Preheating by wind

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
BobFuck
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by BobFuck » 19/11/12, 16:42

> if I understand correctly, who says thermostat says `` obligatorily and minimally ''
> batteries to supply the thermostat with stable and constant 24vdc electricity.

no, a good old mechanical bimetallic strip (as in water heaters) is suitable.

so you would buy the wind turbine and the alternator but not the electronic controller?
0 x
CYRILR
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by CYRILR » 19/11/12, 18:17

no, a good old mechanical bimetallic strip (as in water heaters) is suitable. Okay, now I'm more comfortable :D

so you would buy the wind turbine and the alternator but not the electronic controller?
This seems to be looming, yes. Ideally, no batteries, no transformer. Wind turbine type, alternator, cable, heating element, that's it.

I also meditate on a trick to accumulate energy for 24 hours, kind of mega watch spring or counterweight system to compensate for the absence of batteries with a pendulum to balance the flow when no wind but in this plan I have no leads yet. I'm going to work on it.

A+

CYRIL
0 x
BobFuck
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by BobFuck » 19/11/12, 18:33

> Wind turbine type, alternator

Like, what kind of alternator? If it's a car, 50% yield so forget about it.

> I also meditate on a trick to accumulate energy for 24 hours,
> kind of mega watch spring

10 joules can lift 1kg from a height of 1m
1 kWh = 3600000 joules

if your wind turbine produces 10kWh during the day to store it in a spring it will be about the size of a train ...

if you want hot water, store in hot water : Mrgreen:
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 19/11/12, 19:02

the spring ? truly the energy storage solution of the future! compare a toy with a spring motor, or with an electric motor and cd battery or ... don't you have the impression that for the same weight the electric toy works 100 or 1000 times longer?

another comparison of the same kind, a quartz watch with a needle rotates its hands for 1 year with a tiny battery ... a good old spring watch must be wound every day

takes a big car suspension spring compresses it and measures the force

energy = 1/2 force x stroke

do the calculation and compare with the energy that can be put in a battery of the same weight .... the difference is huge

spring without interest
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 19/11/12, 19:39

why the thermostat would require a battery ... there are 36 types of existing thermostat, just put the right one

the simplest are the bimetal thermostat ... we said that they did not like the direct current 220V ... but your alternator will never make direct current ... even if it does not make the 50HZ sends the variable frequency and basta

well known it is not easy to understand with the dynamo of bicycle which are alternator ... and the alternator of car which make of the continuous one because the rectifier diode are assembled directly in the alternator

in a wind turbine it is not very smart to mount the rectifier diodes in the wind turbine: it is better to lower the 3 wires of the three-phase and put the rectifier with the rest of the electrical equipment
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 19/11/12, 20:16

you should not let yourself be impressed by the enormous power in high winds which are very rare
http://www.gual-statoeolien.com/Doctech.pdf

looking at the doc of a serious wind turbine we see that it does not put an alternator capable of using the strong wind which are too rare
http://www.vergnet.com/pdf/specs-mpc.pdf
we see that they put an alternator which reaches its maximum power for 13 or 14 m / s depending on the model, which proves that the stronger winds are too rare for us to make expenses to take advantage

with a conventional wind turbine, when this maximum wind is reached, it automatically reduces the incidence of the blades so as not to capture more power than you want, and reduce the effort on the mast

with your massive wind turbine there is no adjustment possible, it will have to be very solid to support the high wind: which makes the huge weight that we see on your doc ... and the weight makes the price

a classic wind turbine to do the same power at 15m / s will be much lighter

theoretical power of betz = 0,355 SV ^ 3 = 0,279 D ^ 2 V ^ 3

to make 1,3 kw at 15m / s if the efficiency and 0,65 you need a theoretical power of 1,3 / 0,65 = 2kW

D ^ 2 = 2000W / 0,279 (15m / s) ^ 3 = 2,12

D = root 2,12 = 1,457 m

there is nothing to hesitate about a 1,5m diameter propeller wind turbine will always be less expensive than a 4m diameter and 1,5m high thing

and yet another trap, the wind speed announced in the weather is measured at the top of a 10m mast without obstacle ... for a wind turbine to benefit from the same wind you have to set it to the obscale: when there is a house you have to put it at a double height from the house ... or 10 times the height of the house

putting the wind turbine on the roof of the house will give it a considerably weaker wind than the normal wind if it were better placed

the classic wind turbine is easy to put on a mast because it does not pull too hard ... the vertical axis wind turbine, larger for the same power would make catastrophic efforts on a mast ... and in addition does can do nothing to reduce the effort in high winds
0 x
CYRILR
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by CYRILR » 05/12/12, 03:23

Like, what kind of alternator? If it's a car, 50% yield so forget about it.
So what would be your suggestion for the alternator?

> I also meditate on a trick to accumulate energy for 24 hours,
> kind of mega watch spring.
OK, spring is not the idea of ​​the century :D but a counterweight system is feasible in the barn where it would be installed.

if you want hot water, store in hot water : Mrgreen:
This is a good idea to calculate the volume of water in the tank to cover, say, a week of preheating. Not easy!
0 x
CYRILR
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by CYRILR » 05/12/12, 03:30

the simplest are the bimetal thermostat ... we said that they did not like the direct current 220V ... but your alternator will never make direct current ... even if it does not make the 50HZ sends the variable frequency and basta
No danger of sending variable frequency AC to a bimetallic thermostat?

in a wind turbine it is not very smart to mount the rectifier diodes in the wind turbine: it is better to bring down the 3 wires of the three-phase and put the rectifier with the rest of the electrical equipment.
The wind turbine will be on the roof of the barn so easy to put all the paraphernalia below in a room fitted in the roof expressly for that. Anyway, if the thermostat and the heating element are not disturbed by frequency variations, I don't see the point of a rectifier. These are losses in addition to me. No ?
0 x
CYRILR
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by CYRILR » 05/12/12, 04:02

you should not let yourself be impressed by the enormous power in high winds which are very rare
http://www.gual-statoeolien.com/Doctech.pdf
I don't let myself be impressed, don't worry :D. If there will be 5m / s, on the roof, on average in winter or +/- 90 days, it will be normal or even good for the region and the season. The annual average is 5,5 m / s in the ZDE CC Pays de Meslay-Grez and CC du Pays de château-Gontier where the wind turbine will be installed

with your massive wind turbine there is no adjustment possible, it will have to be very solid to support the high wind: which makes the huge weight that we see on your doc ... and the weight makes the price
The barn is capable of supporting weight without causing it to fold an additional knee. It is a 17th century barn designed to have a split slate roof. Today with its sawn slate roof, we are able to add 50 tonnes on the back without her noticing.

a conventional wind turbine to do the same power at 15m / s will be much lighter.
Forget a conventional wind turbine for an installation at this place. Countryside, trees nearby and farm building with all that implies turbulence, a conventional wind turbine will never deliver the goods to a similar place
0 x
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 05/12/12, 09:05

Hello Cyril!

You answer to Dedeleco who will not be able to answer you because he was banned having not understood after a 2 week vacation the modo permanently struck him out at the request of several members including me!
8)

NB: he can still read your answer and itch to not be able to revive you!
: Mrgreen:
0 x
Stepping behind sometimes can strengthen friendship.
Criticism is good if added to some compliments.
Alain

Back to "hydraulic, wind, geothermal, marine energy, biogas ..."