"The new guard dogs" the movie 11/01/2012

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
wirbelwind262
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

"The new guard dogs" the movie 11/01/2012

by wirbelwind262 » 06/01/12, 20:41

Hello and good year !
on January 11, the film "The new watchdogs"based on the eponymous essay by Serge Halimi

synopsis:
The media proclaims themselves “counter-power”. However, the vast majority of newspapers, radios and television channels belong to industrial or financial groups intimately linked to power. Within a tiny ideological perimeter, there is a proliferation of pre-chewed information, permanent speakers, undue notoriety, fake clashes and dismissals from the elevator.
In 1932, Paul Nizan published Les Chiens de garde to denounce the philosophers and writers of his time who, under cover of intellectual neutrality, imposed themselves as guardians of the established order. Today's watchdogs are these journalists, columnists and media experts who have become market evangelists and guardians of social order. In sardonic fashion, The New Watch Dogs take stock of a press that is willingly oblivious to the values ​​of pluralism, independence and objectivity that it claims to embody. With force and precision, the film points to the growing threat of information perverted into commodities.
source: http://www.lesnouveauxchiensdegarde.com/

a wiki article about the book> http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Les_Nouveaux_Chiens_de_garde
(I hope not to make duplicates ...)
Good night !
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 06/01/12, 22:36

I did not know about the existence of this film, but it makes me happy:

I often read the fora of Belgian newspapers:

you should see, especially on www.lesoir.be as you get fired quickly when your post

- you offer (even moderately) opinions or sociological analyzes against foreign offenders or so-called refugees who abuse security
- you denounce the control of the gang of 4 (the 4 self proclaimed democratic parties: socialo, catho, liberal, ecological)
- you spread an idea of ​​the communists or the FN
- you denounce manipulations, for example those of the police in matters of road safety

The newspapers, which were a counter power in the seventies are really in the power boot now.

Prohibition: to broadcast positively the slightest echo of the FN or to support the slightest criticism against the non-native populations for fear of being sued by MRAX.
Some people are outright banned from interviewing: sometimes sensible words would serve them as an advertisement.
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: "The new guard dogs" the movie 11/01 /

by sen-no-sen » 07/01/12, 12:41

wirbelwind262 wrote:Hello and good year !
on January 11, the film "The new watchdogs"based on the eponymous essay by Serge Halimi

I read the book it is very good!
Thank you for the info.
a+
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 07/01/12, 13:03

wirbelwind262 wrote:
... the film highlights the growing threat of perverted information in merchandise.

It is not at all a threat since it is the current reality.

I am not personally hostile to the dissemination of "ideas" * of the FN, in the name of freedom of expression, the fact remains that in the absence of political education, their influence is unfortunate. . and I wish much more a development of the latter than a censorship of the FN.

* It is difficult for me not to put quotes on this word, applied this particular context!
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 07/01/12, 13:07

Did I miss an episode?
What does this have to do with the FN in all of this?
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 07/01/12, 14:09

It is Elephant who talks about it about immigration ...

If we are in favor of liberalism, which we find normal for our economies to destabilize their own, it seems to me illogical to deny migrants the right to come to Europe: it is a rational choice for an economic agent such as the perceives theory.
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 07/01/12, 16:33

Ahmed wrote:
If we are in favor of liberalism, which we find normal for our economies to destabilize their own, it seems to me illogical to deny migrants the right to come to Europe: it is a rational choice for an economic agent such as the perceives theory.

Exactly.
The most terrible thing is that some politicians sell us speeches on national identity, the danger of Islamism etc ... while failing to mention that the massive immigration of the 60s and 70s was intended to allow growth to be maximized while keeping wages as low as possible, and "tidying up" newcomers in concrete boxes ... imagining that it would all work!

On the one hand we advocate the expulsion and stigmatization of "immigrants", on the other hand we open the floodgates of globalism and its procession of migrants as much as possible ... the policy of oxymoron in a way.

In reality, the problems of racism, community withdrawal, delinquency, etc ... are a direct result of the search for exponential growth, the worst is that they are not about to want to stop!
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 07/01/12, 20:49

Ahmed said:

hostile to the dissemination of "ideas" * of the FN, in the name of freedom of expression, the fact remains that in the absence of political education, their influence is unfortunate ... and I wish more a development of the latter than censorship of the FN.

The problem is that at the point where we are (ie straight to the gulf), we need ALL the good ideas. The problem is that the politicians in power filter ideas according to 2 criteria:

- they must come from them
- they must be used for their re-election

Point bar

how do you want to arrive at a result in such disgusting condition?

politicians only work on one project: their maintenance.
The public good, they don't care.

The important thing is, among other things, that the solutions coming from "others" are swept aside. : Evil:
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be