How to save fuel? HHO Dry Cell

Tips, advice and tips to lower your consumption, processes or inventions as unconventional engines: the Stirling engine, for example. Patents improving combustion: water injection plasma treatment, ionization of the fuel or oxidizer.
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 11/01/14, 16:25

according to the site average consumption of Belgian was in 2008 from 102 kg per year.

http://www.oxfammagasinsdumonde.be/2008 ... cologique/

according to this other site, it would be a year 30.4kg

http://www.retaildetail.be/fr/f-belgiqu ... ande-de-36

who and what to believe?

DID 67 hello
I agree with you that there are degrees between vg and meaty as there joogeur between Sunday and athlete at the Olympic Games; life choices and requirements are not the same.
I emphasized just the VG gathered a maximum of positives that are not found together in the viandisme. Maintenat it is obvious that less and consume is already positive for the planet as reducing consumption of fossil fuels is too.
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 11/01/14, 17:04

Yes, I understand.

What I wanted to point out, in connection with the yarn:

a) there are things for which it's all or nothing: going from a thermal car to an electric car (even if the hybrid is an intermediary - for me, it is all the same a "thermal" machine improved).

For meat / VG, there is a continuum between extremes ....

b) When this is the case, it is better, with not too extreme positions, improve the situation with 50% of people such that diminish their half of consumption (which is easy), rather than targeting a radical conversion that 1 to limit the impact to a thousand or 1 10 000 for!

Take an average of conso 50 kg / person.

On one hand, 50% which halved is 12 kg less on average.

The other is 0,050 kg less on average still.

It is a debate that I often have with what I call the "green kmerhs" or the "ecological ayatollahs", who by too extremist positions obtain a negligible effect compared to what they could obtain by a position "reasonable", acceptable by many.
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 11/01/14, 17:14

Janic wrote:
who and what to believe?

The average level of cultural journalists ets down.

They retrieve data on the internet without distance, without confronting sources>.

But some activist sites are also quick to "caricature" reality.

So always look for a source with reliable statistics. With Google, it's easy!

In this study, based on Eurostat data and consumer surveys, there is a graphic 3 page which shows that total meat is to conso of about 100 kg

http://agriculture.wallonie.be/apps/spi ... ntaire.pdf

[I think that for your second source, it comes to meat as such (steaks, prime rib, etc ...). While prmeire figure is the total meat (sold fresh meat, or saucissse and pies, lasagna, etc ...).
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 11/01/14, 17:57

For meat / VG, there is a continuum between extremes ....

When this is the case, it is better, with not too extreme positions, improve the situation with 50% of people such that diminish their half of consumption (which is easy), rather than targeting a radical conversion that will limit the '1 thousand to impact or to 1 10 000!

This is a distorted view of reality! Take back the comparison with the sport: can we assume a radical conversion joggers Sunday in top athlete? It would be ridiculous and impossible. By cons there are top athletes demonstrates the possibilities of the human body and may lead to practice a sport at their level opportunities.
Take an average of conso 50 kg / person.
On one hand, 50% which halved is 12 kg less on average.
The other is 0,050 kg less on average still.

This is a calculation that takes into account only the appearance quantity, but of course it already and largely satisfy, animal advocates, but it neglects other aspects equally, if not more, important.

Then there is confusion between reduced consumption and change in philosophy. And use drugs (tobacco, alcohol and others) can think in terms of decrease in consumption (it rarely works) or abstinence. Is extremism of "green kmerhs" or the "ecological ayatollahs". The Vg is a philosophy of life that can only be individual and above all not imposed. Read the forums Vg and you will see that it is the result of a personal awareness, often generated by particular circumstances.
Now we often see only what the media (which generally ignore the subject) are saying negatively or positively depending on their openness and who often report that demonstrations (peaceful) "shock" for street bounce the way (with more or less success) since it is the only visible to them.
So the objective is not to reduce overall consumption in terms of numbers, but to rethink their lifestyle and food case (obvious side) but especially pollution, economics, ethics and health.
It is a debate that I often have with what I call the "green kmerhs" or the "ecological ayatollahs", who by too extremist positions obtain a negligible effect compared to what they could obtain by a position "reasonable", acceptable by many
deep illusion! Meat consumption is cultural and always corresponds to the expression of conscious-or pas- reached a certain level of life is what is seen dramatically in emerging countries. Consumption reduction (not selected) this is also the expression of this loss of social level for close-off is of little importance (these are not the most numerous) but major for small income.
Or, and this is what I have expressed elsewhere, consumption reduction is and will be linked to the decrease in revenues and the scarcity of some products like the sea, but this is not a free choiceThe return of sufficient financial means boosting consumption.
PS: I had reopened the topic more specific vegetarianism on the subject! If you want to continue exchanging best to do it on this one!
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 11/01/14, 18:14

Well, I think you're wrong.

I met a lot of people reduce their meat consumption to a patchwork of reasons, cardiovascular diseases to the vision of the brutality of slaughterhouses through the critique of factory farming methods. And, of course, as you say, economic reasons.

Without stopping completely.

I know less conversion to the vegetarian diet, although I know very well at least - my daughter.

My numerical example was abusive, certainly, it was to show the impact of the figures.

