Counter econometer inconsistent billing or not?

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
Tinevez
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Counter econometer inconsistent billing or not?

by Tinevez » 21/08/13, 18:17

I split my subject on my boiler (to see https://www.econologie.com/forums/consommation-electrique-chaudiere-a-gaz-t12703.html) to devote myself solely to consumption (and overcharging ??) electrical.

As part of energy performance work, I contacted the "info-energy" point of my city (called energence).

While I was coming to see them for heating / insulation, they were very surprised to see that I had a monthly consumption of 100 euros of electricity.

Indeed, I recently replaced all my bulbs with LEDs, my appliance is class A or A +, I do my laundry 30 ° or cold. In short, strange to be sober gas (being poorly insulated) and not at all in electricity (being economical).

So I borrowed an econometer, I quickly identified some "leaks", some devices in particular on standby, consuming up to 15W (since I cut them "completely" very systematically)

My consumption dropped sharply, from 24 to 18-20 kwh / 24h approx.

The old EDF meter is not very precise, I finally found a trick: I time the time it takes for the meter to make 5 turns, which corresponds to a consumption of 0,01 kwh, and which lasts roughly one minute ( according to consumption obviously)

But despite this, I still cannot find "my little ones". Indeed, by cutting everything except devices of which I know precisely the consumption, I come across instantaneous power more important than expected.

Maybe it is normal to have more total consumption than the sum of the devices (I don't know, let's say 20% of "losses") if so, please tell me what order it should be!

Thank you in advance
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 21/08/13, 19:02

an old edf counter is still more accurate than 20%

so if the meter turns too fast there is a problem!

old edf counters being pretty simple stuff the main problem he could have would be to go wrong, which no one complains ... I do not see too much of the defect of the meter could make it run too well

so there is a device which you believe to know the consomation which consumes more than expected

it would be necessary to unplug them all ... and if it still turns to look for the hidden device!
0 x
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 21/08/13, 20:15

18-20kWh / day it's still a lot I find.

At home for a small home, without paying particular attention to consumption (appliances standby, PC running all day, old fridge) I turn around 15kWh / day excluding heating.

So you have a lot of devices, or there is a problem somewhere.
0 x
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by 1360 » 21/08/13, 20:19

An aquarium, a small pool pump, a ski boot warmer that would have stayed connected, a yogurt maker ....
0 x
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 21/08/13, 22:11

Pool pumps eat a lot! even for "small" above ground pools.
that's what 150 / 200W, but when it turns H24 we feel it on the bill, even for a few weeks in the summer.
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 21/08/13, 23:16

20kWh / days is a lot

20KWh / 24h = 0,833 kW

something that consumes 833W it should not go unnoticed!

a neighbor who has a hacker hookup?

it can be a defective freezer ... I was given one that was still working but always running to just the right temperature ... tried at home I noticed the sound of the generator that it consumes too much, and yet he does not grill

I'll have to take down the compressor to see what happened to it: it seems that a faulty compressor can consume too much without making a worrying noise
0 x
jlt22
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by jlt22 » 21/08/13, 23:31

I have a gas boiler which makes me heating, hot water and kitchen (cooktop 4 lights).
Calydra boiler-delta 2003 of Chaffoteaux; electrical power consumption 150 w according to the instructions.

The oven is electric and I have no dryer; otherwise, dishwasher, washing machine, fridge medium for cooking, fridge-freezer compartments 2 reserve, microwave, TV, 2 ordis, box live, low consumption lamps everywhere.

My power consumption is almost invariable: 2350 Kw to 2450 Kw per year; That is about 6,5 to 7 kw per day. This is about 35 euros / month subscription included.

House full foot of 80 m2, 1 room to live including the kitchen, 3 rooms, 1 small SdB, 1 WC, 1 garage serving of annex room, 1 big attic.

Would not there be a wild connection in your installation?
Cut off all departures on the board and put them back one by one, having first cut off the apparatus of each circuit.
The meter must remain at a standstill until a device has been started (do not forget to switch off the VMC during the test)
0 x
Tinevez
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Tinevez » 22/08/13, 01:16

jlt22 wrote:The oven is electric and I have no dryer; otherwise, dishwasher, washing machine, fridge medium for cooking, fridge-freezer compartments 2 reserve, microwave, TV, 2 ordis, box live, low consumption lamps everywhere.

Ditto with 2-3 mobile phone chargers and other tablets in addition (which does not consume much according to the econometer), cons with LED lamps (ultra low conso: 3W each)
jlt22 wrote:My power consumption is almost invariable: 2350 Kw to 2450 Kwh per year; That is about 6,5 to 7 kwh per day. This is about 35 euros / month subscription included.

Oops, me is rather 8000KWh and 100 euros per month. After that it gives 2000KWh per person, I do not know how much you are in your home.
jlt22 wrote:House full foot of 80 m2, 1 room to live including the kitchen, 3 rooms, 1 small SdB, 1 WC, 1 garage serving of annex room, 1 big attic.

Me is on 3 levels, the house having 90m2 ground (9x10). Removing 50cm from stone wall this gives 3 levels of 72m2 (8x9). So theoretically my house is almost 200m2 (but hey, it's attic at the top, half of the bottom serves as a cellar, so I usually give 120m2 as surface, which is 50% more than yours, all the same). After it is not the surface that counts for the electric conso (for the vacuum cleaner to the limit ...), but the number of people: we are 4, and so often 3 and the TV are simultaneously running , each of us having his activities.
jlt22 wrote:Would not there be a wild connection in your installation?
Cut off all departures on the board and put them back one by one, having first cut off the apparatus of each circuit.
The meter must remain at a standstill until a device has been started (do not forget to switch off the VMC during the test)

I did about that earlier and the disc was almost stopped (moved slightly but made less than one turn (2Wh) 10 minutes ...). But then, it is by adding the devices that I feel to be too high. I turn on a device that makes 90W at the econometer and I consume 150W more at the meter (by measuring the 5 counter turns that correspond to 10Wh, ie 0,01 KWh)

I see several possibilities:
- I have devices (or other devices) hidden and connected permanently (I have for example an old alarm box that does not correspond to anything identified ...), which date from before my arrival?
- the transmission between the box and the socket (where there is the econometer) generates losses
- flight by a neighbor
- the econometer is "optimistic" (but hey on a bunch of devices I find exactly the expected nominal value)

In short, in any case to start I cut all night (box, boiler, everything except the fridge finally) and I continue my measurements. Already cutting some devices kept on standby has saved me 25% of consumption (24KWh> 18KWh). But hey, I should be at 12KWh / 24h. Especially since we are in summer, so very little lighting ...
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 22/08/13, 02:17

what is your econometre?

if there is a difference between the econometre and the meter edf, another instrument is needed to say who is right or wrong

the word econometre worries me: to measure a power it is a wattmettre ... except some device not really measuring the power but only measuring the voltage and the current and making a multiplication ... which is more or less false according to the form of the current consumed
0 x
Other
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 22/08/13, 07:10

Hello
jlt22 wrote:

My power consumption is almost invariable: 2350 Kw to 2450 Kw per year; That is about 6,5 to 7 kw per day. This is about 35 euros / month subscription included.

Very lucky to have such a consomation

In my case
For 60 summer days 2900 kw
For 60 winter days 7280 kw
Annually 26250kw and fortunately I heat up at the heat pump. it's not uncommon for small houses to consume
30 000 kw annually if winter is rough ..

Andre
0 x