Vegetables, eat cabbage! Anti oxidant, anti cancer ...

Consumption and sustainable and responsible diet tips daily to reduce energy and water consumption, waste ... Eat: preparations and recipes, find healthy food, seasonal and local conservation information food ...
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 10/04/13, 10:29

Obamot hello
In broad outline it is that with some nuances.
If we reason in terms of “balanced food bowl”, this must be constitutive of a “complete bowl” according to - for example - the proportions decreed by the WHO in IU (International Unit).

A balanced food bowl is only a view of the mind intended for dieticians to give them an abstract basis. To the notion of balanced food bowl, it is more rational to say food bowl varied with all the difficulties of defining the meaning of varied too, but more accessible to the Lambda consumer.
Even for meat, the quantity officially recommended, should not exceed once or twice a week (from memory), beyond that it is everyone who takes their responsibilities (as with tobacco and alcohol ...).

The disadvantage of this reasoning is that of advertising " a good day, three good morning the damage Who considers that the reasonable is a concept understandable by all whereas it is the opposite, each thinking that his reasonable, to him, is the good. For those who smoke 2 packs a day, 10 cigarettes will seem reasonable. While the reasonable is 0! But as you say, everyone takes responsibility (provided they are sufficiently informed, which is rare)
So it's good to remember a few points, even dangers of this thread at this stage:

I don't take them back, but you're right outside of it
- and finally the most subtle of all (and scientifically proven), to eat something "just because it is good for the health", it is sometimes to force oneself, precisely because it would be prejudged as "good". However, it has been proven that forcing yourself to eat something causes a defensive reaction which makes it indigestible (or something), and this by the secretion of "products" by the body, which can in extreme cases up to to cause the subject's death! There are other cases (not specific to the assimilation of food) such as certain "psychic stress" which can also cause the death of a subject by cardiac arrest, via the release / secretion of "product / s" analogues ( and spontaneously by the human body) it is a paradoxical state, of a subject who has not been listened to !!!

There it is more subtle too! Some people consume only certain foods and not others for lack of taste, but also more frequently by culture and habit. So it is not a question of gorging on "anti all you want" foods, but of gradually introducing one or more specific foods with the desired virtues (it is better than swallowing drugs, presumed to be good, for the same effect) since taste is formed and deformed.
From there, you have to watch out for any type of obligation, restriction or whatever, since it generates a disturbing type of “stress”. So, saying to myself I eat that because "it's good for health" is not enough! If it is so much the better, but never forget the concept of DESIRE / PLEASURE to eat, which are just as important as what we eat (since it makes us salivate rather in one way than another in depending on the food, the smell, its appearance, its taste, and that the pre-digestion begins in the mouth)!

Unfortunately, many people salivate for destructive and more serious products like sugar, alcohol, coffee, salt, spices or MacDo rather than cabbage, for example. But your reasoning remains true as long as the consumer is well informed, but what information? For my example (but I am not the only one in this case) before becoming VG, I consumed almost only pasta, potatoes, meat, rare fruits and I had to “force myself” to consume other plants. Once the transition period has passed, we realize not only that we can consume almost everything but, moreover, with pleasure; otherwise we are left with bad destructive habits for the most part.
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 10/04/13, 10:58

Yes, yes and yes. (Note, that I did mention an example.)

Besides, you didn't "force yourself" so much, but rather a little constrained. It's not the same, since your "personal choice" had already been made (I presume).

Yes again for your re-framing on taste.

Note in passing that since the taste is supposed to inform us (and if indeed it is called upon to be guided, since this is where it happens), then it is also supposed to distance us significantly from this which is harmful *

*(as long as we are in a "constructive" logic, because if he does not inform us it is therefore that a pathology is more deeply installed. Since indeed, those who have an addiction are attracted by what destroys them: the consumption of sugar-white-poison leads to a search for a sweeter taste up to type II diabetes, ditto with smoking, alcoholism, etc.)
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 10/04/13, 12:42

Besides, you didn't "force yourself" so much, but rather a little constrained
It's subtle there too!
on duty : 8 synonyms.
Synonyms: cornered, subject, condemned, constrained, demanded, imposed, obliged, subject.

