Al Gore wants 100% green electricity

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
Chatham
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Chatham » 19/07/08, 13:08

jonule wrote:
90% of French people would agree to 100% green electricity, don't you think?

But certainly and even 100% ..., and we could do it ... if the whole planet had the natural resources of Norway or Iceland and their population density ... but it is very far from to be the case ... therefore impossible or then we must return to consumption by Western humans of the 19th century ...
0 x
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 19/07/08, 13:52

pff..
France has a surplus of electricity and devices operating there could do it differently, whether in industry and even in the home: just see what the solar thermal panels save for DHW.
not to mention that in France, there is more than enough wood! renewable.

for efforts if there is only 5% who can choose the tax credit system, it is because there is an additional cost because of ADEME subsidies and it is not within the reach of everyone.

fortunately there is self-construction and associations! -)

christine wrote:So let's plant wind turbines near their homes and make them pay a lot more for their electricity. What do you mean they don't agree? But finally? BUT THEN HOW TO DO IT?

very nice photo, it really makes you want to raise children next door ... fortunately the land costs nothing and are thus "accessible" ...
no need to caricature like that, otherwise there would never have been built! It is not because there are industrial glassware (ah well so?!) who want to raise the price (as for the privatization of EDF moreover) that the principle is not good, the wind turbines are not obliged to be located near consumers, there is a ground plan for that like PLUs, the zones are clearly defined, the wind zones are not chosen like that!
0 x
Chatham
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Chatham » 19/07/08, 14:39

jonule wrote:pff..
France has a surplus of electricity

And exports to countries which are "leaving nuclear power": hey, hey ...
0 x
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 19/07/08, 15:13

what?
you have understood the essentials, I think like me: France produces too much nuclear electricity. whereas we are not talking about stories of "we will need electricity and therefore power stations".
0 x
jc-tergal
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by jc-tergal » 20/07/08, 09:59

jonule wrote:what?
you have understood the essentials, I think like me: France produces too much nuclear electricity. whereas we are not talking about stories of "we will need electricity and therefore power stations".

you are sure that it produces too much because in winter it buys electricity from the German because it does not have enough. Which creates the last years of big power cuts precisely ...
0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 20/07/08, 10:11

Hello,
On the following link there are many answers:
http://www.senat.fr/rap/r06-357-1/r06-357-11.html
0 x
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 22/07/08, 10:53

0 x
Chatham
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Chatham » 22/07/08, 12:02

jc-tergal wrote:
jonule wrote:what?

you are sure that it produces too much because in winter it buys electricity from the German because it does not have enough. Which creates the last years of big power cuts precisely ...

Sorry it's exactly the opposite, it's the Germans who buy the majority, even if on occasion (central under review) they can be brought to supply us, the whole European network being interconnected ..., but the mega cut was caused by the weakness of the German network in a region where ... wind turbines failed (more wind ...)
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 09/08/08, 19:03

Chatham wrote:[...] but the mega cut was caused by the weakness of the German network in a region where ... wind turbines were lacking (more wind ...)
This apparently is not true, just a rumor served and re-used by anti-wind turbines ...
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."

Back to "hydraulic, wind, geothermal, marine energy, biogas ..."