Photovoltaics to turn my solar installation?

Forum solar photovoltaic PV and solar electricity generation from direct radiation solar energy.
epfyffer
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Photovoltaics to turn my solar installation?

by epfyffer » 05/10/11, 07:45

Hello,

Here, my solar installation is now almost functional! It's the big day, the installation has been running since yesterday and the circulator should start up in a few minutes, as soon as the sun has heated the panels enough :-) (cf. http://www.pouleto.ch/solaire)

A very simple question now: as my installation requires only a circulator (60w), is it unimaginable to install a photovoltaic solar panel to power this circulator, and therefore have total autonomy for the production of my hot water (DHW) and heating)? Since the circulator will only run on sunny days, the photovoltaic should be able to be supplied on these days, right?

Illusory or possible ??

Thank you in advance for your suggestions :-)
0 x
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 05/10/11, 08:54

yes but the circulator is probably a 230VAC and not a low voltage. a circulator directly compatible with the panel voltage is required.
0 x
Click my signature
Did67

by Did67 » 05/10/11, 09:49

Yes and .... it will cost you dearly! And will therefore seal the "financial return" of your installation.

That said, 60 W is a lot! Are there not multiple speeds? See if it can run on the lowest, with much lower power !!!

And that said, if you want to be "purist", not to mention ...
0 x
Gaston
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gaston » 05/10/11, 10:40

As it would also be necessary to supply the regulator which is also at 230VAC, the simplest would be to go through an inverter.

For correct operation in gray weather, it would be necessary to oversize the panel, which will cause wastage in good weather and therefore even worse profitability ...

It all depends on your goal:
- to save electricity: it is simpler and more efficient to decorrelate photovoltaic production from the thermal installation (you can at least use all of the photovoltaic production).
- to make the thermal installation autonomous: in this case, it can be interesting.

Note: by supplying the circulator directly with photovoltaics, there is no longer any real need for a regulator or temperature sensors: the regulator starts when there is sunshine so the panels are necessarily hot ...
0 x
epfyffer
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by epfyffer » 05/10/11, 10:45

the goal is rather to raise the question than to realize it, at least to know what would be the points to be taken into consideration for a possible realization ...

For the regulation indeed for the part when starting the sun could be a good natural trigger, but it would still be necessary to manage the cut in the event of overheating, there the regulator 230v is necessary ...

But indeed, it seems to be not just a plug and play ...!

For the consumption of the circulator I have 18m2 of panels, and I am in speed 2 out of 3. I would have to test speed 1 too but for this start-up I don't want to overheat direct with a too pronounced lowflow .. .
0 x

http://www.pouleto.ch/solaire

Our small contribution to a greener world ...
Did67

by Did67 » 08/10/11, 17:59

epfyffer wrote:
For the consumption of the circulator I have 18m2 of panels, and I am in speed 2 out of 3. I would have to test speed 1 too but for this start-up I don't want to overheat direct with a too pronounced lowflow .. .

OKAY. So yes, that seems reasonable to me!
0 x
Regismu
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Regismu » 15/10/11, 20:27

Bonsoir

why not consider squarely a photovoltaic installation to consume its production and not buy more than "the essential" .... and going as far as the goal of reasoning to a supplier of green electricity such as Enercoop or planet yes : Mrgreen:
0 x