It's not the same, since your "personal choice" had already been made (I presume).
Yes, but between making a choice and realizing it, there is a long way to go and starting to consume products whose taste does not flatter your habits, it requires efforts that are not rewarded until after a some time by a better being (a bit like for sport)
Yes again for your re-framing on taste.
Note in passing that since the taste is supposed to inform us (and if indeed it is called upon to be guided, since this is where it happens), then it is also supposed to distance us significantly from this which is harmful.
In theory only, but practice makes it difficult to lose taste habits. Hence means such as fasting of medium or long duration which "disconnects" habits and brings back a more physiological taste. Take the example of sugar: if you ban it for a while in preparations, its presence again makes the product disgusting, but if you continue the memory wakes up and the taste is immediately reperverted. The same goes for salt, pepper, vinegar and other alcohols, meat, tobacco or other drugs.
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 10/04/13, 14:45

None of your "synonyms" does suggest the intervention of apersonal will»Prior. Is it an express fact? : Cheesy: Is it so hard to take a Siamese for an 'if mine'? : Mrgreen:

Janic wrote:there is a long way to go and begin to consume products whose taste does not flatter his habits [...] practice makes it difficult to lose taste habits [...]

This has NEVER happened to me. All the more so in just two months, your taste faculties have changed. So no interest in "forcing" yourself.

Janic wrote:Hence means such as fasting of medium or long duration which "disconnects" habits and brings back a more physiological taste.

Totally opposed to this type of "extreme" method, the result of which will not last. On the other hand, you can easily trigger cancer in some subjects, more surely than with any accumulation of toxins, because suddenly you create a shock and cause an imbalance. Must go molo. Maintaining a 1-day fast, then gradually adopting a suitable food bolus - but with things to your liking - helps restore good digestion: but that alone is not so easy to achieve in practice.

Janic wrote:Take the example of sugar: if you ban it for a while in preparations, its presence again makes the product disgusting, but if you continue the memory wakes up and the taste is immediately reperverted. The same goes for salt, pepper, vinegar and other alcohols, meat, tobacco or other drugs.

Well then, it's good that everyone makes their choice ...! There is nothing you can do, the first withdrawal is of this order (mental): if that is not related to a "individual choice"Then I don't know what it is Image

If the human being runs only after his desires, without respecting what he eats, he runs to his loss. It is a responsibility to correct mistakes, but how to do it without the full will of the parties !!!
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 10/04/13, 17:09

Totally opposed to this type of "extreme" method, the result of which will not last.

everyone has their choices! But that does not hold when it is considered as an end and not as a means and, from experience, I have found that on the contrary it holds over time when it is a personal choice and everything revolves around that! The constraints are the fact of the medical profession and therefore of the official dieticians, not of the others.
On the other hand you can easily start cancer in certain subjects, more surely than with any accumulation of toxins, because suddenly you create a shock and cause an imbalance. You have to go soft.

Highly improbable since fasting is used to eliminate cancer, but this can actually bring to the surface pathologies buried by "anti" treatments.
Already holding a fast for 1 day, then gradually adopting a suitable food bowl - but with things to your taste - can restore good digestion: but that alone, is not as easy to achieve in practice.
Except urgent pathology, the fasts are done progressively. Your method will simply extend over a longer period of time for changing tastes ... or never when the person "doesn't like"!
None of your "synonyms" suggests the intervention of a prior "personal will". Is it on purpose?
It is simply because I am not the one writing the dictionaries! :D Then (again the problem of words and their meaning), I do not use the term will which underlies a form of constraint, but of choice and a choice does the opposite, it is liberating.
I had the same problem in the sessions of helping smokers where "having will" kept coming back in their mouths and I had to show them that it was not a question of will, but of choice and even for people "lacking will" it worked!
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 10/04/13, 18:27

janic, whom i find it hard to follow wrote:I don't use the term "will"which underlies a form of constraint

Therefore "against his will" means what? The total absence of constraint ?! : Mrgreen: : Cheesy:

Tèkitisy Janic, it's good 8)

Janic wrote:I had the same problem in the sessionshelp smokers where "having will" kept coming back in their mouths and I had to show them that it was not a question of will, but of choice and even for people "lacking will" it worked!

How did you do it for help? Make them choose their brand to taste? (( : Lol: )
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 10/04/13, 19:40

janic, whom i find it hard to follow wrote:
I do not use the term "will" which implies a form of constraint.
So what does "against his will" mean? The total absence of constraint ?!
It is all in the commonly accepted wording and meaning that people bring to words.
But after reflection, the formulation would rather be " which underlies, a tension, an effort »
How did you help them?
It's a secret, of course! But a clue: use of aikido techniques (those who practice it will understand me)!
Make them choose their brand to taste?
Ouarf! : Cheesy: Rather to taste than to taste, of course. : Evil:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 22/07/13, 10:47

Another infographic:

0 x
moinsdewatt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by moinsdewatt » 22/07/13, 11:27

Eating nuts lowers the risk of cancer and heart disease

Nuts are said to be an excellent food for health. Scientists have just shown that their consumption, even more than that of other hard-shelled fruits, reduces the risk of cardiovascular disease and cancer, and more generally mortality.

read in Futura Sciences: http://www.futura-sciences.com/magazine ... eur-47868/

That's good, it's been several years that I eat a lot of nuts. (Walnuts Image )
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 23/07/13, 23:39

After the Nuts, the mango!

