Stop advertising on France Television: gift or poison?

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
Christophe

Stop advertising on France Television: gift or poison?

by Christophe » 07/02/09, 23:00

Here it is more than a month that the advertisement after 20 h was deleted on France Television and I noticed that:

a) the shows start earlier (logic) but also end earlier (logic too but we thought less about it ...)

b) so we go to bed earlier and often before midnight even while watching the second part of the evening (impossible before)

a + b = c) thanks to the removal of the ad, we are more fit the next day because more rested

We can therefore predict that (is this already the case, perhaps?):

d) As I am probably not the only one to note this: France Télévision will therefore gain market share on prime time

In any case, given the quality of TF1's TV programs have reached a level that is distressing and frankly shameful for the French in some cases: there are not even more films that are playing it's crazy for supposedly the "Number One" channel French! Obviously a (shitty) series is cheaper than a movie ...

e) The rating of TF1 advertising will decrease, due to the loss of audience of c)

f) As the duration of the advertisement is "regulated" (X hours per day at the rate of Y minutes per hour maximum): TF1 will not win but lose cash in the Sarkozist maneuver and France Television will win market share!

In short, it could ultimately be a poisoned gift that Sarko made to TF1 and a great opportunity for FR TV to recover from the audience ...

But this will not be the first nor the last time that he will fail miserably with his "monarchist" decisions ...

In any case, if it is the case: so much the better for public service!
Last edited by Christophe the 07 / 02 / 09, 23: 31, 1 edited once.
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 07/02/09, 23:11

I like this deletion of ads.

For the receipts, do not worry, there will be a new point of market equilibrium and in any case increase in audiovisual royalties in one way (simple increase) or another (taxes on PCs and phones).

Otherwise, it was a beautiful session of pathos, lyrical flights and psychodrama for these great actors who are our deputies :?

Clearly TF1's programs are pretty bad. Apart from reports and news, it's the desert ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 07/02/09, 23:20

Yep, that's all good for the physical and mental health of French!

Question recipes: nothing says that they could not inflate their price before 20pm: because in any case the market is "at the cleat" and legally saturated among others ...

Remundo wrote:Apart from reports and news, it's the desert ...

You say that because of this: https://www.econologie.com/forums/injection- ... t7057.html ? :D

For the news it is still very oriented ...

But beware: you insult the Tuaregs and other desert tribes there ...
Last edited by Christophe the 08 / 02 / 09, 00: 56, 1 edited once.
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 07/02/09, 23:45

Yep, the Tuaregs, if you look at us ... (I raise my hand a la Michel Drucker) : Cheesy:

I hardly ever watch the news from TF1.

Rather that of Canal + and France 2
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 08/02/09, 20:15

Christophe wrote:

b) we go to bed earlier and often before midnight even while watching the second part of the evening (thing impossible before)

It must be said that "on young minds" (sic) the mixture of violent films + lack of sleep is an explosive cocktail. Lack of sleep is already noticeable now - blatantly - on kindergarten children (3 years!) (My wife has been a nursery school for more than a quarter of a century.

Serenity, even if it sometimes generates a bit of boredom seems essential to all of me.

That said, if going to bed earlier allows you to pay more attention to Madame, what more for the harmony of households (and guys, it's soon Saint Val ') :D
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 08/02/09, 21:06

"the message is the media", said Mac Luhan, meaning that the form was more important than the content.
If we agree to look into the matter, we must recognize that, if the advertisement is displayed as such by celebrating a clearly identified product, the rest of the programs can be analyzed as a global advertisement for a lifestyle. given, a very precise ideology.
Fortunately, I managed to solve this thorny problem by using the most brilliant invention ever: the switch.

I must admit that these moods have been latent for a long time: indeed, repeated nap experiences during the broadcast of Derrick have slowly led me to the conclusion that, although intrinsically soporific, the content of this series does not did not affect the quality of my falling asleep.

Other series of tests then proved to me that the mere presence of the TV set off was enough to quickly achieve restful sleep.

Endowed with a spirit at the same time scientific, persevering and methodical (that goes well together), I continued these experiments quite a long time by abolishing the post outright: I am now able to affirm with certainty that TV is ultimately of no use to calmly enjoy the benefits of napping.

I hope that this important scientific contribution which I bequeath to humanity, will be beneficial to all those (and there are many) who practice the nap diligently.
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Flytox

by Flytox » 08/02/09, 23:12

For Ahmed

The antenna of my TV is half naz ... for months, I have only 2 or 3 channels (and not TF1 Yesssss !!!), as long as I have 5, it's good. I have such a feeling that I am losing something that I have not even planned to fix. : Mrgreen:

For drowsiness, the heat of the insert is even more treacherous : Mrgreen:
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
Other
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 09/02/09, 02:24

Hello

What most annoys him is when he advertises on a channel even if you zapp elsewhere he also advertises,
they are not synchronized at the second ...
and in addition it turns up the volume.

However that it is Radiocadna or a private post they are of conivence.

With a good well pirated saucer, more publicity : Mrgreen: ...

Andre
0 x
bham
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bham » 09/02/09, 10:10

Agree that starting shows earlier is better; but was it not possible with advertising? No doubt yes.
To get back to the bottom of the problem, suppressing the ad from 20 p.m. to 6 a.m. is something ridiculous, the 24H / 6H slot is already little looked at; for my part, I would have preferred that they remove the advertisement intended for the children, between the cartoons but it seems that it will come.

Advertising pays part of the operating costs of TVs and radios, but who pays for advertising?
Ben us, consumers galore, through a% age applied to the sale price of all products; but if there were no ads, the products and services would be cheaper? Even Claire Chazal would see her salary decrease. Yes, but in this case, you can imagine the thousands of unemployed, those who work in the advertising industry, directly or indirectly; Me personally I would do without these provocateurs of desires, these "pushes for consumption", these opportunists of the consumer society but here they are themselves consume, bring money to the State, run this wonderful liberal economy in the sense of always + growth.
So can we really do without it?
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 09/02/09, 10:20

Finally a TRUE scientific advance on econologie.com

On behalf of all, I thank Ahmed for his communication, his work, his abnegation, his sense of sacrifice!

I quote:

must admit that these moods have been latent for a long time: indeed, repeated experiences of napping during the broadcast of Derrick slowly led me to the conclusion that, although intrinsically soporific, the content of this series did not influence not on the quality of my falling asleep.

Other series of tests then proved to me that the mere presence of the TV set off was enough to quickly achieve restful sleep.

Endowed with a spirit at the same time scientific, persevering and methodical (that goes well together), I continued these experiments quite a long time by abolishing the post outright: I am now able to affirm with certainty that the TV is not ultimately of no use to calmly enjoy the benefits of the nap.

We are sawn there! Well done and thank you again, dear Ahmed! :D :D :D
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be