Total lobbied school of Ripoublique!

Oil, gas, coal, nuclear (PWR, EPR, hot fusion, ITER), gas and coal thermal power plants, cogeneration, tri-generation. Peakoil, depletion, economics, technologies and geopolitical strategies. Prices, pollution, economic and social costs ...
Christophe

Total lobbied school of Ripoublique!

by Christophe » 04/10/13, 16:55

Is that legal?

An oil company promoting shale gas and practicing tax evasion is authorized by the educational authorities to come and teach in schools: a common practice, as Reporterre reveals.

Lobbying does not only take place in the corridors of ministries, the National Assembly, the Brussels Commission, or even within the Elysée Palace. It is also in schools that large companies manage to insinuate themselves, offering teachers "teaching tools" to help them complete the educational program. But they receive the support of the authorities of the Ministry of Education, as evidenced by the document that we are publishing and that a scandalized reader - herself a teacher - sent us to the address planete (at) reporterre.net.

This is a letter sent on letterhead from the French Republic by the Academic Director of the Académie de Bordeaux to the heads of secondary schools and primary schools under his jurisdiction. He invites them to give a warm welcome to the Total company, whose "collaborators" will be able to intervene in the classes for lessons of 1h30.

(...)

Suite: http://www.reporterre.net/spip.php?article4798

: Shock: : Evil:
0 x
hic
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

Re: Total is lobbying at the Ripoublique school!

by hic » 04/10/13, 18:18

0 x
"Let food be thy medicine and thy medicine be thy food" Hippocrates
"Everything has a price has no value" Nietzche
Torture for Dummies
Forbid to express the idea that the field is acceleration (magnetic and gravitational)
And you get your patent mental torture option executioner successfully
netshaman
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by netshaman » 04/10/13, 21:48

So what ?
It is not because it is legal that it is moral!
0 x
Christophe

Re: Total is lobbying at the Ripoublique school!

by Christophe » 05/10/13, 09:44

Can you quote the passage for this case? No desire to dig there ...

When I was young I often heard "no politics at school" (except in History of course ...) ... so if we start to tolerate industrial propaganda ...

: Shock:
0 x