Fraud applies double effect ...

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
Grelinette
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Fraud applies double effect ...

by Grelinette » 14/09/17, 15:01

Did you know the "Kisscool Double-effect"? ...

well now, a new marketing concept is emerging: "Double-effect fraud-Marketing" ! : Evil:

As with each of you, I imagine, I am literally harassed by annoying and / or fraudulent phone calls. The themes are as diverse as they are imaginative! (If we could have as much creativity for honest commercial activities, economic crises would no longer exist : Wink: :

In short, it goes from Mrs. Irma who received a divine revelation about my future and who absolutely wants to share it with me (in exchange of course for a few euros), to the company Pipo-Jeux who announces that I have won at the draw for their lottery and that I must call a surcharged number to have my lot sent, to the delivery man whom I must also call (on a surcharged number) to specify my delivery address, or an incomplete medical file that I must inform (always by number of such surcharged), and so on and better ...

Lately still, I have regular calls and as soon as I pick up a female voice worthy of the most sensual of airport hostesses says laconically: "Good-bye", and hangs up on me! : Shock: : Shock: : Shock:

The worst part is that these calling phone numbers are not hidden (thank you by the way for the telephone operators who are complicit in all these shenanigans unbeknownst to their voluntary goodwill), but these phone numbers are unreachable if you try to call them back!

But this is the end of the end, the pinnacle of perversity, the Grail of the scam if I may say:

I receive a call from an alleged official investigative body to, supposedly, conduct a survey of the public on telephone scams. (Note also also, that calls for pseudo-surveys, I receive so many and more ...)

In short, at the time I say to myself: Well ... maybe the Authorities, the State, the Fraud Department, my telephone operator or some other white knight, have finally taken the measure of these harassing phone scams and are doing something to (try to) reduce them ? ...

But quenenni!

After confirming that I was indeed very regularly harassed by these phony phone calls (about ten some days), the charming investigator told me in her sweet, suave and commercial voice: "Thank you, it is thanks to testimonies like yours that we can react to the extent of these drifts ... I would simply ask you to confirm it to us on our telephone server, available 24 hours a day, 24 days a week, ... whose number is 7. ... "

Rhâââââââ! .... : Evil: : Evil: : Evil: : Evil: : Evil: : Evil:

France has really become the land of Cocagne for all the schemers and other licensed crooks!
1 x
Project of the horse-drawn-hybrid - The project econology
"The search for progress does not exclude the love of tradition"
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Fraud has a double effect ...

by Macro » 14/09/17, 15:25

My behavior vis-a-vis these annoyers: to be rude, filthy, to play the pervert, to see with the rasiste (very often the callers one has accents typical of the south ... From Marseille) ... I can guarantee you that they end up blacklisting you ... : Mrgreen:

It was my 15 year old kid who taught me : Mrgreen:
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 14/09/17, 15:29

Grelinette wrote:The worst part is that these calling phone numbers are not hidden
It is an advantage for me. I only pick up if the number is known, otherwise I listen to the answering machine once a day.

Commercial calls very rarely leave a message and suddenly more unwanted calls.

It is their job and their livelihood to call us, we prefer to respect here.
Last edited by izentrop the 14 / 09 / 17, 15: 33, 1 edited once.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 14/09/17, 15:32

Yep ... it sucks ... it's telephone spam and it is far from being as well regulated legally as spam by email I think ... AMHA the operators are complicit in all this ... In short wrong is done ...

So a small method (which worked a few years ago ...) to improve things:

These are VOIP calls in 99% of the case and, for the sake of efficiency, several calls are made at the same time ... as soon as a sound signal is detected then an operator takes the call "in charge" ... in short it is not an operator who types your number but a computer ...

In other words: if you don't say ALLO (or whatever else) and stay silent then your call will not be redirected to an operator, you can hang up and after X times there is a chance that your number either automatically erased by the computer because "of no interest" ... (because even if the communications cost almost nothing, it is wasted machine time ...)

Here is to test (in Belgium we are much less bored ...)

