Regenerate batteries

Forum solar photovoltaic PV and solar electricity generation from direct radiation solar energy.
darwenn
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

Regenerate batteries

by darwenn » 26/09/17, 06:15

Hello, I have my slow discharge battery of 110 ah which gave up the ghost after two years, against my old one which held 4 years. Not wanting to buy more given the price I decided to try to regenerate them. For this I ordered magnesium sulfate (pure). If I know the procedure, I don't know the proportions.

How much demineralized water for how much sulfate to fill the cells once the battery is empty.

How much sulfuric acid (I have a 33% acid container) for how much water for the final filling before charging? Because I don't want to reuse the old battery acid.

I also ordered a desulfator which I will leave connected in parallel from now on.

Thank you for your lights.
0 x
Christophe

Re: Regenerate batteries

by Christophe » 26/09/17, 11:29

The dosage of Magnesium sulfate is 1g per Ah (from memory)

We talked about it here: failure-payday-repair / regeneration Battery-to-lead-hs-sulphate-of-magnesium-t13054.html + other methods ...
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 27/09/17, 20:56

if the first battery only lasted 4 years, it is a sign that there was already a problem ... too low capacity used too hard

if the first battery had been 2 times bigger, 200ah maybe it would still be good

that's the whole problem with lead-acid batteries! you have to be rich enough to get big enough the first time ... the bigger it is the less it wears out ... if it is not big enough it is ruinous, the too small batteries wear out so quickly that it costs less to put gasoline in a generator
0 x
darwenn
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by darwenn » 28/09/17, 08:39

Thank you for your answers. So for the final filling after sulphate deoxidation, the acid I have 33% can mean that it is already diluted to 33% and therefore ready to use once. More than that.
0 x

Back to "Renewable energy: solar electricity"