Produce better to eat all

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
amanda35
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Produce better to eat all

by amanda35 » 15/11/13, 16:50

Hello everybody

Here is a very important book that I would like to share with my green friends. It is about "producing better to eat more" http://www.pascalgalodeediteurs.com/pge_5_essais---docs_produire-mieux-pour-manger-tous-d-ici-2050-et-bien-apres__9782355932601.html

It does well on an observation but also gives solutions which one day, I hope, will be implemented
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 16/11/13, 08:04

here is an optimist..utopic! :D
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 16/11/13, 12:31

Bah! Between his utopia and the current dystopia, there is something to think and do!
I have not read this work and I am therefore unaware of its exact content, my remark will therefore be of a general nature: a "Copernican" revolution in agricultural production is only possible if this radical change affects all modes of production and relationships between men.
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 16/11/13, 13:58

ahmed hello
is only possible if this radical change affects all modes of production and relationships between men
as well as on the whole planet otherwise the disparities between each culture will only worsen the situation. Obviously this does not directly concern France which is in agricultural overproduction!
However even by producing better, this would only push the deadline for the ratio of available food (and worsened by animal production) and world population a little further. Except for a brutal collapse of it by any means whatsoever!
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 16/11/13, 18:18

Just as the food shortages that exist here and there are not due to an insufficient quantity of food, but to its bad distribution (only according to the creditworthiness of the applicant), the possibility of feeding a clearly larger number of inhabitants is real, although obviously not infinite ...
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Cuicui
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Cuicui » 16/11/13, 21:47

Janic wrote: this does not directly concern France which is in agricultural overproduction!
Except for the organic products that France must import, since our farmers are unsure about producing enough.
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 17/11/13, 07:47

cuicui hello
Except for the organic products that France must import, since our farmers are unsure about producing enough.

it is, in my opinion, a wrong way of looking at it. The transition from chemo to organic is like switching from chemical drugs to herbal teas or other natural remedies. One has the reassuring power of renowned great scientists, the other requires fundamental questioning of approaching either cultural methods or health methods, and it's also as if we said that carnists are infused to be vegetarians and therefore LVs are too few to change things. In either case, it is a matter of conscience and courage to go from a safe mode to an adventure that can be too difficult or disappointing (a number of farmers who wanted to switch from chemical to organic have gone backwards) on the other hand, it is necessary to take into account the legislation on organic which is more or less demanding depending on the country. "From my time" without legislation, it required between 4 and 5 years of conversion (to avoid afterglow) before broadcasting on serious organic circuits, French legislation reduced this dissuasive period for some and therefore with a corresponding drop in quality, etc ...

To this must be added the influence of the lobbies of agrochemistry, very powerful, on policies thus slowing down possible conversions.
0 x
Aumicron
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Aumicron » 18/11/13, 08:55

Janic wrote:To this must be added the influence of the lobbies of agrochemistry, very powerful, on policies thus slowing down possible conversions.

We must also add the fact that a very large majority of consumers do not care about the origin of their food.
0 x
To argue.
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 18/11/13, 09:20

We must also add the fact that a very large majority of consumers do not care about the origin of their food.
of course, but we must not lose sight of the fact that agrochemicals are post-war and that for generations consumers have trusted producers because there was no reason not to. Then we convinced them that it was possible to have the same products at a lower cost "it is less expensive!!!!"(this is also valid for the rest of the other consumer products, forgetting the saying that you always get ONLY for your money) it is only when the media and politicians have no longer been able to hide part of the reality that some consumers have become aware of food risks and therefore to the development of organic products. Moreover it would be interesting to know the percentage of "green" (including on this site) who consume organic (Christophe here is a survey which would be interesting) and even more VG, which would probably show that the concept of green is selective and often reduced to outdoor pollution almost exclusively.
but everyone has their choice! :D
0 x
Cuicui
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Cuicui » 18/11/13, 11:29

Janic wrote:cuicui hello
it is, in my opinion, a wrong way of looking at it.
I do not underestimate the difficulty of going from intensive to organic. I simply note that for more than 30 years farmers have complained about overproduction which prevents them from selling their products, while France continues to import organic products. A business leader worthy of the name adapts to customer needs, right?
0 x