French nuclear tests in the Sahara - Arte

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
Christophe

French nuclear tests in the Sahara - Arte

by Christophe » 10/02/10, 19:49

Tonight, a Wednesday in history special atomic tests:

Long live the Bomb!

Wednesday, February 10, 2010 at 20:35 PM

repeats:
No replay
Long live the bomb!
(France, 2005, 86mn)

In 1962, in the Algerian desert, a nuclear test went wrong ... With this telefilm on an unknown event, Jean-Pierre Sinapi keeps us in suspense from the first to the last image.

Algeria, May 1, 1962. The war is over but, under secret agreements with the FLN, de Gaulle continues the French atomic tests in the Sahara. Philippe, a young lieutenant, and three contingent conscripts, Fred, Jaubert and Javiez, are part of one of the companies responsible for ensuring security around the Taourirt mountain, where an underground nuclear fire will take place. But during the test, the Taourirt cracks; an atomic cloud escapes from the mountain and spreads over the young soldiers ...

State scandal

In November 1961, France carried out its first underground nuclear test in Algeria. In May 1962, during the second test, the mountain released a radioactive cloud. Inspired by this accident, Jean-Pierre Sinapi takes us back to a time when France was trying to make its voice heard on the world stage. The possible "collateral damage" does not matter: the reason of state is well worth a few human lives. However, the director does not take a moralistic look at his characters, all thrown into the whirlwind of history ...

2nd part: Wednesday February 10, 2010 at 22 p.m.

Archival mysteries

1946. Bikini atomic tests. A fascinating historical investigation based on archival images, famous or unpublished.

Since cinema has existed, never have so many cameras filmed an event. Why such a riot of devices to make images of two atomic explosions in the Pacific after the war?

http://www.arte.tv/fr/Comprendre-le-mon ... 55598.html

I hope that this will raise the level a little after yesterday's catastrophic theme: https://www.econologie.com/forums/internet-l ... t9277.html

: Mrgreen:
0 x
zorglub
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by zorglub » 20/02/10, 10:49

this story was somewhat identical to those that happened in the ussr and the united states
many civil and military personnel were involved either by accident or voluntarily to know the direct and indirect radioactive effects
unfortunately in each new invention the risks are unknown and real
who knows ? maybe with our "harmless" cellphones
a catastrophe is looming on the horizon?
0 x
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 23/02/10, 20:31

The victims are conscripts, not conscripts. Does anyone know why we sent conscripts to serve as human guinea pigs? I have my opinion on this and a personal story fortunately not lived.
0 x
zorglub
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by zorglub » 23/02/10, 21:37

if we think a little, we will understand easily ..........
we don't mistreat the family!
0 x
Former Oceano

by Former Oceano » 24/02/10, 15:38

Well no, conscripts are diluting in the population and we can imply other causes than exposure to radiation.
The soldiers would have remained in relative contact and they would therefore have made a faster relationship with the exhibitions and the army should therefore have taken charge of them more quickly.

In the plot series, come on I dare, the State has the dispersion of the sample in the population - with taking it into account a white calibration ie classic environmental exposure - but the possibility of monitoring each exposed individuals (access to Social Security and Civil Status files).
And for the latter, it is more difficult to come together to form a group to be compensated.
But since the internet has gone through there with the immense possibilities of exchanging ideas and information ...
0 x
[MODO Mode = ON]
Zieuter but do not think less ...
Peugeot Ion (VE), KIA Optime PHEV, VAE, no electric motorcycle yet...
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 24/02/10, 17:01

Too bad I would have recorded it well.
0 x
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 24/02/10, 19:04

Anyone know why these conscripts were on the front line?
0 x
Former Oceano

by Former Oceano » 24/02/10, 19:35

Surely because we gave them the order, or invite them to go and look at the pretty mushroom.

The question is why they gave you the order, knowing that the same phenomena took place in the USA and the USSR on soldiers.
0 x
[MODO Mode = ON]
Zieuter but do not think less ...
Peugeot Ion (VE), KIA Optime PHEV, VAE, no electric motorcycle yet...
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 25/02/10, 10:26

former oceanic wrote:Well no, conscripts are diluting in the population and we can imply other causes than exposure to radiation.
The soldiers would have remained in relative contact and they would therefore have made a faster relationship with the exhibitions and the army should therefore have taken charge of them more quickly.
In the plot series, come on I dare, the State has the dispersion of the sample in the population - with taking it into account a white calibration ie classic environmental exposure - but the possibility of monitoring each exposed individuals (access to Social Security and Civil Status files).
And for the latter, it is more difficult to come together to form a group to be compensated.
But since the internet has gone through there with the immense possibilities of exchanging ideas and information ...

former oceanic wrote:Surely because we gave them the order, or invite them to go and look at the pretty mushroom.

The question is why they gave you the order, knowing that the same phenomena took place in the USA and the USSR on soldiers.

You're not far from the truth Ex-oceano.

I said that we could bring, not an opinion, but a testimony: these conscripts who had the immense honor and the privilege of being put on the front line were chosen according to certain criteria. We do not yet dare to say it: they were mainly conscripts who accumulated punishments, but also homosexuals, communists, etc ... brief guys first qualified as "Not very military" by the hierarchy, and who were then given a status of "weather agent", presented as a promotion, and they were good for the forbidden zone ...

The victims do not dare to say it because there would be too many reactions of the style "it is well done for their faces". It would be unbearable for them.

I will bring my testimony when necessary, I too was classified "not very military" and "weather agent" good for Mururoa. Lucky for me, the decision had been taken too late (I had 3 months left, and we were starting to reduce the duration of the SM), and another was chosen in my place.

Another dark page in French history.
Last edited by Leo Maximus the 25 / 02 / 10, 14: 55, 1 edited once.
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 25/02/10, 14:27

There were almost 2050 nuclear tests all categories (officially) in the world !!!

They were carried out everywhere: atmospheric shots on the ground with the fallout that we know.
Atmospheric high altitude fire, with damage in several cases to the ozone layer.
They then carried out space fire: tests quickly abandoned because of the effect on the ionosphere, fire carried out in the Pacific made it possible to jam electronic equipment over thousands of kilometers ...
There were submarine shootings, under ground quickly carried out in loose soil to avoid telluric "fault awakenings", underwater submarine (Mururoa) ... very often in the most heavenly places in the world ( Polynesia, bikini islands, Australia ...)
Thousands of civilians were seen overnight displaced, to see their habitat completely destroyed and their children contaminated ....
Human madness has no limits ...
0 x