Search witnesses living next to a wind farm

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 11/11/11, 21:38

In addition, if we only talk about noise, a nuclear power plant is rather noisy. There is a continuous hum which is far from pleasant.
It had marked me when I was going to see friends who live near Cattenom.
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 11/11/11, 21:50

The steam coming out and the engines, it is noisy, in spurts sometimes strong for several kilometers !!
0 x
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 12/11/11, 12:27

Christophe wrote:
Leo Maximus wrote:Be careful, it all depends on the wind turbine because there are very noisy wind turbines like those installed in Cap Corse, we hear them several kilometers away! And there are very silent wind turbines like those of the Bouin wind farm in Vendée, much larger however, which make very very little noise despite their 85 m in diameter and their 2,5 MW.

Those of Cap Corse are, to my knowledge, already 20 years old ... I believe that the project dates from 1991 ... to be checked.

I passed there several times and the noise did not shock me ... (at least from the D80), in Bouin I also passed and I was there at the foot of the wind turbines and there we can hear a kind of "alternative whistle" ... which, even in a tent pitched at the foot of the wind turbine, one could get used to quite quickly I think ...

Cuicui wrote:The meaning: looking for witnesses living next to a wind farm (a verb, not an adjective). But hey, I guess everyone understands.

+1

Cap Corse or Bouin is Nordex! The same builder.

In Cap Corse it dates from 2000:

http://www.thewindpower.net/champ-eolien-83.php

And Bouin from 2003:

http://www.thewindpower.net/windfarm_fr_1_bouin.php

At Cap Corse, AMHA, the noise does not come from the blades but from the machinery. At the Mattei mill, at 1500 meters, (measured on Google Earth) the noise should be between 40 and 50 dB at the unweighted pifometer (so that's between 0,28 and 2,8 acoustic watts). It's okay, but it can bother old maids if the environment is calm.

Cap Corse park seen from Moulin Mattei (July 2011):

In the case of Bouin park, where the wind turbines are gigantic, you really have to be at their feet to hear something.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 14/11/11, 09:56

jlt22 wrote:Their arguments are in my opinion sometimes far-fetched.

And especially see the CV of the founders, leaders and members of this association ...
0 x