Mango (Mangifera indica) is one of the most widely grown fruits in the tropics and has become a staple in many households. The fruit is generally sweet but you will find that different varieties provide your taste buds with very different flavors. The texture of the mango also varies according to the different species. Some have a soft, luscious texture, while others have a firmer and more fibrous texture. Mangoes contain many phytochemicals and nutrients, and is rich in dietary prebiotic fiber, vitamin C, beta-carotene (responsible for the production of vitamin A) and a wide range of polyphenols. Please continue reading to discover the miraculous benefits of our fruity friend, Mango!

Cancer prevention:
Mango (Mangifera indica) possess antioxidants which help protect against diseases such as cancer, diabetes, liver disorders and oxidative stress. One study found that mango has hepatic properties (ability to prevent liver damage) in human hepatocarcinoma cells (liver cancer cells). Mango extract significant antioxidant property demonstrated and effective in trapping free radicals. They also protected liver cells from chemo-induced damage. Another study found that the flesh and skin of mangoes and bioactive compounds found in these areas of the fruit were effective in inhibiting the proliferation of cancer cells in the human breast in vitro. In addition, researchers at Texas A&M University looked at the anticarcinogenic effects of polyphenols from different varieties of mangoes (Francis, Kent, Ataulfo, Tommy Atkins, and Haden). They studied the effects of mango on cancer cell lines including leukemia, lung, breast, prostate, and colon cancer cell lines, as well as a colon cell line non cancerous. extracts from all varieties of mango show effective inhibition of cell growth in the colon cancer cell lines, where Ataulfo ​​and Haden have demonstrated the great antioxidant capacities followed by Kent, Francis and Tommy Atkins. The leukemia cells were more effectively eliminated by Ataulfo ​​and Haden, followed by breast, lung, and prostate cancer cells by decreasing the effectiveness. In fact, Ataulfo ​​inhibits the growth of colon cancer cells by almost 72%! Furthermore, the growth of colon cancer non-cancerous cancer cells was not inhibited, suggesting that mango is possible to effectively select and destroy cancer cells and will not interfere with normal cell growth. These mango extracts inhibited cancer growth mainly due to their ability to increase the expression of mRNA from pro-apoptotic biomarkers and regulators of the cell cycle. stopping the cell cycle and reducing the production of reactive oxygen species improves vision: Mango are excellent for our vision! Why? Mainly because they contain vitamin A. Vitamin A deficiency can cause nyctalopia (night blindness), night blindness (daylight blindness), xerophthalmia (the eyes fail to produce tears), and even blindness itself. The carotenoid pigments in mangoes, in particular, beta-carotene provides the highest activity of vitamin A. Haden and Tommy Atkins have lower beta-carotene levels than Palmer and Uba, but they continue to provide our bodies with the vitamin A we need (whatever variety you choose - if you had the choice, I would go for Palmer and Uba, however, the most common varieties of mangoes in the store are Tommy Atkins - it also depends on the time of year too). What Vitamin A Improve Our Vision? Vitamin A is a molecule in the retina that transforms light energy into nerve impulses inside the retina matrix. It helps maintain the health and repair of the mucous membranes of the eye, and thus helps protect the cornea and the surface of the eye, and prevents dry eye. 100 grams of mango provides 765mg or 25% of our daily vitamin A requirement! If you ate four mangoes, you would have your daily vitamin A intake around 100% - and eating four mangoes is incredibly easy - they just taste so amazing, and the benefits you get are incredible. Rich in copper: Did you know that mangoes are rich in copper? Trace elements such as copper are often paid very little attention, although they have excellent benefits for our health and well-being. Of course, mangoes grown in soils that are richer in copper contain high levels of copper, but in general, mangoes do contain sufficient amounts of copper to have an impact on human health. copper is essential in supporting many biochemical life processes such as cellular respiration, the use and transport of oxygen by the blood, DNA and RNA reproduction, maintaining the integrity of cell membranes , and eradicate free radicals via cascade enzyme systems like cytochrome c oxidase and superoxide dismutase (6) which helps reduce the risk of cancer and slows down the aging process. The production of red blood cells also depends on the presence of copper. Improves sex life: Eating mango will provide you with flexible amounts of vitamin E - just one cup of mango gives us more than 2 mg of vitamin E - multiply by four cups (which can easily fit into a salad) and you get up 8 mg of vitamin E. It is recommended that you consume 15mg of vitamin E per day, so eating the mango will allow you to increase your vitamin E levels. Besides keeping our skin soft and supple, how does Vitamin E help improve a person's sex life? Vitamin E regulates the sex hormones in the body and helps boost libido, which increases attraction, mood and desire. Most men and women who get adequate vitamin E levels experience more sexual energy and pleasure in touch and more powerful and frequent orgasms. The cause of female sexual dysfunction is excess estrogen - interestingly, Vitamin E (600 to 800 IU per day) helps a woman's body produce estriol and progesterone which helps balance estrogen, and bring thus elevated estrogen levels to their normal levels. Body alkalizes: producing acidic foods that are very acidic (such as meat, dairy and eggs, processed foods, coffee, white sugar and alcohol) can cause the body to not function at its prime state, leading to illness and disease (7). Numerous studies over the years have correlated acidic environments with perfect prosperous cancer conditions (8, 9, 10), so it is essential that we maintain an alkaline state in the body by eating a diet rich in foods that promote an effect alkaline on the body (i.e., fruits, vegetables, nuts and seeds). Mango is a perfect example of a fruit that alkalizes the body. It is considered an alkalizing food, so that when you eat, the end products of digestion and assimilation of nutrients will result in alkaline ash which gets buffered. Since mango is so alkaline, our buffer system doesn't need to work as hard as if we ate a steak, which can more burden our buffers, and turn to other areas of the body such as the bones take advantage of calcium stores which can lead to osteoporosis. Muscle also has the ability to break down in an acidic body, so that alkalizing muscle amino acids can help support our buffer system and bring our pH to normal levels. . This translates into muscle wasting So, eating alkaline fruits and vegetables (all fruits and vegetables This is, in fact, the most basic is lemon The effect it has in the body is the opposite of its label - sour fruit does not mean. that they have acidic effects in the body) improves digestion: Mangoes contain 25 grams of fiber per fruit, which represents about 20% of our daily fiber intake. Fiber helps fill the stomach and intestines and stimulates healthy muscle contractions which food moves smoothly through the gastrointestinal tract. Fiber absorbs water in the intestines and collects waste products which helps create smooth and regular bowel movements. It helps prevent constipation and diarrhea. digestive enzymes are crucial for a healthy digestive tract - and mangoes contain just that. They contain a similar digestive enzyme like papaya, called papain, which soothes the digestive system and helps break down proteins and fats.

