Peugeot partners with Mitsubishi in electric vehicle

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
recyclinage
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Peugeot partners with Mitsubishi in electric vehicle

by recyclinage » 04/09/09, 11:40

Peugeot: joins forces with Mitsubishi in electric vehicles

(CercleFinance.com) - Peugeot has confirmed the implementation of a new stage in the cooperation agreement on electric vehicles between Mitsubishi Motors Corporation and PSA Peugeot Citroën.

The main points of this cooperation agreement are the development of an electric vehicle for Europe, based on the Japanese version of the i-MiEV from MMC. This vehicle will be sold in Europe under the Peugeot and Citroën brands.

The group plans to start production planned for October 2010 with a commercial launch on the European market by the end of 2010.

MMC started marketing its new generation electric vehicle the i-MiEV in June in Japan and will market it this year in countries where driving is on the right. MMC plans to develop sales of the i-MiEV in other markets during the 2010 fiscal year.

Mitsubishi and Peugeot are not strangers to each other: since 2006, the Frenchman bought Japanese 4x4s sold under the name of Peugeot 4007 and Citroën C Crosser. The two groups are also considering partnerships in Russia and in the niche of electric cars.

Their activities are rather complementary: MMC is mainly present in 4x4s in Japan and in Asia and has a few factories in the United States, which is not the case for Peugeot, centered on sedans and Europe in the broad sense.

scholarship news source
0 x