Exit consumerism: tips & tricks printers

Consumption and sustainable and responsible diet tips daily to reduce energy and water consumption, waste ... Eat: preparations and recipes, find healthy food, seasonal and local conservation information food ...
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 31/12/10, 18:59

Remarkable fplm:
I hack everything that comes into my hand since I was a kid and the fever is not about to relapse

and rare !!
Otherwise I notice that there is colloidal graphite that can be deposited by ink jet (with large droplets) which, once dry, is a good conductor and can serve as a support for electrolytic deposition of thick copper!

But silver remains much better conductor and much easier and stable deposits of copper are chemically difficult with copper sulphate.
With oxalic acid, a precipitate of blue copper oxalate is obtained which decomposes at high temperature (red) into lightly oxidized copper, but the epoxy will not resist the necessary temperature.
http://books.google.fr/books?id=DcxbAAA ... &q&f=false

Finally, in personal DIY at home, we often only need a single copy of the circuit, and then it is completely useless to make a printed circuit, it is enough to wire it with simple wires and soldering, sufficient for a single copy to develop sometimes in addition !!!!
Thus, I no longer need a printed circuit for a single copy, as for an alarm that has worked for 10 years !!
0 x
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 01/01/11, 10:35

Christophe wrote:Yes, in addition to the cartridges, on the laser you still have the drum to change (150 € / piece approximately!).

It is not a generality. From one brand to another and sometimes even from one model to another for the same brand, the drum is integrated into the toner cartridge or is completely independent (it can only be changed if necessary)
it is sure that it makes a price of the cartridges which varies from simple to double (from around 60 € for the cheapest toner cartridges without drum, to more than 150 € for those which integrate the drum)

It is a point to look at when buying a laser.
And anyway, in general, before buying a printer we should always ask the question of the price of consumables.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 01/01/11, 10:54

Happy New Year!

In the case of a color laser I think it can only be independent ...

What matters is that the pages advertised by HP are whimsical as much for the drum as the color and black toners.

The change of 5 (drum + 4 toners) costs more than 300 € ... for 2 to 3000 real pages (and again) ... calculate the cost per page.

Well, I'm going to try to make the total cost since we got it by trying to find all the invoices ...
0 x
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 01/01/11, 11:26

It is true that for B&W the drum is generally integrated into the toner cartridge. But I've seen models where the two were separated.
Anyway, for me a laser has a huge advantage: the toner does not dry. When you print very little, there is no problem with nozzles drying out or cartridges leaking.
So to use an old slogan "only wears out if you use it"
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 01/01/11, 15:25

Not even... If you do not run a printer for a certain period of time, the drums will end up "pricking" (initiation of polymerization) and marks or a band will appear over the entire length or even by area or dots on the image block which cause stains (effective polymerization). And it is then mandatory to change either the drum or the cartridge (and therefore if you do not print often, it is better to take a cartridge with integrated drum: to limit the cost of the damage ...).

In both cases - inkjet AND laser - the system gets fucked up even if it is not used. The laser is a little less sensitive to it under certain conditions: switch on the printer regularly to avoid / slow down the process of polymerization of the toner against the drum!

... but Forhose has already shown how attached he is to defending "Small arrangements between friends of the IT industry", on behalf of "Business ethics and respect for the law" what would be defended, if this branch was not rotten to the point that we know!

... as in this thread (which we are not going to redo ...) ...>

... where I already answered him (among other things):

Obamot wrote:Since you recommend the laser, it's good that you implicitly recognize the inkjet scam

[...] with toner cartridges from HP (for example the LaserJet 2605dn PS) there is another scam: when you print text, it also uses color cartridges without your knowledge!

And no way to ask him to print only with black alone. Result, your color cartridges are exhausted at high speed "V". : Evil:

This is very strong because you are deprived of the possibility of doing something "usual".

And I say scam, because the guys from the hotline at HP, are funny to encourage you to drop your old b / w by explaining to you that you'd better do it! When I told them that the doc didn't mention that, it was radio silence. So I had to keep my old black / white PS laser, as long as they work!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 02/01/11, 11:04

dede when you change the title by a title which was correct, just try to make it not truncated and without mistakes ... : Evil: : Evil: : Evil:

So I correct:
"Exit consumerism: Tips & tricks concrete ex print"

en

"Exit consumerism: Tips & Tricks printers"

But I preferred the previous one ...
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 02/01/11, 16:48

Obamot wanted this title and there was not enough room for example printer !!
The title was therefore automatically truncated shortened by the econology software !!!! !!!

But the concrete is essential in the face of general theoretical considerations where one gets lost, which certain intellectuals adore !!!!!
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 02/01/11, 19:34

Do as you want, I left the link (but I would have at least put "etc" or removed the word "printer" => if you change I will correct the link)
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 02/01/11, 19:44

A subject title does not change every day otherwise nobody can follow / find the subject ...

So let's think before, not after ... Thank you.
0 x