Comparative table wood heating, oil, gas and pellets?

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
tomgey
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by tomgey » 27/01/12, 22:22

dedeleco wrote:The pellets to be stocked require more investment than wood, and they take up more space.

OK for the first part of the sentence.
But pellets that take up more space than wood, did you see that playing where Dede? I would like you to show me how a kWh of wood takes up less space than a kWh of pellets!
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 28/01/12, 05:31

tomgey wrote:But pellets that take up more space than wood, did you see that playing where Dede? I would like you to show me how a kWh of wood takes up less space than a kWh of pellets!

Especially fallen wood fell back ... I do not know where he lives Dédélco..But by my home there is not much to pick up, all that is firewood is selling. The town halls manage the sale of their tree sizes, private landowners are deforesting without any scruple, domaniniales forests is zero loss..my old was in forestry work during his 15 last years of taf ..I can guarantee that what it burned in its first years was valued otherwise at the end ... And now with the pellets ... it's really the misery that remains ... and it's not burned but crushed and leave on the spot for composting ... It is on it remains some sizes of deprived..but it will not quantify very far in matter of KW ...
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
kitikoi
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by kitikoi » 06/02/12, 09:29

Hello everybody

Avid reader of this forumbut poor poster, I just let you know the price of pellets I pay. I live in the Loire, near Saint Etienne. I have my boiler okofen since 3 years (the post on the monitoring of the operating time okofen is my bedside book), and I provided myself from the beginning at a manufacturer (not a dealer!). I pay the ton of pellet 187 € delivered ... I feel extremely lucky ..?
0 x
Lietseu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Lietseu » 06/02/12, 10:10

lejustemilieu wrote:
leboncaramel wrote:But then, why use pellet while the wood is much cheaper?

2 kilo pellet at 0.6 € = 10 KWh
2.5 Kilo of wood (beech) to 0.1975 € = 10 KWh

This system allows automation, simply :D (and also the temperature regulation)

And I would add that the performance of the best pellet stoves borders the 95% which is unimaginable in an ordinary wood stove, except of course if you buy a Scandinavian stove or a faience stove at a price higher than average order of magnitude from 2000 € to 10.000 € each!

Meow
0 x
By removing Human Nature, he was far from his nature! Lietseu
"The power of love, must be stronger than the love of power" contemporary Lie Tzu?
One sees clearly only with the heart, the essential is invisible to the eyes ...
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 06/02/12, 10:18

Finally, when we observe :D
I see a lot of people buying some bags of pellets in brico.
These people have a small pellet stove, cheaper than the oil stove, and as they have no place, they go every two days to get their heating.
The wood is excluded, no place to store 5 or 10 wood steres.
In short, it's not the best for them because they often have to use their car to get their pellets. But they felt it was cheaper than fuel oil.
0 x
Man is by nature a political animal (Aristotle)
Lietseu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Lietseu » 06/02/12, 15:45

Well seen!

I am "lucky" to have a 1.5m / 4m terrace where I can put 500kg of fuel, I tried the wood in small quantities it is very expensive and then as I bought myself an old one burns everything quality, at a very low price, I tried anthracite and there, revelation! the ton of good quality costs almost 2 x more expensive (400-500 €) than the products of department store but the coal lasts two X longer!

10kg of the coal merchant - German origin - lasts 16H00!
10kg of South Africa origin? from China? only lasts 9 / 10H00!

In addition, the second generates more ash, so we order from the "little" merchant and we have European quality which heats and lasts and in addition we are delivered to home and in a 10kg paper bag!
And they go upstairs and store everything for you ... any benefit since there is more, no dirty handling, the bag of 10kg returns from the top of the stove in whole, no dust and excellent performance :P
QED

Meow and best regards :P
0 x
By removing Human Nature, he was far from his nature! Lietseu

"The power of love, must be stronger than the love of power" contemporary Lie Tzu?

One sees clearly only with the heart, the essential is invisible to the eyes ...