller quantity anyway!) Later, for example with a good blower that disperses and ventilates all that way puzzle!

In fact I doubt that there are serious studies on the subject but hey it is not for nothing that we find pesticide residues everywhere ...

We know a little the same problem in Gironde with the treatments of the vine which are suspected of having intoxicated the children of a school. It must be said that here the vines are everywhere. There are rules for spreading treatments but at home I do not feel that they are really respected or controlled. One goes with the other.

Incidentally, there is less congestion in the countryside but people use more cars and there is probably more wood heating that pollutes a lot too.
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 15/10/18, 12:48

HS rude but I can not help but ...

I hallucinate or what ????

Donald Trump no longer denies climate change, but hopes for a return to normal

In November 2012, Donald Trump wrote: "The concept of global warming was created by and for the Chinese to make the US manufacturing sector uncompetitive. "

"I do not deny climate change. But it could very well go back. We're talking more than ... million years, "said Donald Trump on CBS.

In an interview broadcast on CBS '60 Minutes, Sunday, October 14, President Donald Trump outlined his approach to climate change.

"I think something is happening. Something is changing and it's going to change again, "he says. "I do not think it's a hoax. I think there is probably a difference. But I do not know if it's done by the man. I will say this: "I do not want to give billions and billions of dollars. I do not want to lose millions and millions of jobs. He continues, "I do not deny climate change. But it could very well go back. We are talking about more than ... millions of years. "

https://www.lemonde.fr/climat/article/2 ... 52612.html

And I think they will re-elect him! That's to say, if Churchill was right: "Democracy is the worst of regimes - with the exception of all others already tried in the past. "(Democracy is the worst form of government - except for all those other forms, which has been tried from time to time.)
1 x
Did67

by Did67 » 15/10/18, 14:52

Comrades from the south of France, to fight against slugs, I found:

"Mediterranean land turtles [ex Hermann's Tortoise] are herbivores, even if they feast on some snails when in the garden."
1 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 15/10/18, 16:10

In another register could you explain to me this

"Fixing nitrogen from the air
As for the nitrogen of the air, it is introduced into the soil in different ways.
The electric discharges produced by thunderstorms synthesize, from the oxygen and the nitrogen of the air, the nitrogen oxide that the rainwater causes in the soil, which enriches itself of the kind of several kilograms of nitrous or nitrate nitrogen per hectare per year. '

source history of agriculture world Mazoyer and Roudart
0 x
to be chafoin
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by to be chafoin » 15/10/18, 16:40

Did67 wrote:Comrades from the south of France, to fight against slugs, I found:
"Mediterranean land turtles [ex Hermann's Tortoise] are herbivores, even if they feast on some snails when in the garden."

Yes it could be interesting, but as often we come up against the problem of earthworms that are fairly close to slugs (cold-blooded animals, nocturnal activity ...) ... and which are potentially part of the diet too of the Hermann turtle.
It can occasionally eat fruits, invertebrates (snails, sowbugs, beetles, earthworms) as well as remains of corpses or excrement of mammals.
http://www.tortue-hermann.eu/fr/la-tortue-d-hermann/son-mode-de-vie_33.html
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 17/10/18, 18:30

Let's talk about garden !!!

Received a sixth grade from the Ecole Alsacienne de Paris today. Very interesting exercise !!! And a new activity to my bow ...
1 x
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 17/10/18, 19:48

Did67 wrote:Let's talk about garden !!!

Received a sixth grade from the Ecole Alsacienne de Paris today. Very interesting exercise !!! And a new activity to my bow ...

students of the 3 cycle (CM1 CM2 6nd) are the most interesting, they are still quite curious and still want to learn
0 x
"Those with the biggest ears are not the ones who hear the best"
(of me)