Gaps in National Education programs and limits of new narcissistic educational methods

philosophical debates and companies.
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 05/11/11, 15:07

Quote:
We do not talk about overcrowded staff (32 in the cp of my grandson).
it is not the amount of student in a class that counts, but the level of interest of it. 30 children interested in what they are taught are less likely than 10 students who do not care.
In developing countries where knowledge is seen as a way out of difficult situations, children walk many kilometers on foot to cram into classes that double 30.
With us, an engineer is more likely to become unemployed than a plumber, so the interest of studies ....!
0 x
manet42
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by manet42 » 05/11/11, 16:42

With us, an engineer is more likely to become unemployed than a plumber, so the interest of studies ....!

But a plumber, I do not think it's a stupid job ... it should not be a problem for him to know how to read, write and count. And 32 in a class where you learn to read it does not seem appropriate ... I'm not sure that 60 students in your example learn properly, their teacher would prefer to have 30!

it is not the amount of student in a class that counts, but the level of interest of it.

The Minister of EN adds that this interest is due to the quality of the educator and that the problem is not the number of students which justifies the deletions of position:
"I'll give you 40 students in second, if it doesn't work, it's your fault, even if now you don't have any more training."
0 x
Continually trying we finally succeed. So more it fails, the more likely it is that it works.
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 05/11/11, 17:21

Flytox wrote:

How far can we go in this ineptitude ... ??? It's to the point of talking about child care and not about schooling in some places. : Cry:

... or places of custody! : Lol:
The profession of teacher is now classified as risky in many "sensitive" sectors.
As long as there are "ZEP", one should not count on a quality education ...
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 05/11/11, 18:01

manet 42 good evening
But a plumber, I do not think it's a stupid job ... it should not be a problem for him to know how to read, write and count. And 32 in a class where you learn to read it does not seem appropriate ... I'm not sure that 60 students in your example learn properly, their teacher would prefer to have 30!
Plumber is not a stupid job, it is not a criticism, just that the level of study is lower and unemployment is almost non-existent, unlike high degrees that do not necessarily find work.
Otherwise I have a child in education, close friends too, family less close, so I bathe in the EN. It is certain that it is not only the subject of studies that is essential, but also the personality of the teachers. I remember, it is far away, courses where we were taught dry and others where the whole class was attentive and only related to the personality of the teacher and, personally, on subjects that I usually hated.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 07/11/11, 18:29

Comparison of national education in different countries summarized in one picture (one last fundamental line is missing: "unemployment rate 12 months after leaving school" ...):

Source: http://education.madmagz.com/fr/les-bud ... fographie/
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 18/11/11, 11:07

0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 16/02/12, 22:10

macro finds:
When to come to rely on their ten fingers ... Maybe at the Baccalaureate ...

My grandchildren from 3 to 4 years count very well on their fingers:

Weird !!!
0 x
renaud67
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by renaud67 » 17/02/12, 10:21

dedeleco wrote:macro finds:
When to come to rely on their ten fingers ... Maybe at the Baccalaureate ...

My grandchildren from 3 to 4 years count very well on their fingers:

Weird !!!

Month is my family who is gifted up to 21 at 4 years! : Mrgreen:
0 x
The absurdities of yesterday are the truths of today and tomorrow banalities.
(Alessandro Marandotti)
phil53
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by phil53 » 17/02/12, 11:28

From my point of view there are several things related to this problem.

It is certain it would dust the mammoth!
The teachers in place (for the most part) want nothing to move. It's a thing.
National education raises the level of education without ever considering whether this system selects the most competent to learn or the most competent to teach.
These are 2 very different things
One of my daughter wants to be a kindergarten teacher since these 4 or 5ans. By the end of the final year she was able to teach, she had her baffa and really a gift to captivate the attention of the little ones.
A year in a foreign country to perfect a language and I really believe that with the help of a colleague for a year it would have made an excellent teacher.
Instead she is now more 5 trainee, she gets there this year but she has not learned much of her job yet and finally chose college teacher in plastic art because her chances of succeeding the contest are greater .
She still has faith but I think the company lost at least 3 years of teaching work and also had to pay her years of schooling. In the end to get to what?

Another thing, the students of now do not see the interest to learn. At home for a majority they are treated like princes. They are guarded from everything, leaving them with the illusion that things are done without effort. To be educated until 18 or 20ans without having never really worked with in addition the leitmotor that the diplomas arrange everything. They delay their entry into the working life as much as possible knowing more or less consciously that disillusionment will be great.
On the job center site employers no longer hesitate to claim more 3 or 4 for 9,22 € per h.
Those who are less favored are often referred to garbage classes (as mentioned in another section). In addition, they see their elderly unemployed trainees in small jobs.
Why would they believe in school?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 18/04/12, 13:37

Bill Gates recently gave a speech in a high school about 10 things that the school does not learn but you must learn as quickly as possible! You may not like it. But know that he has certainly applied the rules he advocates! ...

He talks about good feelings and politically correct teachings that have created generations of young people totally devoid of any sense of the realities of life. While explaining how this "concept" predisposes them to failure in the real world, he gives here are ten rules to follow.

To make some "rebellious" teenagers read. And to others ...

1 rule:
Life is unfair: get used to it!

2 rule:
The world does not care about your self-esteem.
The world will expect you to do something BEFORE you congratulate yourself.

3 rule:
You will not earn 60,000 $ a year when you leave school.

You will not be vice president starting, with GSM and company car provided, before having earned, earned these privileges.

4 rule:
If you think your teacher is hard on you, wait until you have a boss.

5 rule:
To work in a chip shop is not to lower oneself. Your grandparents had a different word for that: they called it an opportunity.

6 rule:
If you are bothered, THIS IS NOT THE FAULT OF YOUR PARENTS, stop
complain and learn from your mistakes.

7 rule:
Before you were born, your parents were not as boring as they are now!
They became like this:
* By paying your bills,
* By cleaning your clothes
* And hearing you constantly repeat how good and cool you are.
So, before you save the rainforests from the parasites of your parents' generation, start cleaning your own room and everything in it.

8 rule:
Your school may have gotten rid of the "win-lose" system, NOT LIFE!
In some schools, pass marks have been abolished and you are given as many chances as you want to get the correct answer.
That does not exist in real life !

9 rule:
Life is not divided into semesters.
Summer is not a period of leave.
And very few employers are willing to help you ASSUMER, it's your responsibility.

10 rule:
Television is not the "real life".

In real life, people leave the cafe and go to work.
If you agree, circulate, otherwise, put your head in the sand and take a deep breath.

http://www.geekios.net/872/bill-gates-l ... prend-pas/
0 x

Back to "Society and Philosophy"