There is, in my large circle, probably more than 1 VG per 1000! But this does not exceed a few% (with a very low "some"!).

However, in the process of significantly reducing the consumption of meat, I know a sacred ground!

But hey, in the absence of statistics, these are just convictions. That's why, I say, "I think ..." (that you're wrong!).
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 12/01/14, 10:01

Did67 hello
Well, I think you're wrong.

I met a lot of people reduce their meat consumption to a patchwork of reasons, cardiovascular diseases to the vision of the brutality of slaughterhouses through the critique of factory farming methods. And, of course, as you say, economic reasons.
Without stopping completely.

Whatever the reasons (but only the underlying reasons have value) that is the result that counts! : Cheesy:
Otherwise it's very fair. For centuries vegetarianism was considered a purely philosophical approach (many philosophers and even now were and VG). In our time, with the development of exact sciences including dietetics, the recognition of the drawbacks of animal product consumption exceeds the philosophy to become a medical report and particularly for cardiovascular diseases and cancer (and a host of other diseases ).
Then there is a design change on what the animal and its relation to man. In fact the animal was, and still is, considered an object (a piece of furniture according to French law), not a living thing in itself. Again scientific work shows more similarity between the animal in general and the human animal. For a long time, and yet for some, the animal was not supposed to suffer (even human babies were supposed not to suffer) and could be subject to torture without any anesthesia for the purpose of "science." ... and the food.
More and more documentaries show the violence represented by the slaughter of animals, especially those urban dwellers who have not been used to slaughter rituals on farms. However, these people would not be able to tolerate slaughtering without industrial breeding and most prefer to hide their face and pretend to ignore what is happening in slaughterhouses to continue to see a steak completely disconnected from the animal itself. even. This is called silencing his sensitivity or giving himself a good conscience, it is according!

I know less conversion to the vegetarian diet, although I know very well at least - my daughter.

Good luck to her !

My numerical example was abusive, certainly, it was to show the impact of the figures.

There is, in my large circle, probably more than 1 VG per 1000! But this does not exceed a few% (with a very low "some"!).

Some VGs want to believe that the number of Vg is significant to emphasize that a number of people who have made a choice, deserve to be heard (since in our system it is the number that is heard, not an inconvenient truth) So the figure of 2% of the French population is advanced, but it is totally overestimated except when in this figure are included the semi Vg, that is to say eating meat only from time to time or not eating it only on certain social or festive occasions or in becoming progressive to be Vg and referred to as flexitarians. But even there 2% seems excessive to me because the new "converts" to the VG are looking to find VGs in their town or village with whom to exchange and meet and are often disappointed to find no one. So 1 for 1.000 or 10.000 could be realistic. (Vgs don't shout from the rooftops about their choice of life, in general)
However, in the process of significantly reducing the consumption of meat, I know a sacred ground!

Good for them! What is interesting is to know the reasons: poor product quality, tasteless, expensive, health problems, emotional sensitivity, etc ...
My own "investigation" with knowledge shows that if people were to kill themselves an animal for food (with available plant food in abundance) these people would not do so and consequently become VG fact . (this is the human logic is not a carnivorous predator!)
And then join the anatomy physiology, emotional, awareness, etc ...
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 12/01/14, 11:46

Delighted that our opinions converge slightly.

For those who reduce their consumption without going to the VG stage, without this being representative, my "feeling" at the level of my enlarged circle is the following:

a) main motivation = "diet" / cardiovascular disease, etc ... The idea that red meat has a negative effect is gaining ground ...

b) in 2nd, except VG "militant" or "philosophical" [I mean by "reflection on Life"], it is the ecological approach: after awareness of energy problems (solar water heater!), the electric car, the climate change, more and more families are realizing that one of the black spots in their balance sheet is not hot water, or heating, or even the car, but gray energy or the fossil COXNUMX emissions linked to their food. And first and foremost, that of red meat.

In short, there is a reflection among a growing part of the population, around "ecology", organic farming, etc ... with induced effects on the consumption of meat ... Someone who goes in a "organic" store will be confronted with soy, tofu, bulk legumes, and "slip" towards a change in its diet ...

c) indeed, the shocking images of certain programs on factory farming and slaughterhouses, the mad vahceh scandal, then Lasagna on horseback, etc ... These various scandals have led people to reflect and, without "switch" to a strict VG diet, to change their diet in a "less meat" direction ...

For me, a certain stabilization - even slight décrosisance - consumption of meat is mainly related to the convergence of the two or three key phenomena ... which in my opinion, to varying degrees, a significant part of the population.

With the economic factor, which can be synergistically!

I respect the "philosophical" approach, which leads to becoming strict VG for the sake of consistency (to avoid, in fact, being fake!). I think it weighs very little in the statistics.

Pragmatic, I try to have a broad influence, through points a and b, on a large number, which inflects his attitude "a little" ...
0 x
moinsdewatt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by moinsdewatt » 12/01/14, 20:18

citro wrote:

2 / Then we are told of a system of concentration 23m² (4,30m 5,30m x) under which to park the car (practice to take when going on holiday ...)

that's the trick:

0 x
gildas
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by gildas » 12/01/14, 22:37

The thing was still 2 not negligible benefits for many sunny areas:

Free -Electricity

-No more cord to plug in
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert