Brita filters

Work concerning plumbing or sanitary water (hot, cold, clean or used). Management, access and use of water at home: drilling, pumping, wells, distribution network, treatment, sanitation, rainwater recovery. Recovery, filtration, depollution, storage processes. Repair of water pumps. Manage, use and save water, desalination and desalination, pollution and water ...
little sparrow
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by little sparrow » 09/07/08, 22:10

Bonjour,

lejustemilieu wrote:If you read everything, slowly and well, you will see that your idea of ​​osmosis is very bad.
Starting with the very poor performance of the system, then drink water without minerals?, In short you will see, everything is well explained.

I still see that the "myths and misconceptions" about reverse osmosis are still hanging on ....

and I find it a pity to take as a reference an aquarium site to talk about osmosis for domestic use and especially food ....

well, well, everyone has their own ideas .....

cordially
0 x
well hello to you !! ...
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 09/07/08, 23:06

Ti pierro he criticizes without having opened, and especially read the link ...
But! maybe the one who wrote this info doesn't know anything about it.
So you pierro y vat explain to us :D
0 x
Lietseu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Lietseu » 10/07/08, 01:16

nialabert wrote:I don't understand what you have against tap water. Here in Geneva, it is often said that tap water is better than bottled water.
I guess in most of France it's the same thing

I prefer to drink tap water than water that has been stuck in a filter for hours. Besides, I only use the filters for the water we are going to cook, it avoids having a layer of lime on all the pans.

In addition if there is something left in the tap water, it makes the antibodies work : Cheesy:

Another example, it seems that an American who drinks tap water in Europe will be sick, he can't stand it. Their water is too sanitized !!!
To be confirmed

Obviously with the Lake which is not lawful and the legendary cleanliness of the Swiss, we imagine that if you came to live in Antwerp, you could sell us your tap water for glacier water of 1.000.000. years, in the Japanese way!

and win water in bar (gold, sorry!)

A+ : Mrgreen:
0 x
By removing Human Nature, he was far from his nature! Lietseu
"The power of love, must be stronger than the love of power" contemporary Lie Tzu?
One sees clearly only with the heart, the essential is invisible to the eyes ...
Lietseu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Lietseu » 10/07/08, 01:26

citro wrote:: arrow: A home reverse osmosis "seller" dipped electrodes in a glass of water from my tap and "revealed" the contents ...
After a few seconds a mud appeared at the bottom of the glass and an oily layer on the surface.

He explained that the treatments clarified the water to make it visually acceptable, but there was still a lot of shit in it.

I have not signed an installation / rental contract for its reverse osmosis unit. I consider this to be a commercial scam.
However, my parents-in-law having water that had become undrinkable in the Dordogne, I bought a set of 2 Brita decanters (the 2nd offered). We tried and found that even at home where the water is suitable, it got better. This was even more noticeable for tea, coffee, cooking.

So I offered the second carafe to my parents-in-law after having "validated" the product at home. Their water has finally become drinkable and no more stomach aches with it. :D

At home, after 2 months, I was tired of filling the carafe 3 times with each meal and especially of waiting for it to be filtered. :frown:

So I went to the filter under sink with fountain tap on the sink. I found a correct and inexpensive product (30 €) with a two-component cartridge at 4.5 € for 4000 liters with which I am very satisfied.

I blame the decanters for the excessive price of the cartridges and their very tedious maintenance because they are not made of glass.

Well, I applaud! the remark concerning the tea is very exact, I am a mad lover to the point of importing it from Daarjeeling (cheaper and much better)

it's true that if you only have one jug, it's very short, so two in rotation is a good idea, could you tell me what you bought to fix on the tap and at what price, hygiene must surely be easier to ensure (although my jugs are 65 ° in the dishwasher, without deforming ...)

Thanks for the previous info and to come
:P
0 x

"The power of love, must be stronger than the love of power" contemporary Lie Tzu?

