The first steps of my wind turbine in self-construction

Present your DIY projects, your new technical ideas, your innovations to test or your self-construction work. Because doing it yourself is often more economical and can be more efficient.
bobono
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

The first steps of my wind turbine in self-construction

by bobono » 20/10/07, 22:55

I built my wind turbine according to plans made by an English engineer. Almost everything is in recovery material.

Power 2 Kw Tri pal of 1..40 m each made of wood Rotor made with a car hubs Winding 10 coils of 250 turns.

Excitation by permanent magnet.

The machine produces alternative in five phases in 48 volts.

Once through a pond of diodes the machine produces 48 volts continuous.

The metal mast in 0.60 tube is glued to a tree that allows me to lower the machine in a few minutes and reassemble it without problem.
0 x
bham
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: The first steps of my wind turbine in self-construction

by bham » 21/10/07, 09:07

bobono wrote:I built my wind turbine according to plans made by an English engineer. Almost everything is in recovery material.

Hi bobono.
Say, you attack all over the place, between a hydrogen generator and a wind turbine ...Image

Building your wind turbine interests me very much. You may be able to give us a photo report with the technical details, the parts used, ... etc :D it would be nice !
0 x
loop
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by loop » 21/10/07, 09:25

Hi bobono

If your wind turbine works, well done, otherwise well done too for the motivation (development and reliability, it's not a piece of cake either)
Majority recovery, it's perfect (not always simple)

For the photos, I am also interested
Have you done performance measurements? rotation speed as a function of wind, power, no-load voltage, etc.

I have a project in progress, with a 600 W 12V generator purchased
(it's cheating for a self-builder, I admit, but it's the result that counts, the time saved too)
My first attempt to modify an automotive alternator with permanent magnets is suspended because I have one last problem to solve, it's cogging (proto soon to be tested)

Regarding your machine, I would say that 5 phases, this is not common, especially that you write having put 10 coils
That would mean that you only have .... 2 poles (??)
There may be confusion between the number of phases and the number of poles
In your case I would say that you have 5 pairs of poles (10 alternating N&S magnets) but only 1 phase?

For the power announced (2Kw) it is a lot considering the diameter (about 3 m if I understood correctly) but maybe you are benefiting from favorable winds

How do you intend to use the electricity produced? Storage in batteries or other?

In any case good luck and good winds

A+
0 x
lio74
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

Re: The first steps of my wind turbine in self-construction

by lio74 » 21/10/07, 11:31

bobono wrote:I built my wind turbine according to plans made by an English engineer. Almost everything is in recovery material.

Hello,

superb initiative ... with more recovery ... 8) 8)

Could you put online or give the link of your plan?

@+
0 x
"To do something is expensive, to do nothing will cost much more." Koffie Annan
next species endangered: Man ... and it will be good for him !!!
MAN IS A VERY DANGEROUS POLLUTION NATURAL!
bobono
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

Self-winding wind turbine

by bobono » 21/10/07, 12:41

Of course I will post photo and performence.

To answer the question Pkoi 5 phases and 10 coils (easy two in series).

For the moment the machine is running empty since I have electronics to build 5 diode bridges will bring me two continuous phases in 48 volts which I will use to charge the batteries and hello the note for the batteries.

I appeal. Or find cheaper diodes and dry batteries. I have already looked at Conrad.

I add that I ordered the Portuguese hydrolizer, if the wind turbine can charge me with the batteries which will be used to operate the hydrolizer it will be perfect.
0 x
tieole
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

wind turbine manufacturing

by tieole » 11/10/08, 19:04

Last week there are two new born babies in Brittany near Vannes. The two machines were manufactured during a week-long internship organized by the La Marmite association at La Vraie Croix with training provided by Tripalium.

During the week we made two machines, one of 4m in diameter bought by the Town Hall of the True Cross to supply a part of needs of the sports complex. The other a machine of 1m2 in diameter in 12v for battery charge. The little machine was won at the end of the internship by Yohann to provide electricity to him.

There are the photos on .... http://www.tieole.com/index.cfm?pageid=5106

The next course is at Château Saint-Ferréol in Drome in late October

Good luck

Jay
0 x
Jay