Self-consumption: what good value for money?

Forum solar photovoltaic PV and solar electricity generation from direct radiation solar energy.
xboxman4
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Self-consumption: what good value for money?

by xboxman4 » 29/07/17, 14:07

Hello everybody

I want to start self-consumption for my home. The goal of course is to save on electricity; my home is already equipped with full led, we do not have electric heating and the household appliances are relatively recent. I plan to start on two 2W panels to be installed on the ground (maybe even mobile!)

Do you have good equipment that will allow me to measure my standby Conso?

Do you have any good ideas for the purchase of efficient panels at a lower cost?
What brand of UPS?
I have a dryer that is rotated often: advised me to increase the number of panels?

Finally what do you think of the panel found on LBC?

cordially
0 x
ENERC
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

Re: Self-consumption: what good value for money?

by ENERC » 30/07/17, 18:37

Officially, you have to sign a CAC or a CRAE with Enedis (ex ERDF). Finally we do not know which one is applicable, but it seems that it is the CRAE therefore visit of the Consuel (180 €) and rental of an additional meter for 40 € per year (TURPE). Uncool.

If Linky meter, Enedis will see the current injection and can initiate proceedings against you because you do not respect your contract of pure consumption. (The wheel counters will turn backwards and backward, while the white counters will not back up, but will not report you)

Welcome in France!

To beat yourself, start by changing your electricity supplier. It is currently our only solution to sustainably initiate the Energy Transition. Vote the petitions, contact your deputy, etc .... Enter the Resistance!

If you still take the red pill and enter the Matrix, take any 250W / 270W panels placed on the ground less than 1m (no file in town hall). Take one or two micro inverters.

Do not tell anyone, you are completely illegal. Nothing about forums, nothing is said to the neighbors. We fear the van stamped Enedis. Live the fear in the stomach.

This is unfortunately the reality of self-consumption currently in France.
0 x
lilian07
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by lilian07 » 31/07/17, 09:48

Hello,
Little advice for the best value for money by taking a small red and blue pill.
Watch your consumption background noise just with the flashing of the storyteller (empirically it corresponds to around 200W).
I recommend doubling or tripling to see the power to install, then the trick is to take an injector inverter, no storage battery with a rerouting device (200 euros) of the energy lost (not consumed) on the electric hot water tank.
In this way no energy injected into the neighboring network and no loss for the self-consuming.
Very cheap and very efficient panel (250 W for less than 70 euros new in Poitiers) on a famous sales site around the corner ...
The return on investment will be quick and the installation very simple.
0 x
nico_85
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by nico_85 » 01/08/17, 20:23

xboxman4 wrote:Finally what do you think of the signs found on LBC?

hello, I bought 6 panels which were on sale on lbc in Poitiers, I took the model without frame, it is rather delicate to make frames, I advise rather the models with frames. Otherwise they work perfectly, I have already produced around 700KW since March 2017. When my installation is optimized I will return to buy it.

lilian07 wrote:I recommend doubling or tripling to see the power to install, then the trick is to take an injector inverter, no storage battery with a rerouting device (200 euros) of the energy lost (not consumed) on the electric hot water tank.

I am currently looking for a system for managing the photovoltaic surplus towards the water heater.
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 01/08/17, 23:15

for me it is useless to spend money for a system of valorization of the electricity rab ... the photovoltaics do what it can, the inverter injects everything, and if there is rab it is gift for the edf ... and there is no reason to complain ... if the power in rab was more kw there might be risk of raising the voltage in the case of an extremity of line or a little weak transformer ... but for self-consumption it is low powers, a few hundred watt, therefore derisorily low

if we choose a photovoltaic power equal to the minimum consumption of the house there will never be a rab for EDF ... but it will just cover the minimum consumption on sunny days ... it is reasonable to choose a power of photovoltaic a little larger so that on average sunny days it already covers mini consumption ... and on sunny days either it will cover consumption higher than mini or it will make a gift to EDF

photovoltaic power = minimum power of the house gives the maximum profitability, but gains small because low power ... increasing the photovoltaic power allows to gain a little more but decreases the profitability because the more one increases the photovoltaic power the more often it will happen to give the rab for free to edf

is the linky able to detect this negative power? I'm not even sure ... but if the linky is smart it should be able to manage it properly and avoid the stupid costs of the current edf regulations for injection

we don't need a smart meter ... we need smart people at edf
0 x
nico_85
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by nico_85 » 02/08/17, 10:25

for my trip I installed 1,5kwc, I think my self-consumption rate should not exceed 20% much ...
with a management of the photovoltaic surplus I think I can reach at least 75% of self-consumption perhaps more, the return on investment may be accelerated ...

after I will not put 500 or 1000 € in a surplus management because it would no longer be profitable.
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 02/08/17, 13:02

1.5 kwc is too much for self-consumption! never profitable unless you feed not a simple house but a factory!

photovoltaics has the advantage of being able to be done at any power! the simplest is to start rather too small, measure and calculate, and increase only if there is hope of profitability
0 x
nico_85
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by nico_85 » 02/08/17, 15:06

chatelot16 wrote:1.5 kwc is too much for self-consumption! never profitable unless you feed not a simple house but a factory!

my installation of 1,5Kwc must produce about 1500Kw over the year, my house consumes about 6000Kw per year, my water heater alone consumes at least 1500Kw per year, you see I have room, you just have to know how to use the electricity that is produced, hence for me the usefulness of surplus management.

I did not pay my expensive panels and I did not pay labor to install them since it was I who did it, moreover I took micro-inverters which must last 20 years according to the manufacturer. For me profitability is possible in my case. You have to take into account the rising price of electricity ...

on the other hand I am not saying that all self-consumption installations are profitable, it all depends on the price it costs.
0 x
lilian07
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by lilian07 » 03/08/17, 22:54

for me it is useless to spend money for a system of valorization of the electricity rab

I have already demonstrated at length the profitability of rerouting.
The fact is that EDF prohibits injection on its network even if today technically we know that this does not at first sight cause problems (however, the danger remains to be demonstrated in the event of EDF intervention on the network. in case of wild injection ...).
In short it is prohibited so we use the simple principle of rerouting which does not increase the return on investment but reduces it.
This is because in self-realization, the simplicity of assembly and the low cost of PV generates a capacity greater than thermal.
Then there is no longer any need to deal with background noise in the home, but rather with average consumption ...

For the simple rerouting system see; http://solarimmersion.co.uk/
0 x
enka
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by enka » 08/09/17, 15:23

Hello,

I would like to embark on this type of "light" self-consumption which seems to me the simplest and the most profitable for a "beginner" individual.
So if I summarize the principle well:
- Measure the "standby" consumption of the house and make a x3 to have roughly the power to install
- Buy the panels (indeed prices which seem interesting) on ​​corner corner on the side of Poitier
- Buy a standard inverter (are there good references, safe values?)
- Buy the rerouting system to my hot water tank. *

Am I good?

* On this subject I have a question: I have an HP / HC subscription, so the balloon works at night. Most hot water is used in the evening. So is there any interest in possibly heating the water via the panels during the day? (since cold water will mainly arrive in the evening and warm at night).

I am in Ile de France, my roof is oriented due east (5 ° south we will say) and therefore the other part due west (5 ° north therefore) with a slope of 35 °. Not ideal, but if we look at the orientation / tilt tables, it's still acceptable.

Thank you for your lights !
0 x