Counter econometer inconsistent billing or not?

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
Did67

by Did67 » 22/08/13, 15:09

Tinevez wrote:my econometer already has the function of measuring the total conso (in addition to displaying the instantaneous power). That's how I know the average powers of my fridge and my freezer.

You gave powers (in KW or W).

It is better to give us the consumptions (in kWh or Wh), in particular for all "intermittent" devices (eg the freezer; which starts 2 or 3 times, goes through 1 W for a fraction of a second, then turns perhaps at 000 W for a "certain time", then stops and consumes 250 ...). If you tell us that it consumed 0 Wh between such and such a time (250/1 of a kWh), that's it.

Your counter is the consumption of all devices.

I suggest you talk about consumption.

Power is always a treacherous size: the nominal powers are not the real powers, especially for the mpoteurs, whose power consumption depends on the effort they provide!

The best it would be an ammeter clamp that allows, without touching the son, to go to measure in the electrical box, just downstream of the circuit breaker EdF pirnicpal. In principle, nothing is connected before (except hacking) and the meter indications should correspond, with uncertainties, to the meter indications.

Few people dare to disassemble the main wires in the box ... Pinching wires is already easier!
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 22/08/13, 15:16

Tinevez wrote:
not really in my case, I do not understand, I feel that every Wh consumed my meter charges a little more ...

Neither do I !

That's why I propose to take this extremely methodically (and if possible with a verified measuring device - a simple check: an incandescent bulb consomme fairly accurately the power that is marked on it, or a electric auxiliary radiator) ..

As Chatelot said, the "old" counters with "spinning wheel" are rather reliable or else it rubs a little too much and ... decreases the recorded consumption a little. A priori, the probability that he over-counts is low!

[to check, however, the question of the "coefficient"; I don't know how it works anymore, but the same meter can be shunted for with a different "multiplier" ... Chatelot will doubtless know!]
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 22/08/13, 15:28

inside the meter there is a bunch of adjusting screws to calibrate the meter ... but the meter being sealed and of solid construction it never gets bogged down

there is a magnet that brakes the disc by foucauld current: if we approach the magnet it brakes more and the counter becomes less sensitive

if we remove the magnet it slows down less and it turns faster

there are screws in the magnetic circuit to control the phase shifts and to ensure the accuracy whatever the cost of the consumed current ... there is more than 20ans I had recovered scrap counter, and had played with these settings: these are only small finishes to obtain the last part of% of precision required by rather severe standards: the meter is already precise by its principle even if one deregle these screws
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 22/08/13, 15:50

My question was: can one of these meters not be "calibrated" according to different calibers (by shunts) so that one revolution of the wheel = 1 Wh (in one position) or 2 Wh (in another) or 5 Wh (yet another) depending on the freezing (I say anything in terms of numbers, for example; I do not have any so I can no longer say "true" things) ???

So the question would be: is this meter just not badly "calibrated"? Or that the wrong multiplier is applied?
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 22/08/13, 17:08

the manufacturer manufactures different models with the pieces that are necessary for different sensibility, and marks on the plate the number of Wh / revs

it also puts the right gear for the numbers to be fair

it is the very old meters which did not necessarily have a direct display of the number of kW hours but a number that had to be multiplied by a coeficient ... I only saw it in old books!

we see a lot of circuit breaker whose caliber is chosen by screws or various system ... but never counter with this kind of adjustment
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 23/08/13, 14:42

Thank you!

It was therefore an "old" memory!

[on I do not remember which thread, I had self-defined as an "old con": here is another proof!]

And so it will be necessary that tinevez seeks "methodically" where this inconsistency comes from!
0 x