One sees clearly only with the heart, the essential is invisible to the eyes ...
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 10/07/08, 13:20

Lietseu wrote:
citro wrote:: arrow: So I went to the filter under sink with fountain tap on the sink. I found a correct and inexpensive product (30 €) with a two-component cartridge at 4.5 € for 4000 liters with which I am very satisfied.

I blame the decanters for the excessive price of the cartridges and their very tedious maintenance because they are not made of glass.

Well, I applaud! the remark concerning the tea is very exact, I am a mad lover to the point of importing it from Daarjeeling (cheaper and much better)

It is true that if you have only one jug, it is very short, so two in rotation is a good idea, could you tell me what you bought to fix on the tap and at what price. ..

Well i installed a under sink filtration with fountain like this or that one
0 x
fabio.gel
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

Reverse osmosis and health problem !!!!

by fabio.gel » 10/07/08, 15:35

Hello
I have been using a reverse osmosis system at home for over 3 years.
And I don't use it anymore.

The water passes through 3 filters before arriving at the osmotic membrane.
The water that comes out is purified.
On the other hand, where its fishing is the pH of water 5,75 at the start my wife and I drank only that and over time our body acidity started to climb we could no longer eat any acidifying product for the 'organism (cereal, meat ...).
In addition, osmosis water being very poor in minerals elimination by the urine was much more important (we were losing weight day by day).
Result of the races if someone is interested in a reverse osmosis I sell mine.
I returned to the good old plastic bottle (unfortunately).
Our acidity is back to normal and I have regained my fitness weight (I haven't moved since my 18 years:))

Water filtration for me is a bad experience and osmosis water I strongly recommend it !!! (can be by to put in the iron or in the car washer bottle).
0 x
I do my best to not leave trash world to my children ....
fabio.gel
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by fabio.gel » 10/07/08, 15:38

citro wrote:
Lietseu wrote:
citro wrote:: arrow: So I went to the filter under sink with fountain tap on the sink. I found a correct and inexpensive product (30 €) with a two-component cartridge at 4.5 € for 4000 liters with which I am very satisfied.

It is true that if you have only one jug, it is very short, so two in rotation is a good idea, could you tell me what you bought to fix on the tap and at what price. ..

Well i installed a under sink filtration with fountain like this or that one

Hi CITRO

Have you tested the PH of your water Before and after your filtration system?

I would be interested in the result?

Thank you
0 x
I do my best to not leave trash world to my children ....
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 10/07/08, 15:44

Rhooo, I'm going to propose this thing to my beautiful daughter who is trying to lose weight
Eh! you stone :D
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 10/07/08, 17:42

fabio.gel wrote:Hi CITRO

Thank you

Here are the pH and Chlorine results

Tap water (unfiltered)
pH = 7.6 (ideal)
Chlorine = 1.6 (there are)

Water from my fountain (filtered)
pH = 7.4 (barely noticeable difference, or uneven reagent dosage?)
Chlorine = 1.3 (same remark as for pH)

Conclusion my filter has above all a "mechanical" action on the water but little chemical impact. It is quite logical, there is no chemical or they have long been diluted. My cartridge is not new, I will have to check when changing the cartridge ... :?
0 x
Lietseu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Lietseu » 10/07/08, 22:07

citro wrote:
fabio.gel wrote:Hi CITRO

Thank you

Here are the pH and Chlorine results

Tap water (unfiltered)
pH = 7.6 (ideal)
Chlorine = 1.6 (there are)

Water from my fountain (filtered)
pH = 7.4 (barely noticeable difference, or uneven reagent dosage?)
Chlorine = 1.3 (same remark as for pH)

Conclusion my filter has above all a "mechanical" action on the water but little chemical impact. It is quite logical, there is no chemical or they have long been diluted. My cartridge is not new, I will have to check when changing the cartridge ... :?

Well the filters on the jugs, it changes every 30 days ... and at 3 € the filter, it's not so expensive ... and it's better than water from the grobinet : Mrgreen:
0 x

Go back to “Water management, plumbing and sanitation. Pumping, drilling, filtration, wells, recovery ... "