How to be (more) happy 15 (small) lessons?

philosophical debates and companies.
Christophe

How to be (more) happy 15 (small) lessons?

by Christophe » 25/11/13, 21:49

In times of crisis and increased stress for most of us, here are 15 tips to follow for (try to) be ... a little happier in life!

Yapluka!

During our existence, we adopt habits and behaviors that cause us pain and stress. Our lives begin to improve only when we realize the absurdity of these attitudes, and take steps to abandon them. Here is a list of fifteen tips that will help you improve your life and make you happier:

1 / Abandon your need to always be right

Some of us can not stand the thought of being wrong, and sometimes they endanger relationships with people who are important to them. Still, it's never worth it. When you feel that you want to prove that you are right, ask yourself: "Is it more important that I am right, or that I am nice? "

2 / Abandon your need for control

Drop your desire to control all situations, things and people around you. Give them the opportunity to be as they really are and you will feel much better.

3 / Stop the blame

Abandon your need to blame others for what you do not have or how you feel, or do not feel. Stop giving up your powers and take responsibility for your life.

4 / Abandon Negativity

Stop pitying yourself and thinking only of failure. Believe in yourself, and do not believe everything your mind blows at you, especially if it's negative and demotivating thoughts.

5 / Abandon the limits you assign yourself

Stop giving yourself limits on what you can do, and can not do. From now on, do not let these limits impose themselves on you and deploy your wings to fly as high as you can.

6 / Stop complaining

Stop complaining about situations, things, people. Nobody or nothing can make you unhappy unless you allow it. It's not the situation that triggers these feelings in you, but rather your way of looking at it.

7 / Abandon the criticism

Stop criticizing others, things or events that are different from you constantly. People are all unique, yet they are similar. We all want happiness, to love and to be loved. Criticism is completely useless.

8 / Abandon the need to impress others

Stop trying so hard to be someone you are not, just because you want to make yourself loved. Things do not work that way. On the contrary, when you drop the mask and accept to be yourself, you will find that others will naturally be attracted to you.

9 / Stop all resistance to change

Change is good and the only thing that will allow you to evolve, to improve your life and that of those around you. Accept the auspicious change, do not resist it.

10 / Abandon the labels

Stop labeling things, people, or events that you do not understand or find different, and try to slowly open your mind. Your mind only works if it is open to new things.

11 / Abandon your fears

Fear is an illusion, it does not exist, it's something you created.

12 / Stop excuses

Most of the time, excuses limit us, and they block us on a situation, preventing us from developing, to improve our lives and those of others. In 99,9% of cases, these excuses are not even real.

13 / Abandon the past

Abandoning the past is not easy, because often it looks so much better than the present, and the future is so scary. But the present is all you have, and you will never have anything else. Stop deluding yourself and be present in everything you do and enjoy life. After all, life is a journey, not a destination.

14 / Let go

From the moment you detach things (which does not mean that you stop loving them, love and attachment having nothing to do with each other), you become peaceful, tolerant and serene. You can then understand things without having to force yourself.

15 / Stop living according to the expectations of others

Far too many people are complying with what their parents, friends, teachers, government ... expect from them. They do not listen to their inner voice. They are so anxious to please others that they lose control over their lives. You have only one life, it's here and now. You must live your life, and in particular, make sure that the opinion of others does not deter you from the path you have traced.

Comment from Marc Theriault of 18 / 08 / 2013:

There is one important thing missing from this list that, in my humble opinion, is starting off on the wrong foot: 16. Let go of the need to be happy! We repeat it and we repeat it, to the right and to the left, up and down, HAPPINESS IS NOT A DESTINATION, BUT A STATE OF MIND. Do you want to be happy? Don't even think about it, you won't get there, or at least not for very long. Why? It's simple, because you are a human being full of limits which prevent you from being happy now, and which will prevent you from being so for the rest of your earthly life, especially with age. , these limits are gaining in importance. Do you want to be "MORE" happy? Ah, there you start talking. That's good, the recipe is much simpler: Love yourself and accept yourself as you are, with your flaws, your quirks, your imperfections ...

Source: http://m.express.be/joker/fr/platdujour ... 168749.htm

English source: http://www.purposefairy.com/3308/15-thi ... -be-happy/
0 x
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 26/11/13, 11:45

thanks to you, Christophe! =) 8)
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 26/11/13, 11:48

These principles are not wrong, but I'm afraid it's a huge manipulation : Evil:

"Let us be brave people, be satisfied with the crumbs, let us mow you and be happy"

Psychologists always say they can help us. The problem is that it's not usually about achieving our goals, but about convincing them that they are unrealistic.
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Grandaddy
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Grandaddy » 26/11/13, 12:05

elephant wrote:These principles are not wrong, but I'm afraid it's a huge manipulation : Evil:

"Let us be brave people, be satisfied with the crumbs, let us mow you and be happy"

We can certainly see it in this sense, but I think that we can be very critical of the current system, the policies etc, while remaining happy. And on the contrary, we can also "let ourselves be mowed down", believe everything that is said by the media without any critical mind, and be unhappy. Finally, there is obviously a happy medium.

0 x
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 26/11/13, 12:12

yep;
I saw that especially for the forum, which is not bad :D
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 26/11/13, 20:16

Well seen, Elephant!
Respecting others and showing tolerance and / or understanding for their opinions does not imply giving up being critical; it is even extremely disrespectful to approve positions that one does not share, under the pretext of "not making waves"; hypocrisy and cynicism are two contemptible attitudes, already too widespread to be encouraged.
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 27/11/13, 12:56

Of course, Ahmed, but I rather considered the need to not be blind or fooled.
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Christophe

by Christophe » 30/11/13, 16:12

Glad that this "philosopher" on this subject ...

An alternative version of 20 advice this one and more down to earth (in my opinion ...):

http://www.express.be/joker/fr/platdujo ... 198652.htm
0 x
Christophe

Re: How to be (more) happy in 15 (small) lessons?

by Christophe » 01/05/18, 11:31

Small additive in these times of discontent ...

http://www.levif.be/actualite/sante/com ... 33917.html

How to become optimistic in three weeks

(...)

OK, let's hasten that happiness.

A: Think every night about three things you are grateful for.

Two: thank every morning someone who has done something positive for you, by e-mail, phone or app.

Three: describe each evening an event that you value a lot.

Four: move a quarter of an hour a day.

Five: meditate.

If you persevere for three weeks, you will become optimistic. At least that is the American Shawn Achor, expert in happiness at Oprah Winfrey.

Personal key:

Six: a small glass of wine or beer from time to time

: Cheesy: : Cheesy: : Cheesy:
0 x
guibnd
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

Re: How to be (more) happy in 15 (small) lessons?

by guibnd » 02/05/18, 20:11

"how to be happier in ..."
I do not know me? ...... by growing his garden! : Mrgreen:
0 x
Twandering with clayey and fertile wheat, full of water in winter, cold in spring, crushed and cracked in summer,
but that was before the Didite ...