Low battery charge detector

Tips, advice and tips to lower your consumption, processes or inventions as unconventional engines: the Stirling engine, for example. Patents improving combustion: water injection plasma treatment, ionization of the fuel or oxidizer.
caracole
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by caracole » 06/08/08, 22:38

For information.

The wind turbine is this one: http://www.solarworld24.com/product_info.php/info/p36_400-Watt-Windgenerator-inklusive-Laderegler-12V-System.html?XTCsid=781c07ec0daa864143904ce98bcaa463

and the solar panel 120w this one: http://www.solarworld24.com/product_info.php/info/p54_120-Watt--wp--Panneau-Solaire-Monocristallin-12-V-System.html

I would have to disassemble the regulator provided with the wind turbine to watch what it has in the belly ...

There is also the idea of ​​the LM3914 that seduces me ...
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 07/08/08, 08:38

the voltage of a battery can be detected when it is completely empty or when it is completely full, but between the 2 there is a large area where the voltage is almost constant

therefore the load indicators that use only the voltage does not indicate much: only the empty and the full are precise

turn on the group when the battery is completely empty it is a very good idea

stop when the battery is completely full it's a shame: it is better to charge just enough to ensure the safety of the battery but leave room for renewable energy that will happen: I would say so every time that the group is lit due to low voltage, it must run for a time determined by a simple delay, calculated to load for example 1 / 4 the capacity of the battery

it is impossible to stop the 1 / 4 load of the capacitance by measuring the voltage: at some volt load it will almost always stop empty or it will almost be full
0 x
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 07/08/08, 10:30

good idea, be careful not to overcharge, I mean if the battery discharges "suddenly" because of a consumable too greedy, it takes the same charging time as if it had discharged slowly ?

if not for the connections to the abtteries, I think that all the chargers (PV, wind, generator) can be connected, as long as they include at their base a system of type "one-way diode"?
0 x
caracole
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by caracole » 07/08/08, 16:00

Chatelot's idea is interesting, but turning on the generator when the battery is completely empty yes, why not, and shutting down the generator when the batteries have reached an "acceptable" charge level seems to me to be the right solution.
It remains to know how to detect voltage levels - I thought the circuit based on LM3914.
0 x
caracole
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by caracole » 07/08/08, 16:03

jonule wrote:good idea, be careful not to overcharge, I mean if the battery discharges "suddenly" because of a consumable too greedy, it takes the same charging time as if it had discharged slowly ?

if not for the connections to the abtteries, I think that all the chargers (PV, wind, generator) can be connected, as long as they include at their base a system of type "one-way diode"?

It makes me think maybe I should change my battery charger connected to the group? I have schottky diodes 100A ca should go ...
0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 07/08/08, 17:02

prances wrote:The idea of ​​Chatelot is interesting, but turn on the group when the battery is completely empty yes, why not, and shutting down the unit when the batteries have reached an "acceptable" charge level seems to me to be the right solution.
It remains to know how to detect voltage levels - I thought the circuit based on LM3914.

Not good for batteries, too much to empty.
I wonder if there is not a minimum of 25% to respect.
I'll look :D
0 x
Man is by nature a political animal (Aristotle)
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 07/08/08, 17:14

That's already something collected on the net
If you TOTALLY discharge a battery, you will have more 1.65 V !!! It will be a superb 0 and a DEAD battery.
A battery lead (12v) is CONSIDERED discharged, when its tension ATTEINT 10.5 v. It is not necessary to go down below, under penalty of deterioration this one here.
So we NEVER empty a lead-acid battery

And a little lesson on batteries, for Caracole (pensioner :D )
http://www.batteries-service.fr/?conten ... ml#COMMENT
0 x
Man is by nature a political animal (Aristotle)
caracole
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by caracole » 07/08/08, 21:12

lejustemilieu wrote:That's already something collected on the net
If you TOTALLY discharge a battery, you will have more 1.65 V !!! It will be a superb 0 and a DEAD battery.
A battery lead (12v) is CONSIDERED discharged, when its tension ATTEINT 10.5 v. It is not necessary to go down below, under penalty of deterioration this one here.
So we NEVER empty a lead-acid battery

And a little lesson on batteries, for Caracole (pensioner :D )
http://www.batteries-service.fr/?conten ... ml#COMMENT

Even better: http://www.batteries-service.fr/?conten ... tml#CHARGE
0 x
Windows is a human operating system by the computer.
Linux is the opposite ...
caracole
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by caracole » 07/08/08, 21:17

I think that one of the solutions is the one seen on this site (to adapt according to the desired power)

http://www.elecfree.com/circuit/battery ... -with-pcb/

Bad luck, all electronics shops are closed. So I will experiment after the holidays.

Thanks to Justemilieu for the link on everything you can know about batteries.
0 x
Windows is a human operating system by the computer.

Linux is the opposite ...

Back to "Special motors, patents, fuel consumption reduction"