Solar Aero Tower: Aerothermal Power Station by Edgar Nazare

Forum solar photovoltaic PV and solar electricity generation from direct radiation solar energy.
Christophe

Solar Aero Tower: Aerothermal Power Station by Edgar Nazare

by Christophe » 01/02/09, 23:41

Here is an article on the "Tour Nazare" published in July August 1985 in "L'Ère Nouvelle". The Nazare Tower was a vortex-effect solar tower. The idea has returned to "fashion" for a few years ...

0 x
Elec
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Elec » 02/02/09, 00:02

Solar tower technologies are in my opinion VERY promising. The vortex effect presented here is attractive.
Last edited by Elec the 02 / 02 / 09, 18: 52, 1 edited once.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 02/02/09, 00:19

Yes, the only downside would be the ability to store heat energy to be able to produce the night ... but other ENR could very well take over ...

May be TOO promising for the moment? A bit like the wheel motor? Moreover, research cases date from the same period ...

The energy problem is political unwillingness and not technological problems or the lack of ideas ... These same politicians who lecture citizens by asking them to be more "eco-citizen". .. when do they release these clowns?
Last edited by Christophe the 02 / 02 / 09, 01: 02, 1 edited once.
0 x
minguinhirigue
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by minguinhirigue » 02/02/09, 00:42

For the storage of calories, it is a problem half solved. In recent years, various phase-change salts give attractive experimental results in real-life situations: from 8 to 36 hours following the application temperatures (8 for high temperatures, like the Spanish concentrating solar power plants in Almeria). Madrid)...

I'm too lazy to look for the sources tonight, sorry ...

Otherwise, I think like you that the aerogeneric towers are very interesting, but blocked by political decisions ... I think however that the particular case of the vortex towers envisaging the creation of captive tornadoes are crazy and dangerous, they deserve serious experimentations and independent: when does the tornado escape?

I find it very funny to see his prognosis on the evolution of the energy demand in 1985 ... Maybe it should serve us as a lesson to review our forecasts of consumption on the rise, no offense to the economics .. .
0 x
Elec
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Elec » 02/02/09, 01:03

Information to be taken with care (I am not competent to validate or invalidate it):

"If it is indeed possible to artificially generate and control a mini cyclone, all other solar chimney projects will probably have to be abandoned. The solar chimney only exploits the chimney effect (vertical lift of hot air). ) while the vortex tower benefits from two additional energy inputs: the Coriolis forces which maintain the rotation of the air and a height of the virtual chimney (atmospheric vortex that can reach an altitude of 20.000 m), with no common measurement with human construction. However, the higher the height of the "chimney", the greater the "draft" (and therefore the output). "

http://sourisdudesert.free.fr/index.php?p=69

See: http://vortexengine.ca/index.shtml
Last edited by Elec the 02 / 02 / 09, 18: 54, 1 edited once.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 02/02/09, 01:19

I do not think that there is really any risk of "exiting" the tornado since a large part of its energy will be degraded in the generation of electricity ... now risk 0 does not exist ...

A Vortex mini tour has been tested I do not know where ... we can talk about it here: https://www.econologie.com/forums/tours-aero ... t3801.html
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 02/02/09, 12:16

You want to make tornadoes? :D
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 02/02/09, 12:50

Pfff do not make fun of you!

When I see the figures announced, I tell myself that this is the ONLY plausible alternative to nuclear power and that it seems to me much more interesting than solar concentration for mass production!

In addition, I had read a bit too fast: the article speaks of a reduction coefficient of nocturnal production (nycthemeral in the text, I did not know what it meant! to your wishes) for a 450m tower of only 2 (considering probably various inertias) and 10 for a tower of 300m.

It's too high? It's too complicated?

Remind me: are we doing skyscrapers how many meters high already? But the complexity of a skyscraper has nothing to do with a vortex tower!

We'd have to find the prototype we talked about. I think it was made in Reunion (5m high: everyone could have one in his garden :D)

Politics, politics ...
Last edited by Christophe the 02 / 02 / 09, 13: 09, 2 edited once.
0 x
highfly-addict
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by highfly-addict » 02/02/09, 12:50

Hello,

Elec wrote:"If it is indeed possible to artificially generate and control a mini cyclone, all other solar chimney projects will likely have to be scrapped.

Hum, SI and only IF .... it works .... But why do I have a doubt there? ..... : Mrgreen:

The solar chimney only exploits the chimney effect (vertical rise of hot air) while the vortex tower benefits from two additional energy inputs: the Coriolis forces which maintain the rotation of the air and a height of the virtual chimney (atmospheric vortex that can reach an altitude of 20.000 m), out of all proportion to a human construction. However, the higher the height of the "chimney", the greater the "draft" (and therefore the yield). "

Ah! that's it, we are in the present of the indicative.

So for Coriolis, it's sorry.
I have been frequenting the thermals of southwestern France for 10 years now and I have NEVER met any that resembled the "tornado" described .... The forces of Coriolis produce their effects on the atmosphere on much larger scales (a few tens of km at least!).

Moreover, an ascending air column of 3000 m of height, it is already not current then 20000 .... Image it is bullshit !

I have the impression that the "geniuses" who came up with this idea in their design offices would do much better to stick their noses outside from time to time, just to not pass for incompetent morons ....

Elec, do you really believe in this kind of solution? ...?

8)
0 x
"God laughs at those who deplore the effects of which they cherish the causes" BOSSUET
"We see what we believes"Dennis MEADOWS
Christophe

by Christophe » 02/02/09, 13:08

Calm ... do not throw too quickly baby with the bath water: we built a solar tower without effect vortex 1 scale: 1, so why no effect vortex?

We'd have to find the prototype we talked about. I think it was made in Reunion
0 x