Problem on isolated solar hybrid website / wind skystream 3.7

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
stevenlou
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by stevenlou » 19/10/11, 23:08

Hi,
I come back to give you some news on the connection of my skystream. After numerous investigations it appears that this wind turbine cannot be grafted onto my solar installation. I am therefore forced to put it back on sale.
I wanted to thank everyone who gave a little of their time and skills to try to help me.
Steven
0 x
141R
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by 141R » 22/11/11, 11:40

Hello everybody

I am also in complete autonomy in search of a turbine to replace mine and your subject appeals to me ...
I'm looking for a Skystream or Raum machine (everything except vertical or horizontal furling).

I work by a Sunny Island mini network system, so I have a permanence of 230V, my sources are a Suny Boy 3000 (PV) and a 3800 turbine mode for the fan.

My question: in this case, could a skystream work? would the phase be synchronized? and especially ! what about surplus energy !!!

The SB manage the surplus by stopping the supply due to an alteration of the phase controlled by the Sunny Island, the excess will heat the atmosphere via the regulator of the wind turbine.

is there any feedback from this configuration

THANK YOU

cordially

141R
0 x
stevenlou
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by stevenlou » 22/11/11, 20:10

good evening everyone
I crossed your message 141 R
The skystream can work perfectly on sunny island. after recent contact with the manufacturer in arizona I had many very precise information and the Sunny island is in the list of inverters recommended for the use of the wind turbine in battery charge mode.
The surplus production goes to a load shedding device of your choice, water heater or radiator often, that also appears in the manufacturer's instructions. it's in English and a bit tricky to decipher but you can find it by going to the official southwestenergy website, under "technical support"
For my part edf does not allow me to change my inverter against a sunnyboy type charger inverter. This is the reason why I put my skystream on sale. If it interests you it is new and not expensive. Here is my email:
stevenloubeau@yahoo.fr
Even if you are not interested, I would be happy to have your email to exchange information on hybrid sites, we are pretty little in this case ...
Good evening to you and everyone forum.
Steven
0 x
chowney
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Re: skystream 3.7 solar/wind hybrid isolated site problem

by chowney » 30/04/23, 15:03

Hello Stevenlou,

I also bought this wind turbine in addition to PV panels. I want to connect it to the batteries and stop it as soon as they are full.
I am looking for the O/N connector device that will allow me to do this.
As you mentioned in a message, did you manage to do this and could you tell me what equipment you used for this?
I'm stuck not finding the model I need.

Did the intended hookup work for you?

Thanks for your advices.

Edu
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 01/05/23, 00:19

chowney wrote:Hello Stevenlou,

I also bought this wind turbine in addition to PV panels. I want to connect it to the batteries and stop it as soon as they are full.
I am looking for the O/N connector device that will allow me to do this.
As you mentioned in a message, did you manage to do this and could you tell me what equipment you used for this?
I'm stuck not finding the model I need.

Did the intended hookup work for you?

Thanks for your advices.

Edu
Hello,
He didn't come on the forum since 2011. Have you tried sending him an email?

If I understood correctly, it is a grid wind turbine.
The only solution would be to tweak by connecting before the network inverter incorporated into the machine. For that it would be necessary the internal diagram, but as it is not manufactured any more for a long time, that seems mission impossible.
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 01/05/23, 10:34

Not completely impossible with pictures of the disassembled machine.
The diagram of a permanent magnet generator is known.
It is most of the time a three-phase alternator followed by a rectifier bridge.

The regulation in this case is made by the "network inverter" electronic card which regulates according to what comes from the network.

The rectifier does not necessarily exist in this case, it would be necessary to add an external one, connected directly to the windings and a contactor to isolate it from the inverter circuit.

Depending on the DC DC voltage at the output of the rectifier, an MPPt charge regulator will be required at the input and adapted to the batteries at the output.
wind turbine modification.gif
modif éolienne.gif (7.78 KiB) Viewed 1294 times
1 x