Lowers cholesterol:

esters of vegetable stanols (such as those of mango) are very effective in reducing LDL ("bad" cholesterol). They inhibit the absorption of cholesterol by the intestine in humans. Esters of vegetable stanols at around 2-3 grams per day are effective in reducing LDL cholesterol by 10-15%. Mangoes are also rich in vitamin C commands, transforming cholesterol into bile acids in the liver and helps reduce the buildup of cholesterol in blood serum and the liver. Vitamin C also works to reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease via high HDL-HDL 2 cholesterol and plasma, which helps to increase our good cholesterol while reducing our bad cholesterol. Pectin also helps lower cholesterol levels, and mangoes contain significant amounts of this type of fiber. Pectin is a form of soluble fiber and has been shown to provide cholesterol-lowering benefits. One study found that mean serum cholesterol levels dropped significantly when participants consumed up to 36 grams of pectin over a two-week period. Pectin can lower cholesterol levels by preventing glucose from being absorbed from the intestine, thereby preventing spikes in blood sugar and high triglyceride levels. It's gel-like consistency also acts as a physical barrier in the gut to prevent absorption and circulation of cholesterol levels in the gastrointestinal tract. improves memory and concentration: mangoes contain glutamine which turns into glutamic acid in the brain and becomes an important excitatory neurotransmitter which has many benefits for our memory and concentration. Glutamic acid stimulates glutamate receptors in the brain which helps in long-term hippocampal potentiation and memory processing. Glutamic acid is also thought to play a role in alertness, which is beneficial for children at school who have trouble concentrating, or for people who are unable to concentrate and / or concentrate. on projects / work for long periods of time. In addition, mango extracts and their antioxidants called mangiferin, have the ability to prevent the glutamate-induced excitotoxicity of neurons in the cerebral cortex. In general, Mangiferin is a neuroprotective that has therapeutic potential to treat neurodegenerative disorders such as dementia that can develop in Alzheimer's disease. Mangana Smoothie Recipe: 3 mangoes, peeled and cubed 3 bananas, peeled 1 cup young thai coconut fresh water 2 sprigs of mint leaves 3-4 kale stalks (stems removed, with leaves left on) Place kale, leaves mint and young thai coconut water in a blender and mix until smooth (it's ok if your blender is not incredibly strong and there are a few small pieces left on). Then place in the fruit (mango and banana) and a pulse mixture (to reduce oxidation) until mixing evenly.

http://www.naturalcuresnotmedicine.com/
0 x

Back to "Sustainable consumption: responsible consumption, diet tips and tricks"