Make a vertical wind turbine to generator

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
MatEA57
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by MatEA57 » 07/04/11, 16:03

Thanks for the explanation!

An oscilloscope is in the 200 € the case for pc so c hesitant.
Otherwise there is through the audio input, but you have to tinker with a small LF attenuation assembly.

Ok, so the pole + which passes on the 2 sides of the coil causes in the order + 0 - and the reverse for the pole -

and when the 2 different poles are half on the ring?
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 07/04/11, 16:21

The fields of all the magnets are added, then the time derivative of this field is calculated to obtain the voltage.
It is even more complicated because the total field is a function according to the position in the coil and it is necessary to calculate the integral of its flux through the coil, then then calculate the time derivative.
From where beautiful equations and integrals for computer.

If the field of the magnets juxtaposed is quasi sinusoidal, then the tension will also be cosine.
0 x
MatEA57
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by MatEA57 » 08/04/11, 00:02

bidouille23 had written:
"4/3 = 1.33 magnet for a coil equal coils of the same size"

For a good signal balance, should I understand that the magnet must exceed 1/3 on the side of the coil when the others are in the middle?
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 08/04/11, 00:59

No, carefully analyze the signals of each coil and how they add up on all the coils connected together (one third of the coils) with each seeing the same field created by all the magnets, otherwise beautiful salad and opposing and lost tensions.

Look at the example in detailed pdf of non-round coils.
The coils can also have a distance between them different from that of the magnets.
0 x
MatEA57
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by MatEA57 » 08/04/11, 01:18

Okay so the main thing is that the 3 thirds is placed the same!

The width of the magnets protruding is not important as long as the gaps between the magnets are regular!

It's just ?
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 08/04/11, 01:29

It is more complex than that, inside a third the magnets must also have provisions giving the same field on each coil, to think carefully so that it is sinusoidal in phase.
Otherwise weird, even chaotic effects.
0 x
MatEA57
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by MatEA57 » 08/04/11, 01:41

When I think that magnetizing magnets is not 100% the same for everyone :?

A gaussmeter is expensive for odds and ends!
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 08/04/11, 03:40

We can make a cheap one with Hall effect sensor (Conrad not digital rev counter) or rotating coil on a constant speed drill (small synchronous motor, or record player)).
0 x
bidouille23
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by bidouille23 » 08/04/11, 11:18

Bonjour,

when I say 1.33 it is the 4/3 ratio or a magnetic non-equilibrium necessary for the proper functioning of this type of alternator, single-layer discoid with single or double magnetized rotor without iron in the stator.

Tests by making mono, nb coil = nb magnet for example, you make a vibrator massager :) (at twelve meters : Shock: )

Do tests does not go into a spin, an oscillo yes a gauss meter humm me notice that you are not out of history on this path, you are not a lab, want to do well ok, want to do too much it is the enemy of good;).

Start by looking at the means you have at your disposal, intellectual, mechanical, financial

motivation at what level, you start a marathon with a 100 m;)

Finally the time available.

Now we talk about the alternator, for my part reading understanding learning is good, but nothing replaces testing.
it can be simple but it is there to highlight in another way certain effect (this is where the oscilo comes into play;)).

Start having fun, calculate a reel or reels on the same geometry and compare, change the geometry keeping the same number of turns and number of wires, etc etc have fun what is serious in your pleasure to make you happy by having fun ;) but not too much .

In short what I say is that there is theory and practice and the theory is practical but not that :) , in other therm others have already done a lot of work on these generators and continue every day go on the links and read (I suspect you do not take the time to browse all the links that you are given;) , well yes when we pause a question you must be ready to have the answer;) in your case it is in the form of reading.)

Go to the manufacturing section of the different forum , and takes the specification provided for a wind turbine and tries to redo the calculations;).

There is a world between the achievable and the theory, the goal is to agree the goal with the means taking into account the theory which does not verify it all the time (reason the means;) often lack), a simple hole can become an ordeal of accomplishment without the appropriate tool.

see you later
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 08/04/11, 13:28

a world between the achievable and the theory

No, because this type of system is very well known on a physical level and the complex electromagnetic theory can take into account all the phenomena, which end up on a computer taking everything into account, after measuring the properties of materials.
This allows industrialists to optimize according to their criteria which are not yours.
There is a world only if one does not understand, only by being content with rudimentary peremptory ideas not always correct, as we can see most of the time.

To try out montages in practice without understanding is to draw lots from possibilities without ever having the optimum, or to slavishly copy what exists, by the habits of others, even sometimes with insufficiencies, avoiding any modification, since we do not not include.

Otherwise buy the windtronics, a little similar, but not as good as that.

Measuring a cheap magnetic field is simple, even with a compass, if we understand basic physics.
Electronic resonance also measures the field (with a radio or a cell phone assembly) with a frequency proportional to the field. etc ...

The oscilloscope greatly simplifies the measurements by seeing what is happening.
Hertz without oscilloscope made great discoveries around 1887 by understanding well thanks to Maxwell in 1865.
Last edited by dedeleco the 01 / 07 / 11, 16: 45, 1 edited once.
0 x