Problem on isolated solar hybrid website / wind skystream 3.7

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 11/10/11, 15:08

the img tag is useless, it prevents to click on the pdf ... it makes it necessary to make a copy paste of the url of the pdf ...

the pdf is legibly readable ... this shema is very sad: no charge current regulation depending on the available power of the group or the wind turbine ... it looks like a charger planned for the normal network edf ... this kind of charger only takes care of the battery

for a generator it works because the power of the group is known just choose the right charger ... except when the group is used for something else, the charger does not know how to adapt to the remaining power

for the wind turbine the charger may consume more than the wind turbine does not provide ... it will work anyway because the UPS will provide the complement but it's a bit sad: for example if the charger consumes 3kw that the wind turbine provided 2kw the inverter will take to the battery 1kw ... if all these element were lossless the battery will receive 3kw from the charger - 1kw from the inverter = 2kw from the wind turbine

but if the charger has a poor performance it is possible that the inverter consumes more than the charger does not load

it would be very useful to find a reversible inverter directly feeder function by adapting to the power available on the local network
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 11/10/11, 16:32

Chatelot16's answer confirms what I feared. However, I saw that this machine could also be used in island application. would not it be smart to ask the question to the manufacturer, who sells or knows maybe an ad-hoc adapter or alos will propose to split the batteries into 2 blocks.
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
stevenlou
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by stevenlou » 11/10/11, 17:11

Well, the least we can say is that I'm dealing with cadors. you seem to know what you are talking about and it feels good.
If I summarize, according to you Chatelot, I can connect the system as is without risk for my inverter, only I risk being disappointed by the production of which a large part will be puffed by the charger. I specify that when my generator is running, it may have a capacity of 6000 w, the charger comes to take only 1500w. I think it's its maximum load capacity and it will be the same when I plug the wind turbine in the ass ... I imagine that the wind turbine will regulate this demand. You advise me a reversible inverter, do you have models to advise me?
As for you Elephant, you advise me an ad-hoc adapter, can you tell me what it is and what function do you consider him on my installation?
In any case can I plug in?
thank you for your availability
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 11/10/11, 18:04

the charger does not eat the production, it puts it in the battery

the goal would be to put a maximum ... aparament he does not already do with the group that could do 6000w and that the charger takes only 1500, which requires to rotate the group much longer than neccessaire

I do not follow the good person to advise you an inverter model ... they are all too expensive for me ... I just what I make

I see for a long time the need for a good inverter that I call reversible, able to transfer energy in the 2 meaning to serve as a charger, and especially to be able to put in the battery all the available power, even if it is variable like a wind turbine, photovoltaic, or a generator whose variable part is consumed by the local network

I do not know if this kind of gear already exists ... in any case I am trying to make mine ... alas it is not yet salable
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 11/10/11, 18:15

Stevenlou said:

As for you Elephant, you advise me an ad-hoc adapter, can you tell me what it is and what function do you consider him on my installation?
In any case can I plug in?

Above all, you plug nothing at all now! You see with the supplier or its importer if they do not have a gadget adapted to your situation.
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
stevenlou
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by stevenlou » 11/10/11, 19:17

Thanks to you two. I will wait before plugging in but your info is precious to me. I come back to you as soon as I know more and stay tuned if you have new leads.
See you soon. Steven
0 x
stevenlou
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by stevenlou » 12/10/11, 11:59

Hello, I'm coming back to you to submit an idea about my problem. As we said, the scheme I am considering to connect my wind turbine to my solar installation is more to the snake biting its tail since I plug the production of the wind turbine on my charger to charge my batteries but also on my inverter for fetch 220 Vac needed to unlock the blades of the wind turbine. My main fear was to damage my inverter by this double input that I created.
I searched on the net devices capable of creating 220 vac to avoid taking it out of my UPS and I came across small solar kits consisting of a panel, a regulator, an inverter and a battery. These kits provide 220 Vac at prices that remain affordable.
Do you think I could dedicate one of these small kits to the exclusive supply of 220 vac for my wind turbine?
If so, I do not think I need a big system, the skystream just needs to detect 220, I do not think it consumes ... Can you confirm it?
Another thousand thanks for your support. Steven
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 12/10/11, 12:52

your wind turbine has only 2 output wire and it will not consume power, it will provide ... out any simple inverter does not like to be provided with energy by its output

with standard devices you need both an inverter and a charger ... but the charger consumes what it wants regardless of what is available ... so the inverter must provide the complement if the charger consome more than the wind turbine produces ... it's a stupid can but it works

on the other hand if the wind turbine produces more than the charger consomme, problem for the inverter, it receives energy by its output and disjuncts if it is well done, or grid if it is a m ...

be careful with a regular battery charger: when it finds that the battery is full it reduces its power to almost zero even if the wind turbine continues to produce, and therefore the inverter will receive all the power by its output

your case is not easy to solve with standard elements

remains to know if the reversible inverter that I am doing exists already ... or if there is already material adapted to your case in the trade

the classic solution without inventing anything is to dismantle the wind turbine to eliminate its inverter and find a charger adapted to the internal voltage of the wind turbine and the battery
0 x
stevenlou
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by stevenlou » 12/10/11, 13:57

Ok, if I summarize my idea of ​​providing 220 vac to my wind turbine with an independent solar kit it does not work.
And you raise a new problem, the one that if my charger does not engulf all the production of the wind turbine, the current not consumed will return to the wind turbine and blow up its inverter ... that's it?
You advise me to intervene in the head of the wind turbine to unplug the UPS, is it easy for an amateur electrician like me ...?
I miss the desperation with all this ... would not it be easier to sell this wind to buy a better suited?
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 12/10/11, 15:10

any depand at what price you bought it ... in general it always sells cheaper

of course buying a wind turbine naturally made to charge a battery is the easiest way to avoid tinkering

to remove the inverter from the wind turbine is it easy? I can not guess without dismounting the wind turbine
0 x