Otherwise apply the method of izentrop which I also practice ... (since I no longer have any commercial activity with the shop because before it was necessary to respond well ...)
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 14/09/17, 15:39

Macro wrote:My conduct in the face of these annoyers: being rude, filthy, playing perverse, seeing to the player (very often the callers have accents typical of the south ... From Marseille) ...

Bah they are slaves of a system, no need to be filthy or racist ... I do not think it is fun as a job with a lot of psychological pressure to achieve goals ...

Otherwise you have already had this one (or equivalent) because I love it ...

"Bijour, it's Jean-Pirre on the camera ...."
"Yeah yeah, if your name is Jean-Pierre, my name is Marie-Thérèse"
"... biiiiip"

The last Call Center I had to call was that of Cdiscount, it is well off-site to the East given the accents ... I spent 30 minutes there and was wandered over 2 or 3 different operators, finally for nothing because they did not understand my problem (luckily I had managed to find the number on local call ...)
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 14/09/17, 15:53

Except that I don't say my name is marie therese but Mohamed ...
This is what I call racism ...

And then for the pervert .. In general I ask him to send me one of his dirty panties ... : Cheesy: it sometimes even makes them laugh ...
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
Did67

by Did67 » 14/09/17, 15:57

Grelinette wrote:
Lately still, I have regular calls and as soon as I pick up a female voice worthy of the most sensual of airport hostesses says laconically: "Good-bye", and hangs up on me! : Shock: : Shock: : Shock:

There, it's just because in these call centers, where the employees are "pressurized", call a number, wait for the person to pick up, redo another number when the person does not answer, all of this is " loss of productivity ". So a computer tests the number to find out if you are there. If you drop, it's because you're here! CQFD. And your number is put in the list of those who will be called in the moments that follow ...

[PS: I don't think we should say anything! I remain silent and don't hang up on the first one ... I don't know if it is useful for something]
0 x
SixK
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by SixK » 14/09/17, 16:15

Free was convicted for trying to filter spam emails ...
Violation of the neutrality of the mail distributor imposed by the post and communications code they call it.

The recipient must approve the filtering ...

We are not ready to see these practices disappear.

The only way, have a phone with number display and answer only the numbers you know ...

Otherwise for fun you can always answer and say anything ...
The last time, the chick asked me for my cell phone number to confirm our exchange. "Well no! Well yes, I need your Tel number, well no, I have no obligation to give you my personal mobile phone!"

SixK
0 x
Optimists invented airplanes, parachutes pessimistic. George Bernard Shaw.
Thought personal, I understand better why the big bosses invented the golden parachute.
Did67

by Did67 » 14/09/17, 16:40

When you have time and are in good shape, well awake, it's easy ...

One day, the girl (it is often women), begins with the usual "intro": you are Mr. So-and-so, at such address, etc ... And here you are not what clutch on a campaign of information on this-that, precisely, in my village ... You know it, this approach ...

And there, in great shape, to make my wife laugh, I put on a sketch:

- Madam, you are well, I do not know in I am ... I do not know how to thank you! Really, I am completely desperate.
- This morning, the bailiff called me to tell me that the bank was going to seize my house - in short, everything about I don't pay my monthly payments, everything lost at the games, my wife has a lover, I started drinking. ..
- But you tell me that I am the owner! Is that Madame? It reassures me ! Because that's not what he said the bailiff ...
- You can give me a certificate of what you say, so I could show the letter to the bailiff ...
Etc., etc...

All this in the tone of a bipolar, on the verge of tears first, then euphoric 2 sentences later ...

I still took a few minutes to let go!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 14/09/17, 16:48

SixK wrote:Free was convicted for trying to filter spam emails ...
Violation of the neutrality of the mail distributor imposed by the post and communications code they call it.

The recipient must approve the filtering ...

We are not ready to see these practices disappear.

Ah too good this Law! Free is condemned for excessive filtering (therefore privacy a priori) but he has the right to resell the numbers or email of his subscribers (therefore invasion of privacy)?

Without this 2nd practice, we would not be bothered by spam or telephone canvassing (unless you have asked to appear in the white pages ... this is your responsibility ...). There was a time when there was even a page on the France Telecom site that offered this kind of service like "We offer you our database for your commercial prospecting" ...
0 x

Back to "Media & News: TV shows, reports, books, news ..."