The UN and the control of the Internet: RTI, ITU, censorship ...

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
bidouille23
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

The UN and the control of the Internet: RTI, ITU, censorship ...

by bidouille23 » 11/12/12, 18:45

Good evening,

http://www.avaaz.org/fr/fr_touche_pas_a ... ab&v=20044

had anyone heard of that?

Right now there is a UN conference in Dubai, but authoritarian regimes are trying to impose total government control over the Internet through a binding international treaty. If successful, the Internet could become less open, more expensive, and slower. We only have two days to stop them.

Since its creation, the Internet has been an incredible tool for expression and citizen counter-power: it allows us to discuss, exchange ideas and exert pressure on political leaders with unprecedented scale. The reason is simple: the Internet is governed by its users and non-profit associations, not by governments. But today, countries like Russia, China and the United Arab Emirates are trying to rewrite an important treaty, the RTI (International Telecommunication Regulations). The web would then be submitted to governments and no longer to us, its users. Tim Berners Lee, one of the “fathers” of the Internet, pointed out that this treaty could intensify censorship and end our privacy. Our mobilization through this petition reinforces who are fighting against this heist.

We have already managed to counter this type of threat to our freedoms. We can do it again before the treaty is revised. The opposition is organizing. Sign this petition to say, "Don't touch my Internet!" Send this email to everyone you know. Our call will be delivered directly to all delegates attending the conference.
facebook 21K Share this campaign on Facebook.
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 11/12/12, 19:41

Bein when one thinks that the international civil servants themselves make false and uses of false with emails, official documents and testimonies (I have names, that is ashamed).

And "Those who know complete it" ...

It can make you laugh! We can say that it is an action which seems positive at the start but which on arrival brings only setbacks in terms of freedom to communicate to what we understand. Even though there are a lot of things that should have been done a long time ago (like withdrawing from Anglo-Saxons their grip on strategic domain names, which was the responsibility of the UN, knowing that it is the ITU who managed the development of the internet ...!)

On the other side of the coin, when we see the level of corruption of these international organizations (Strauss Khan case: multi-recidivist according to some white as snow according to others, each has made his opinion, I believe ... ) proven cases of rape in Haiti and other sexual abuse by peacekeepers (and I keep silent the files in progress, but that risks going from beau-fort to storm ...).

The Organization is struggling to restore its image: all the more "The UN engages a little too much in the facts of war and not enough for Peace" told me a famous doctor whom I had interviewed near the WHO, since it is his original goal, for my huble opinion.

The administration has proclaimed the "Zero Tolerance" program, so let's not shoot the ambulance, let's wait to see what will happen (it's true that it's rather encouraging, and that we cannot judge an organization on isolated cases ...).

But it also means that you have to keep your eyes BIG open!
0 x