Mounting pantone 4x4 toyota turbo LJ73 2.4L

Edits and changes to engines, experiences, findings and ideas.
nikko
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by nikko » 22/02/14, 13:17

You have a bugg somewhere. The engine would not work if blowing instead of sucking by the turbo. When the original hoses are connected, the operation is normal and turbo sucks.

So enfaite the engine properly aspire to 1500 2000tr / min but not slowing.

Can you explain what you want to do?

I wanted to exit the reactor at the prèt the turbo came to have a better draw, but it's the same.

Some elbows pass, but a bay / low point can make big problems, such as ability to swallow a fleet of Razade and kill the turbo and the engine or ..... Crying or Very Sad Mr. Green

I look there are no bottom-dead made by the condensation falls back into the reactor.
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 23/02/14, 13:54

nikko wrote:
Can you explain what you want to do?

I wanted to exit the reactor at the prèt the turbo came to have a better draw, but it's the same.

This pipe reactor to admission seems important:
- Too long (> 1m?), It limits the steam flow too much, cools and condenses too much.
- Too large diameter (diam> 18 mm?), It cools down too much.
- Too short (<30 cm?), It may not be the "right" vapor entering the intake? ("incomplete" transformation of water droplets (number and diameter)).

In fact, as it is "easy" to change, you can try several pipes / materials (copper / silicone etc ...) / diameters / lengths / thermally insulated or not, see what reacts best.

I look there are no bottom-dead-in made condensation falls into the reactor .

It is more or less "obligatory", and perhaps explains that the starting of the reactor on a cold engine which is done for at least (10 km?) The time to "dry" the rod of the reactor.
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
nikko
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by nikko » 23/02/14, 21:48

Too long (> 1m?), It limits the steam flow too much, cools and condenses too much.

My pipes are to be ready 50 cm

- Too large diameter (diam> 18 mm?), It cools down too much.

they are inside 12.7 but I touch has put silicone.
I think I isolated in heating duct.

For now I have to eat 300ml 30km and about driving 40min diesel standpoint I have not yet had your fill.
0 x
Other
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 23/02/14, 22:05

Hello
dede2002 wrote:Hello,

Someone he tried to mix the two planes take to the air after the bubbler and send the turbo steam before the turbo, dosing flow?

Yes this is a problem the air line that takes you from the turbo and you send in the bubbler to low speed becomes suction (when the turbo is not running fast is in depression in the intake manifold) enough to suck water from the bubbler and send it directly into the intake, I had placed a valve Antipassback on this line, operate in the long term with that it is a risk to break down the engine if the reliability of the valve and not garentie.

Andre
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 24/02/14, 19:53

Hello André

Andre wrote:Yes this is a problem the air line that takes you from the turbo and you send in the bubbler to low speed becomes suction (when the turbo is not running fast is in depression in the intake manifold) enough to suck water from the bubbler and send it directly into the intake, I had placed a valve Antipassback on this line, operate in the long term with that it is a risk to break down the engine if the reliability of the valve and not garentie.

Andre

+1; There is also the bubbler which contributes to the problem you cite. The "large" volume of air from the top of the bubbler has been pressurized when the turbo is running. When you cut the accelerator suddenly, the pressure of the turbo drops quickly, and the air under pressure from the bubbler will tend to relax / push the fleet where it can ... side where there is the least pressure drop, side air intake that comes from the turbo .... Indeed you need a system that does anti return or anti siphoning in one way or another. :P

Safer as: : Mrgreen:

0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.

[Eugène Ionesco]

nikko
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by nikko » 24/02/14, 20:52

it is rather dangerous as when system even if the valve is not waterproof or more attention to the case will turbo expensive.

for my assembly I put silicone hoses of 9mm inside, I said to myself go let's go I will test, journey of 17km 25min and the same return, total 34km 50min approximately with pause I leave engine almost cold "one hour more late "I go home look at the level and I had to consume 1.5L easy, however the day before the same trip" engine rest all day "and I consumed much less water 400ml approximately" my system is 100% waterproof.

Conclusion when the engine is hot water consumption is much higher knowing that this is the big mill as is more about these 4x4.

How to limit the cons? should I put a valve bubbled I entered the farm As I roll hose too big?

it sucks or anything like a water cons?
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 24/02/14, 21:42

nikko wrote:it is rather dangerous as when system even if the valve is not waterproof or more attention to the case will turbo expensive.

Forbidden to miss on anti return : Mrgreen:

for my assembly I put silicone hoses of 9mm inside, I said to myself go let's go I will test, journey of 17km 25min and the same return, total 34km 50min approximately with pause I leave engine almost cold "one hour more late "I go home look at the level and I had to consume 1.5L easy, however the day before the same trip" engine rest all day "and I consumed much less water 400ml approximately" my system is 100% waterproof.

If you can see the turbine of the turbo casts a look at it, if the water of food in large drops, it will morfler ....:|

Conclusion when the engine is hot water consumption is much higher

It's much easier to evaporate with the LDR at 85 ° C than at 60 ° C.

How to limit the cons? should I put a valve bubbled I entered the farm As I roll hose too big?

You can always start by putting a jet (3 4 to mm?) At the bubbler air inlet. He should calm down a bit.

It will be good if you "permanently" monitor the vapor outlet temperature of the reactor. It's a good indicator of what's going on.
0 x

[Eugène Ionesco]

nikko
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by nikko » 24/02/14, 22:00

I'll watch the Turbo tomorrow I will repeat it if it is not is that the steam is good?

are precisely the LDR that passes within me it creates a nice, fine steam.

temperature output reactor should be how much?

the nozzle of which you speak is the same as in my carburetor?

thank you for your advice
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 24/02/14, 22:23

nikko wrote:temperature output reactor should be how much?

Difficult question : Mrgreen: . Below 70 ° C I think it doesn't work. Often it "yoyotes" around 95 ° C, then it can suddenly fly to 140 °. This can go up to (170 ° C?) Without any problem. It is, according to the assemblies, the way of driving (cool, nervous) quite different, and most often quite unstable, a modification of "nothing at all" can make you gain 40 ° or generate oscillations over a few seconds or minutes . It is necessary to observe the type of temperature responses compared to the type of route (city, country road, highway, mountain etc ...) and make regular consumption readings (but preferably attached to only one modification at a time) .: Mrgreen:

the nozzle of which you speak is the same as in my carburetor?

No it's much bigger. A "jet" is any restriction of the passage. You do it as you want (metal or plastic washer pierced, pipes nested into each other etc ...) Finally you manage that it cannot be blocked in the turbo / engine etc ...: Mrgreen:
0 x

[Eugène Ionesco]

dede2002
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by dede2002 » 25/02/14, 08:52

Andre wrote:Hello
dede2002 wrote:Hello,

Someone he tried to mix the two planes take to the air after the bubbler and send the turbo steam before the turbo, dosing flow?

Yes this is a problem the air line that takes you from the turbo and you send in the bubbler to low speed becomes suction (when the turbo is not running fast is in depression in the intake manifold) enough to suck water from the bubbler and send it directly into the intake, I had placed a valve Antipassback on this line, operate in the long term with that it is a risk to break down the engine if the reliability of the valve and not garentie.

Andre

© André thank you, indeed it is fundamental!

An idea © e, one might use a pump to push electric à © (or vacuum) of the air bubbler is contrÃ'lerait easier the start © bit?
0 x