Mustang Mach 1, lower consumption?

Tips, advice and tips to lower your consumption, processes or inventions as unconventional engines: the Stirling engine, for example. Patents improving combustion: water injection plasma treatment, ionization of the fuel or oxidizer.
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 04/01/11, 22:15

It is true that a racing machine is quite fragile.
You have to choose the two pistons to balance somehow.
Without pushing too hard it should resist, but look at the past of this kind of gear to know its fragility race or not!

I have a memory of the sound of knotted sacks in the connecting rods and crankshaft jamming a race car making the soul, of a passionate cousin in the 1970 years: we remember it forever !!
0 x
aerialcastor
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by aerialcastor » 04/01/11, 22:20

Unplugging the candles will not cut off the fuel supply a priori.

So we end up with the same conso but not the same power. There will just be some unburned fuel coming out the exhaust.
0 x
Save a tree, eat a beaver.
It is no use to succeed in life, what it takes is to miss his death.
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 04/01/11, 23:44

subhuman_kreatur wrote:hello, I introduce myself, my name is Henri .. uh ...
more seriously, I'm new to the forum, I have no idea how ... and where I should leave this message ... do I have to present myself?
and ... here, I have a dream, which unfortunately, is opposed to 200% forum as well as my job as an organic gardener -_- ° ... >> it starts well : Lol: ... a mustang mach 1 of 69 ... and ... 31,6l / 100km : Lol: then the first question will be: do you think that I could seriously remedy this concern thanks to various "fuel savers"? knowing that in mechanics I am just able to point the finger in a motor to the battery :| and that despite reading a lot of your subject, I often feel like reading something other than my native language :? ...
You can also start "EV converter".
like him.
You would not be the first:
here a Mustang 65 et here a Mustang 66
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 05/01/11, 00:52

So we end up with the same conso

Without compression or depression, the pistons open wide can suck nothing and therefore the gasoline with 1 / 4 air sucked into the carburetor goes only in the functional pistons that suck and compress!

The other large open on the outside receive nothing, we can even close their intake and cut their injection (69 rather carburetor).
0 x
subhuman_kreatur
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by subhuman_kreatur » 05/01/11, 01:06

citro wrote:You can also start "EV converter".

I did not know the name, but I suspected that it existed, and it really trotted me in the head ...
on the other hand, I'll have to hang out in courses in mechanics and electronics because I do not know anyone who can help me in there. : Mrgreen:
whatever .. now that I think about it, I saw the crate of my dreams, but without engine to sell ... for 15000 € anyway -_- ° do not get bored! it would be an interesting project I think.
Last edited by subhuman_kreatur the 05 / 01 / 11, 01: 19, 1 edited once.
0 x
subhuman_kreatur
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by subhuman_kreatur » 05/01/11, 01:08

dedeleco wrote:Without compression or depression, the pistons open wide can suck nothing and therefore the gasoline with 1 / 4 air sucked into the carburetor goes only in the functional pistons that suck and compress!

there is good !! ...
ayé, with the crankshaft, the basic schemas of engines begin to enter me in the skull : Cheesy:
no one would know what I could do to my tdci focus so that it consumes and pollutes less (knowing that I already have an old way to make scam : Mrgreen: )?
0 x
aerialcastor
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by aerialcastor » 05/01/11, 01:28

Without compression or depression, the pistons open wide can suck nothing and therefore the gasoline with 1 / 4 air sucked into the carburetor goes only in the functional pistons that suck and compress!

Yes but in this case it is necessary to disassemble the candle not just unplug it.
And on some engine it is not very accessible.
We do not do it every morning either.
0 x
Save a tree, eat a beaver.

It is no use to succeed in life, what it takes is to miss his death.
oiseautempete
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by oiseautempete » 05/01/11, 08:34

Disconnecting several cylinders on a 8 cylinder is a perfectly stupid idea that has been tested by the controllers (4 cylinders disconnectable in town) and abandoned because completely ineffective to moderate consumption and very detrimental to the life of the engine:
When disconnecting cylinders, the friction remains and on a 8 cylinder which turns on 4 one loses much more than 50% of the power ...
The only effective way to reduce the consumption of a v8 carburetor especially when there is 2 carbus quadruple body is to pass it to the electronic injection: in the US there are several kits adaptable ... I knew a guy who had done that on a Corvette and he was consuming ~ 18L / 100 on average after the change (25L before)
When with a ford tdci of 90cv I do not see what you hope to gain on an engine which is already very economical ... adapt the way of driving, not by driving "grandfather" but by anticipating as much as possible and by driving "sunk" allows to make substantial savings without dragging on the road: when I knew my wife she had a powerful car and its consumption of 13L / 100, when I was driving, the average was the same but it only consumed 10L / 100 ... she ended up learning to do the same ...
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 05/01/11, 12:38

Disconnected is not without candles et without the cuts !!!
We must measure, but aspiring 4 times or 2 times less consumes much less and without compressions the friction is much lower!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/01/11, 13:14

Topic splitted.
0 x

Back to "Special motors, patents, fuel consumption reduction"