The future of nuclear power is good for the economy!

Current Economy and Sustainable Development-compatible? GDP growth (at all costs), economic development, inflation ... How concillier the current economy with the environment and sustainable development.
RégsB
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by RégsB » 25/10/14, 10:47

Flytox wrote:...
What you advertise above is not attached to the page of presentation of the cost of different energies to the production, and lost some part on the same site?

Well no, this is the link I gave at the end of the page.

The difference is just a few orders of magnitude ..... what to put everything in the same bag!?: Mrgreen:

Well no, again, everything is not in the same bag!
It would nevertheless be fair to count the dismantling per MWh produced, just to keep the same orders of magnitude : Mrgreen:

The real cost of dismantling is unknown to anyone, BDF etc ..., and ... as the court of accounts fishing rare information available .... at its source .... there is little chance that it diverges. : Mrgreen:

This is what the CoC noted; it also notes that doubling the costs of dismantling and storage would increase the price of electricity by 5%.

By dint of repeating them, you may end up understanding these figures : Mrgreen:

In the link below (a bit long) but to read until the end, there are some interesting discussions that allow to see how this happens.

http://energie.sia-partners.com/2009071 ... yaume-uni/

Do not work with me this link: it indicates a server error ...

The case of the United Kingdom is surprising. Indeed, for only 35 nuclear reactors and an installed capacity of 9 MW, the total decommissioning costs are estimated at 000 billion euros103. , or 2 billion euros per plant. These figures are to be compared with those of the United States, where 2,9 reactors are still in operation, and where the Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) estimated the cost of decommissioning at 104 million dollars (around 300 million euros) per plant nuclear.

Yeah, it especially makes you think that in England, there are some who seek to eat : Shock:
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 25/10/14, 13:09

RégsB wrote:
What you advertise above is not attached to the page of presentation of the cost of different energies to the production, and lost some part on the same site?

Well no, this is the link I gave at the end of the page.

Ouuupppsss, as much for me. Chui went way too fast on this passage!

The difference is just a few orders of magnitude ..... what to put everything in the same bag!?: Mrgreen:

Well no, again, everything is not in the same bag!
It would nevertheless be fair to count the dismantling per MWh produced, just to keep the same orders of magnitude : Mrgreen:

At time t, assuming that the cost of dismantling and reprocessing the waste is known / fixed and the job done, this kind of figure can do ... illusion. Except that the number of MWh produced is finished when the plant is shut down, but time and costs continue to run for a very long time. Even the plant put back "to the grass", the waste continues to cost in some more or less dangerous storage for generations ...

The real cost of dismantling is unknown to anyone, BDF etc ..., and ... as the court of accounts fishing rare information available .... at its source .... there is little chance that it diverges. : Mrgreen:

This is what the CoC noted; it also notes that doubling the costs of dismantling and storage would increase the price of electricity by 5%.

By dint of repeating them, you may end up understanding these figures : Mrgreen:

Doubling is one thing, in the link I gave you they talk about x 10 for the cost of dismantling (comparable "depollution" perimeter?). By dint of repeating you may end up understanding that these figures may be to be taken with a grain of salt ... and are as likely to be underestimated as overestimated.

The case of the United Kingdom is surprising. Indeed, for only 35 nuclear reactors and an installed capacity of 9 MW, the total decommissioning costs are estimated at 000 billion euros103. , or 2 billion euros per plant. These figures are to be compared with those of the United States, where 2,9 reactors are still in operation, and where the Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) estimated the cost of decommissioning at 104 million dollars (around 300 million euros) per plant nuclear.

Yeah, it especially makes you think that in England, there are some who seek to eat : Shock:

Among the possibilities are:
- they eat each other.
- they pretty much do the right thing.
- they are cheaper but less irresponsible than certain ....
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132

Back to "Economy and finance, sustainability, growth, GDP, ecological tax systems"