We do not live on the same planet as the Ricans ;-)

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
Pear Belle Helene
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

We do not live on the same planet as the Ricans ;-)

by Pear Belle Helene » 06/11/09, 09:35

0 x
Pear Belle Helene
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 06/11/09, 10:08

It's crazy ! "It's poor" he says in the article. In the 1960s, in one of the most beautiful areas of our town, my mother dried her laundry (we had fixed stakes) and even laundered on a meadow (we had the largest garden in the area) and we were far from being poor! (big house, good housekeeper, 2 cars, etc ...) and all our neighbors did the same.

On the other hand, when I see that my dryer eats 3 to 5 KWh per cycle: help!
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Christophe

by Christophe » 06/11/09, 10:11

No need to cross the Atlantic to find more idiots than us: hanging clothes (in the window, balcony or terrace ..) in most major French cities is strictly prohibited ...

What appears to be for tourists! :|
0 x
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 06/11/09, 10:38

We believe we dream !!

Will have to set the record straight

All at PBS :D
0 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
OUCH, OUILLE, OUCH, AAHH! ^ _ ^
Remundo

by Remundo » 06/11/09, 11:01

it's typically American.

They eat energy like a hamburger, and when you know their appetite ...

It is much more natural for them to burn 1 ton of coal and 100 L of gasoline than to breathe.

All of US politics stems from this, and it's barely caricatured.
0 x
sam17
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by sam17 » 06/11/09, 11:07

this summer I saw my boss give the owner a soap so that the neighbors in the backyard were forbidden to dry their laundry at the window. He was successful : Evil: ...
0 x
--
Patience is a tree whose root is bitter, and whose fruits are very sweet.
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 06/11/09, 11:31

We must break their mouths at all these idiots : Cheesy:
0 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
OUCH, OUILLE, OUCH, AAHH! ^ _ ^
sam17
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by sam17 » 06/11/09, 11:32

it's really not the desire that is missing ...

Personal at home since we heat with the insert, it's a question of quality of humidity in the house to dry clothes. Without it it is too dry. For the rest, we have a small patio for the less winter seasons or the laundry dries very quickly and discreetly.
Last edited by sam17 the 06 / 11 / 09, 11: 44, 1 edited once.
0 x
--

Patience is a tree whose root is bitter, and whose fruits are very sweet.
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 06/11/09, 11:35

Christophe wrote:No need to cross the Atlantic to find more idiots than us: hanging clothes (in the window, balcony or terrace ..) in most major French cities is strictly prohibited ...

Indeed, it is grotesque.

In my young time, in other latitudes, we hesitated to put beautiful linen to hang, for fear of being robbed ...

In France, in a garden you can still, but the least of things is to avoid putting the panties under the eye of the neighbor ... Behind the shirts and pants, in the second curtain, it goes better.

But the ban on balconies and terraces is silly.
I have the recent example of an accommodation with a 3x6 m terrace (rental by agency) where only green plants are allowed…

No way to put a washing line if the neighbor above (without terrace) mouth.
No way to put the trash in boxes, which clutters the kitchen.
Permanent table and chairs, I don't think so, barbecue, let's not talk about it.
DIY even less. For animals, I don't know yet…
It is to wonder why we pay a rental, not to use its surface ... Otherwise for the floral pleasure of the neighbor.
I am totally opposed to this way of seeing things, but the answer is "condominium regulations".

These restrictions were not served during the rental of the accommodation by the agency, nor even the bad character of the neighbor.
This terrace area, we pay it, we pay taxes on it, it is to have a use for it.
If in addition you have to force yourself to plant for the pleasure of the eyes of others ... There is a defect in form.
Me I consider that the neighbor above, does not have to zieuter on the terrace, because it is not with her, and her right of point of view, it is horizontal. Bar point.
As long as there is no health or odor nuisance.

It's funny, when you go to Spain or Italy, the linen spread everywhere. With the ropes stretched between the buildings above the alleys, with the laundry that drips below. But with the draft, it quickly dries.

In the same way we find super nice villages in the north or south of the hemisphere with their houses of all colors, while with us, we are obliged to respect the rules. Same type of house, same roof, same color ... (Heritage preservation requires).
Heritage of what? Monotony!

: Evil:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 06/11/09, 12:55

Capt_Maloche wrote:We must break their mouths at all these idiots : Cheesy:

Ah this is the argument ... well argued say so!
0 x