After the Nile Perch: Panga fish, globalization

Current Economy and Sustainable Development-compatible? GDP growth (at all costs), economic development, inflation ... How concillier the current economy with the environment and sustainable development.
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 03/08/08, 09:28

elephant wrote:yes, indeed, this antibiotic aspect had escaped me, sorry ..
sweetheart ! no panga on the menu! neither tonight, nor next week, never, what! :frown:

A striking example:

Frédéric Forget Chiroptérologue - Plécotus
“Cow dung is an opportunity for young bats because there they find a kind of insect called the affodius which is very easy to catch because you know exactly where they are. So even an inexperienced bat is able to eat around a cow dung. ”

Only here, it happens more and more often that these real training grounds for young bat pilot are completely deserted by insects. The cause, a drug that was given to the cow. An antiparasitic so strong that it retains its properties even in the dung.

Frédéric Forget Chiroptérologue - Plécotus
“Cow dung becomes really sterile and therefore the bats can no longer eat. In any case for certain species and so, it is a cause of disappearance. ”
0 x
Man is by nature a political animal (Aristotle)
Bibiphoque
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Bibiphoque » 04/08/08, 11:11

Hello,
The pangasius is normally a very good fish which retains a firm flesh when cooked.
But as in all cases of intensive animal husbandry, we find the same abuses of attempts at preventive control, therefore abuse.

Too bad, I quite liked the taste of the bestiolle.
Hop, trash, like the pole of the nile.

@+
0 x
This is not because we always said that it is impossible that we should not try :)
Christophe

by Christophe » 04/08/08, 11:23

I just saw in a catalog of O Cool (equivalent of Picard) at 50% reduction either 3.5 € per kg frozen !!

: Shock: : Shock:
0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 04/08/08, 11:24

Bibiphoque wrote:Hello,
The pangasius is normally a very good fish which retains a firm flesh when cooked.
But as in all cases of intensive animal husbandry, we find the same abuses of attempts at preventive control, therefore abuse.

Too bad, I quite liked the taste of the bestiolle.
Hop, trash, like the pole of the nile.

@+

Hold on : Cheesy: maybe they will raise them at the Tihange nuclear power plant, like the tilapia; it will be safer! : Cheesy:
0 x
Man is by nature a political animal (Aristotle)
Bibiphoque
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Bibiphoque » 04/08/08, 11:54

Christophe wrote:I just saw in a catalog of O Cool (equivalent of Picard) at 50% reduction either 3.5 € per kg frozen !!

: Shock: : Shock:

Hello,
The price of sardinne, without odors and stops!
@+
0 x
This is not because we always said that it is impossible that we should not try :)
Christophe

by Christophe » 04/08/08, 12:04

Yeah (even if the sardine in a box at this price is 1st price!) Except that the sardine is not frozen and does not come from the other end of the world in refrigerated transport !!

Here it reminds me of a question: the ecological cost of frozen food ... I'm going to make a subject.
0 x