auto alternator modified wind

Present your DIY projects, your new technical ideas, your innovations to test or your self-construction work. Because doing it yourself is often more economical and can be more efficient.
loop
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

auto alternator modified wind

by loop » 18/01/08, 21:52

Bonsoir

Here are some pictures of my experimental car alternator version2

Bosch type 50 A
Rotor replaced by 12 permanent neodymium magnets
Stator rewound in wire + fine and full turns
Cogging has been reduced compared to version 1
Voltage measurements soon

A+

[Image
0 x
quartz
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by quartz » 18/01/08, 22:08

Very nice job loop,
We are impatiently awaiting the measurements.

A + + +
0 x
Every minute that passes is an opportunity to change the course of your life.
YouTube page, Dailymotion page, Picasa album, personal Pages, Viktor Schauberger
Other
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 18/01/08, 22:44

Hello

Didn't you try to wind it in single phase
No more material available for the single phase
It is the right method for a wind turbine. voltage regulation is another thing, if you want to do it with as little loss as possible.
Certain model the rotor is conical the regulation is done by the variable air gap (complicated) but on the snowmobile generator magneto the regultion is done by an electronic box in parallel on the circuit
the simple method was to have a variable consumption depending on the flow rate of the alternator, when the voltage goes up you consume more to crush the voltage.

It works well in a transformer despite the frequency variatoin it makes acute noise at 400Hz

Andre
0 x
loop
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by loop » 18/01/08, 23:27

Bonsoir

The 12v alternator, 6 pairs of poles was wound with 3 phases, as at the origin but in full turns and not in 1/2 turns
This is also what is recommended on the miniéoles site
The efficiency of a three-phase alternator is better
Logical since the copper is better distributed and "recovers" the magnetic field to the maximum

No regulation since it is the buffer role of the battery which will be charged, the charging voltage varying little with the power delivered by the alternator but it is more the intensity which must be monitored
This is the case for commercial permanent magnet alternators since the induction is constant, a regulator is nevertheless recommended for small battery capacities

A+
0 x
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 19/01/08, 15:38

Bravo, very nice achievement. Congratulations.
0 x
bolt
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by bolt » 19/01/08, 22:59

Hello

loop wrote:No regulation since it is the buffer role of the battery which will be charged, the charging voltage varying little with the power delivered by the alternator but it is more the intensity which must be monitored

with permanent magnets, it's a bit like running on an alternator without regulator (excitation of the rotor armature in direct maximum excitation 12 v battery voltage)

Then, no alternator turns faster, the longer the battery voltage rises:

with a drill 3000 r / min on the alternator, I already 17 v measured in output (to the battery terminals)

and normally an alternator can run much faster (I have not tried to connect it to my 6000 rpm grinder: too complicated and dangerous) : Mrgreen:

be careful not to do this for too long: heating the battery

bolt
0 x
quartz
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by quartz » 19/01/08, 23:15

Good evening everyone,

increasing speed also increases frequency.
the higher the rotational speed of the rotor, the higher the frequency of the output current, therefore on rectification the ripple voltage becomes lower and lower, the rms current approaches the peak current.

A + + +
0 x
Every minute that passes is an opportunity to change the course of your life.

YouTube page, Dailymotion page, Picasa album, personal Pages, Viktor Schauberger
Chatham
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Chatham » 19/01/08, 23:32

Bolt wrote:Then, no alternator turns faster, the longer the battery voltage rises:

with a drill 3000 r / min on the alternator, I already 17 v measured in output (to the battery terminals)

Ok, but what's the point of a wind turbine? what is sought in this case is a low boot speed alternator which delivers good low speed (see shaft alternator sailboat) otherwise it will drive a monstrous development which wastes enormous energy ... :?:
0 x
caracole
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by caracole » 20/01/08, 13:43

Very nice work, Bravo!

I found this very interesting link some time ago, where it is a question of wind turbines, mod alternator etc ...

http://www.windstuffnow.com/main/

Happy New Year
0 x
Windows is a human operating system by the computer.
Linux is the opposite ...
naca
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by naca » 20/01/08, 20:35

First of all, Congratulations, very neat work, once again hat.

For your information, Polymotor manufactures permanent magnet generators that I use for more than 20 years on small 1,35 wind turbines m diameter.
This engine starts to load from 650 / 700 RPM

It is also with this type of engine that I carried out my tests on the "Hatem" proto.

Here are some pictures of the bousin ..... modified
In the photo on the left, it's the original

https://www.econologie.info/share/partag ... e-0002.jpg

Naca
0 x
Motivates long, frees talents ...