Make your own soaps: cold saponification

Consumption and sustainable and responsible diet tips daily to reduce energy and water consumption, waste ... Eat: preparations and recipes, find healthy food, seasonal and local conservation information food ...
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 24/02/13, 17:02

bidouille23 wrote:And no need to improve which is already very simple;) ...

That's exactly what I told myself!

bidouille23 wrote:As for salt, the Himalayas or Brittany or sold, as long as it remains in the raw state, it is kiffe kiffe bourricot, seeing that it is for an external application right?

Well in principle yes, it's hyperstable, it's salt (therefore the result of a reaction between an acid and a base) so the answer is yes. That's why they suggest storing nuclear waste in disused salt mines! Only here, if these morons put metal containers! : Shock:

bidouille23 wrote:, seeing that it is for an outdoor application right?
But then, I heard "locals" who said that it was a shame to "mistreat sea salt" (for gastronomy in particular, you will tell me ...) and that it would be better to leave it there. 'free air always with the low rate of hygrometry "which goes well" (so almost dry my non tropo ...). So since it's not my department, I prefer not to step forward : Cheesy:

bidouille23 wrote:If you want obamot I can send you coarse Breton salt made in a traditional way since always ...;) ... (joke :) and if you don't have salt but you have salted butter it also works? : p :) :) :)
This is really nice...!

bidouille23 wrote:if not with a ph meter ??? by what language i have but the ph put i also :) ...

ROTFL : Cheesy:
Warning to PH soap, since the skin has a slightly acidic pH (6,5, like saliva), shouldn't the soap also have the same Potential Hhydrogen?
0 x
culbuto
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by culbuto » 24/02/13, 17:39

hence the interest of 100% goat milk soaps. the pH of our skin and that one are identical. for birth gifts, I prepare milk castilla:
Castile is a 100% olive soap, 5% surgras
and I replace the water with biquette milk.
nothing else. especially no essential oils for children.

They are really appreciated.

For adults, my neighbor pampers me with her cakes, her husband benefits by keeping the soaps. his favorite: a cocoa vanilla goat.
0 x
culbuto
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by culbuto » 25/02/13, 12:40

to dream
http://www.savons-gemme.com/

of course i tried ...... i'm not a woman for nothing. and I am far from their result. Because to obtain for example the transparent blue soap, it requires a non-overgrown soap. My priorities are the quality of the ingredients (first cold pressing olive), respect for these ingredients, a product that is very gentle on the skin, nourishing and hydrating. The visual comes last for my priorities.
it's up to you to find your products that suit you. Knowing that the more you dig, the more there is to dig ........ socrates if you hear me :D
0 x
culbuto
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by culbuto » 11/03/13, 19:21

I hold a good soap base with milk etc, but I molded in collecting containers. Level aspect, not great.
And there I ended up finding a solution: make my cheap silicone molds.
tutorial on youtube, type cheap silicone mold.
I tested and it works! a half and half mixture of bathroom silicone and flour, kneaded, flattened. I stuck my owl in it and surrounded it with my dough. 2 hours later I turn out easy, it's flexible, all the details of feathers are there, and it will make me a soap for the children. I also admit ....... the circle is complete!
it only remains for me to make the donkey mold I dreamed of, with a donkey that stands out well!
0 x
bidouille23
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by bidouille23 » 11/03/13, 20:09

: XNUMX: Hi, and thank you culbuto it's super cool your thing to make the molds :) ...

I knew white spirit to dilute silicon;) practical for making waterproof fabrics :) ... or molds by casting.

Well diluted you can even spray it;) ... dosage 1 vol. of silicon 100 silicon (UV resistant for things that go outside;)) for 5 Vol of white without odor ...

more sticky = 1 vol of silicon for 3 of white

otherwise adjust the mixture as you want to have the desired consistency.

The advantage of casting molding is that you can make the shapes you want, a dry liver you make a cut and you take out the part of the mold ...

So you can make soaps of all shapes :) ... well almost lol ... this says everyone is free to choose their shape :) lolol

arff I'm stupid sometimes me ...

Otherwise my aunt uses it for her outdoor mozaique with loads of dust of what you want ...

seeing that I have a lot of metal dust in the workshop I have the idea one of these days to make a load with filings;) ...

short thank you Culbuto :)
0 x